• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How many of us are there on this forum?

Hello there
Am about o take delivery of my 5th Guzzi. a 2012 Stelvio.
Have rationalised my collection as am now retired etc and have decided on a Stelvio.
The V9 and the Himalayan have gone to new homes down here in Hobart.
Couldn't afford a V85 and needed more comfort, luggage space and some ability to take the odd dirt road.
Also... needed a Guzzi for the trip to Mandello next year.
The bike should arrive from Vic late next week. Checking the engine nos, believe she has been rollerised from the factory. Bit worried about the weight. Was concerned about the seat height too, but the bloke I am buying off has lowered it. Maybe now will be too low. We'll see. am buying without actually having seen it in the metal.
Appreciate any guidance as I commence my new Guzzi adventure.
Cheers

Mate-you go for it! Do a service on the bike yourself, take the wheels out and check the bearings and seals, brakes etc. Put some very high quality oil in every bit of the Guzzi. See you in Mandello in 2021 and if you've ridden it there, I'l stand you a drink or 3. We have our stay booked already so see you there!!
Know your steed!

Cheers Mate.
or 4...
Pretty excited about Mandello in 2021. Have booked a container spot with Teo Lamers. Am also booked on his slow tour from the freight unloading point in Holland to Mandello.
As for the Stelvio. Gets picked up in Melbourne on Wednesday and if all goes to plan should have here in Hobart Thursday afternoon.
Then got it to get it inspected and registered.
Interestingly its a mid 2012 build but wasn't bought until mid 2014. Only got 27k on it.
This will be my 5th Guzzi. A Jackal, 750 Breva, Breva 1100ST, a V9, and now a Stelvio.
Must have the Guzzi thing bad.
Copulater.

Another Aussie Guzzi nut here, recently took delivery of a V85TT, very impressive bike, loving it. This is Guzzi #7 for me, previousely had Sport 1100, Cali Special, Breva 1100, Breva 1200, Le Mans II and still have a 71 Nuovo Falcone.

I went the 1200GS way for nearly 10 years, but pleased to say I got that out of my system and have come back to the Guzzi clan.

Hi there.
I'm new to MGs, but felt a strange pull towards getting one.
Picked up a Breva 750 about a month ago.
Did the oil changes, and rode it for a couple of weeks... thought it was the personality of the bike whenever I pull the clutch in and could hear a not too loud high pitch whine.
I thought it was the clutch cable linkages that needed adjusting and I did that.
I managed to make it home before the clutch finally gave out... hopefully I didn't wreck the gearbox trying to make it home...
Needing some help to find a MG mechanic in Auckland, NZ that knows how to do a MG clutch replacement...
Cheers!!!!

Happy New Year everyone.
Glim-bad news re the clutch. Experience in Auckland are official dealers and my dealings with them have been 1st rate. Good luck with the repair.

Happy New Year everyone.
Glim-bad news re the clutch. Experience in Auckland are official dealers and my dealings with them have been 1st rate. Good luck with the repair.
Cheers!
I did call Experience in Auckland to try and get a quote for the clutch job a few days before Christmas...probably not the best of times to call for a clutch job quote...:)

Gidday From Dirty old Dunedin
just got a V7iii 50th anniversary sight unseen never even ridden a V7
My first Guzzi after selling my Yammie FZ1s and half a lifetime of boxer beemers
i did test ride a mkii Lemans back in the 80s and i didnt like how it vibrated so much it changed gears for me.
But i did love my first blast out in the twisties on her.

Ok you KIWIS - Get your WOF & gear ready, big ride to Hamner Springs next weekend.
Celebrating 100 years for Guzzi.
Riding down from central North Island on one of my Guzzi's, my mates bringing his Beemer, nothing like an excuse for a ride.
Trusting we will be all clear to do this - no Covid in the South Island anyway is there?

Ok you KIWIS - Get your WOF & gear ready, big ride to Hamner Springs next weekend.
Celebrating 100 years for Guzzi.
Riding down from central North Island on one of my Guzzi's, my mates bringing his Beemer, nothing like an excuse for a ride.
Trusting we will be all clear to do this - no Covid in the South Island anyway is there?

See you there, Bigbear and many others too, I hope. Safe trip everyone.

Add another Kiwi,
Just rejoined the Guzzi 'fold' after a 20yr hiatus. A California 2002 80th edition, with 14.000km's. (doesn't have the tassels on mine) Previous Guzzi's, Spada, an early Cali 1100 (carb'd) One of the first 3 in NZ, Which was 'traded in' for .... {Yeh I know, don't say it). But. finally returned to the marque.
(Thought I'd better update the picture to the actual bike I own)

Guzzi 80th

Last edited:
Welcome back to the fold. Good to have more of us on here. Hope you fall in love with your MG all over again.
Already have. lol
Got a few minor issues cropped up. Expected really with a bike this age and such low km's. But motor wise, etc she is running very nicely.

I'm a new Guz owner from the Aust NSW/ VIC border.
These bike really seem to have a soul, don't know how else to describe it.

Kiwi here. Just bought a new 2023 V7 Stone. Replaces previous 2015 V7 Stone. I think this is the coolest bike I've ever had, or at least in the top 3, of bikes going back to the 70s. The V7 is what the HD Sportster was supposed to be, but wasn't.

Back