• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Should Guzzi compete in the King of Baggers?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Just some fun conversation. The realization of doing this properly would be staggering in a cost perspective, and you can count on Guzzi never being part of it... But maybe a crowd-sourced project? A supercharged 1380cc Griso engine would get the needed power, and it could NOT be based on a MGX-21 frame. Gearing and wheels would be the major hurdle. What say you?

Rendering by Oberdan Bezzi:
E849C1C1 D6C7 4709 A90A 419A6B4749B9

That Looks awesome !
- I thought the frame was one of the Original required components ( from what I heard in the Videos) but I didn’t read the “Rule book” !
There needs to be a couple of wealthy benefactors behind this if MG won’t support it.

I would be thrilled to see MG re-enter any form of competition where they can embarrass other manufacturers of anocrhonistic low-tech motors

__Jason

I would love to see this go. How large could you take out a 1200 motor Todd? I think it could surprise a few people. A crowd funding of this could get enough interest.

Well, the Indian motor is new tech, and they didn’t have to do too much to their motor to win.
The Griso motor can go to 1440cc easily, and up to 1700cc with a ton of work and $. A supercharged 1380cc motor should make an easy 200+ rwhp. I’ll be finding out soon enough on my GTM build. Yes, the rules might be against this if it has to be the MGX-21 frame. If they allow a comparable model, any of the others are better suited. Right now, no one is sure if they’ll continue it as the race was more of a exhibition, but with all who stepped up, I’d have to imagine they’ll have another.
A donor or crash salvage 1400 would kick this off; But again, it will take an easy $50k+ to build something worthwhile, and that’s using a ton of my time and resources.

If some Carbon Fiber fabrication shop would be willing to “contribute”the cases and faring.
OLIN’s for suspension work, if several suppliers were willing to support the effort as a showcase of their wares in the hopes that the audience would look their way when making their next purchases ...
All Running that around / contacting the suppliers is a job in itself.

There was a guy in our car club that had developed relationships with several vendors over the years.
Those years of contact are what gave him the “ In” to get some of them to sponsor events, but it didn’t happen overnight.

Last edited:
Just some fun conversation. The realization of doing this properly would be staggering in a cost perspective, and you can count on Guzzi never being part of it... But maybe a crowd-sourced project? A supercharged 1380cc Griso engine would get the needed power, and it could NOT be based on a MGX-21 frame. Gearing and wheels would be the major hurdle. What say you?

Rendering by Oberdan Bezzi:
View attachment 21069
Mybquestion is how do i turn my 1200 Griso into a 1440 Griso?!?!
I modded it into a classic racer with clipons and fairing but more power would be amazing!
Anyways, the racing bagger wpuld be great. I have a MGX-21 and find it far superior to the Harley i used to ride but of course, can use some top end for sure. MORE HP I SAY!!!

Sadly, as I recall the rules for the Bagger class were specific to allow HD's and Indians ONLY. The Indians weren't allowed engine mods, the HD's were allowed pretty much anything they could do to the motor. Certain other aspects were nailed down, like must use the original engine mounts. But other aspects were open, so while some guys had working bags that could carry stuff other guys had fiberglass shells that only looked like bags.
Maybe you could get them to adjust the rules to allow Guzzi's, but I am not sure that is high on their list of priorities.
It would be interesting, though.

Is that similar to the case of flat track dirt racing? I love the sport with many memories of great feature race finishes especially. And of the track type people at those events are the added reality. But I have never seen a Guzzi twin out there. Usually all HD and Indians exclusively a few Yamas as well. With the torque capabilities of the big block.....come on fellas? Could slide the shit out of the right set up out on the mud.

Is that similar to the case of flat track dirt racing? I love the sport with many memories of great feature race finishes especially. And of the track type people at those events are the added reality. But I have never seen a Guzzi twin out there. Usually all HD and Indians exclusively a few Yamas as well. With the torque capabilities of the big block.....come on fellas? Could slide the shit out of the right set up out on the mud.
It is. Indian FTR, (Made in India) HD, Kawi, Yamaha, Ducati, Triumph and now Royal Enfield.
Guzzi has no shot, far too heavy, no easy gearing options, and must be a stock frame.

It is. Indian FTR, (Made in India) HD, Kawi, Yamaha, Ducati, Triumph and now Royal Enfield.
Guzzi has no shot, far too heavy, no easy gearing options, and must be a stock frame.
Copy that thanks. You know the new 1200 Indian flat tracker. The one with limitless technology I heard you say while back. Now that bike I really like and is genuinely form and function front of class..... Hey don't you have photo design inhancement software? Slap
an 8v + CARC on that Indian platform just to see maybe. Like the Baggers concept. Fun to think about that outside the box kinda stuff. I can almost picture barrels stuck out the sides of that bike. And you know, just like the Bagger concept, somebody has to ride the damn thing once built....

Now, I going to take that image over to *Several* Indian MC websites and start a thread about their New power plant Direction :rofl:
Then site back and watch to Show !

PS:Awesome job by the way !

This is in NO Way a comment on your abilities or of you photoshop work - but under closer inspection there seems to have been a bit of “artistic license” used in regards to the exhaust routing ;)
Impossible to route the Guzzi V to the Indian VTwin exhaust.

PPS: Oy, I cant post that with a Guzzi tank emblem - geeezzzz

( You know I’m joking Eh ? )

Last edited:
Man, picky. Basic fast PhotoChop. I don’t like this Indian, and I certainly don’t like this mesh, but to each their own. Hell, I can make this from my custom GTM frame if someone wants one. ;)

70531EB6 0BB6 425D 8269 ADE4B0C3AC6B

Thanks, I could *Almost* pass it off as the future of Indian Motorcycles now :)

I’m not terribly fond of that bike either, but like a lot of things, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don’t know if anyone watched the Fortnine - “What is the most Beautyfull Motorcycle” episode.. I think he might have been “Smokin some” before / while he was writing / doing that episode, she’s not UGLY, but she’s no Sophia Lauren.

Has anyone watched the Radical Guzzi episode on “The Bike Show” ?

Back