• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lifting V7 Stone III

With you so far, but how does it provide, "... easy relocation of the bike while on the stand"?
And where is the "Quick foot pedal operation ..."?

I reckon they've either (accidentally) put the wrong description on the shown item or else it's over-the-top false advertising. The item shown can't do either of those things.

I didn't even notice that blurb... but you're correct, it is the wrong description! The stand does not move anywhere while the bike is on it and there is no "foot pedal". Definitely just rollers that you push the bike onto and voila, the wheel is free to turn.

With you so far, but how does it provide, "... easy relocation of the bike while on the stand"?
And where is the "Quick foot pedal operation ..."?

I reckon they've either (accidentally) put the wrong description on the shown item or else it's over-the-top false advertising. The item shown can't do either of those things.

That's what I meant. :D

Dynamoto-motorcycle-stands-triumph-thruxton-r_31875195-8aa6-438e-ab5d-7f73f1ec2f61_1024x.jpg

I can see how you could rotate this with one stand, but don’t see how it would work with both ends on stands ?
On one stand can you move it straight back and forth ?
( have you got these or found something that looked interesting ;) )

I use a motorcycle jack available at CT or PA for around $100. I made an adaptor out of scrap wood and rubber pads that lifts my V7iii at the rear of the oil pan and the lower rear frame cross bar (behind the cannister). I've used this jack for years with all my Brit bikes.

I’m looking at this type of lift to get the bike off the ground a bit for any servicing.
I wasn’t sure what kind of contact it would make with the frame/exhaust/engine...
I’m expecting to have to do some McGyvering to have it lift safely and without damaging anything.

I’m looking at this type of lift to get the bike off the ground a bit for any servicing.
I wasn’t sure what kind of contact it would make with the frame/exhaust/engine...
I’m expecting to have to do some McGyvering to have it lift safely and without damaging anything.
The adaptor I made contacts the rear frame crossbar and the rear of the oil pan.
It clears the exhaust.

Ok - Now i'm trying to figure out how to lift the front end of the bike. :eek:
Looking around under the bike there is No Way to make something that will lift it by the frame tubes out front.
I'm not keen on just using a jack under the finned pan and its Not really Flat under there?

So what do All Y'all use ?

Ok - Now i'm trying to figure out how to lift the front end of the bike. :eek:
Looking around under the bike there is No Way to make something that will lift it by the frame tubes out front.
I'm not keen on just using a jack under the finned pan and its Not really Flat under there?

So what do All Y'all use ?

This should work just fine. pit-bull.com/makes-and-models/moto-guzzi-motorcycles/moto-guzzi-v7-racer

indeed that would work - I should have been more specific - sorry
I am looking to Lift the front off the ground to work on the wheel / brakes / forks.

One of the lift kits / stands from the EU was centered enough that you could easily lift the front / and rest the back tire on the ground and had a little "thing" that they supplied that you could put under the Pan to hold the front wheel off the ground.

So I'm thinking - I could back the bike into the stand I bought - attach it to the D Rings I put in the wall :) - but I don't know if my cradle will lift the front end ? It is located where the center stand mounts.

So I'm looking for options.

Last edited:
indeed that would work - I should have been more specific - sorry
I am looking to Lift the front off the ground to work on the wheel / brakes / forks.

One of the lift kits / stands from the EU was centered enough that you could easily lift the front / and rest the back tire on the ground and had a little "thing" that they supplied that you could put under the Pan to hold the front wheel off the ground.

So I'm thinking - I could back the bike into the stand I bought - attach it to the D Rings I put in the wall :) - but I don't know if my cradle will lift the front end ? It is located where the center stand mounts.

So I'm looking for options.
I lift my III with a pitbull stand. I use a motorcycle scissor jack, center the smaller adjustable lifts, then place a large car jack pad on top, then lift in the center of the oil pan with no issues at all.

I use a motorcycle jack available at CT or PA for around $100. I made an adaptor out of scrap wood and rubber pads that lifts my V7iii at the rear of the oil pan and the lower rear frame cross bar (behind the cannister). I've used this jack for years with all my Brit bikes.

Garth, have you got any dimensions for your adaptor?

I need something similar for my V9 so if you have it would save me crawling around under the bike trying to measure it all up

Cheers

Yes ! that's the one I saw !
DOH !
SMTCapeCod posted it above !!!

There are none so Blind as those who WILL NOT SEE - ( pointing to Self ) :rofl:

Have to admit that I haven't tried mine yet. Looks somewhat intuitive, but the (translated) instructions are less clear.

Attachments

• Stein Dinse lift Instructions Translated.pdf
    108.2 KB · Views: 24
It was so difficult to chose my favorite sentence from the translation :rofl:

“Do not jack up alone. Basically, let yourself be carried away by a second”

My father in law would occasionally get a part or tool from the Far East, some of the translations were hilarious !

For those interested: I ended up getting the Rollastand for 33$ on fortnine.ca. It's quite small and light but solid enough and doesn't flex at all. With this, I was able to check valves clearances without an issue. (err.. without an issue regarding getting the wheel to turn anyway..)
fortnine.ca/en/hardline-rollastand

So, do you think this rollerstand would work well with a front wheel chock? I'm thinking of a wheel chock for the front and then this rollastand for turning the wheel to adjust valves when needed? I don't have much use to buy a rear stand to lift the back of the bike up as I don't think I would ever attempt to remove the rear wheel. Nice that it's in Canada and a fair price as well.

thanks
James

Made one to lift the back:
And another for the front

Attachments

• 9581F0B5-AEC7-4ADC-A133-BF3D8310DA8F.jpeg
    9581F0B5-AEC7-4ADC-A133-BF3D8310DA8F.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 1425FB12-2B8C-42E2-AD48-D1438E622C2E.jpeg
    1425FB12-2B8C-42E2-AD48-D1438E622C2E.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
A center stand, a scissors jack, and some 2x4 wood blocks will get the whole bike off the ground. These are real work-savers and you’ll use them over and over. It’s worth the bucks...

Back