• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat owners, please reassure me!

My seat is ok. No major issues. Their customer service is awful and i'll never buy another. Straight rude & condescending. You can tell they are used to being the only game in town and could not care less.

If someone has a corbin seat for sale for my 1400 touring, I could be interested .
Many thanks
Vizir

Should you get one ( I think there's someone on this forum with one for sale ) let me know , 'cuz my last
experience was not so great comfort wise . In my 60's with almost no ass left and the Corbin made me
aware of that every time I was on it :( . YMMV . Peter

FWIW, on my 2014 Cali1400 Custom, the Corbin seat raised the riding position at least 1 and 1/2", maybe two. And while still quite stiff (mine was bought used), it added an easy 100+ miles to how long I could stay on the bike. The contour of the butt bucket position is perfect for me. So I don't mind the firm factor so much. I DID add an Alaskan Leathers sheepskin cushion at the very beginning, as I had ordered one a couple of months before, and that's when it showed up. ;-) The stock seat of the Custom is very much a Harley Road Glide style of extreme bucket. MAYBE an inch of padding at the bottom of the bucket. No way I could tolerate that for more than 30 minutes. My knees and back benefited from the rise in elevation at the crotch with the Corbin. I'm thinking of getting a set of Todd's handlebar risers to help straighten out my back's position further...

Should you get one ( I think there's someone on this forum with one for sale ) let me know , 'cuz my last
experience was not so great comfort wise . In my 60's with almost no ass left and the Corbin made me
aware of that every time I was on it :( . YMMV . Peter
Yes, I'd like to buy a used one , because, 12 years ago, I put a corbin seat on my ST1300 Pan, and I was very happy with it .
In addition, I find the 1400 touring seat, very uncomfortable, and to low for me .
Temporarily, I'v put a foam cushion on the seat, home made , efficient, but not very elegant :))
Vizir

Last edited:
I just got my Corbin "gunfighter" seat today. Even brand new, fresh, and not broken in I was in love from the first moment my butt touched that seat. I wasn't dissatisfied with the stock V7 seat, it is 6 years old and had 9500 miles on it so it was good and broken in. But, I can already tell I'm going to love putting some miles on this new seat. If it does nothing but improve with use, well, count me a happy man.

The worst part is the weather! I'll ride in cold conditions but I don't think I've looked forward to Spring getting here like this since I was a little kid!

I've just ordered a Corbin, how does the leather on the seating areas stand up in the rain? Does it need to be covered and if does get wet does it take a while to dry out. Cheers, John.

I've just ordered a Corbin, how does the leather on the seating areas stand up in the rain? Does it need to be covered and if does get wet does it take a while to dry out. Cheers, John.

Not an issue. The leather is NOT thin. Mine lives in a garage usually, but there have been periods (a couple of weeks at a time, several periods over the last three years) where it has been parked outdoors for a period of time. The leather of mine shows wear, but nothing a good working in of Mink Oil (or something similar) hasn't taken care of. Corbin seats are not a comfy chair type of saddle, like the Russel Day Long are in my experience. I gladly note I've never owned a RDL saddle on any of my numerous bikes over the years, but I've seen a few, and swung a leg across them... ;-)

I'd treat it like any other good quality leather product. which means I would try to keep it out of the rain. If I was out and got caught in the rain, I'd be surprised if it couldn't handle it. I'd probably treat it like a good leather jacket, meaning at least try to keep it dry but not really worry about it too much, but also - refrain from swimming with it.

Had my Corbin seat for a month or so now and very happy with it. Looks great on the bike and definitely more comfortable the the Guzzi Comfort Gel seat. For some reason their sales to Oz are handled by Dynamic Cycle Parts in Canada and Chris from there was very helpful and great to deal with, ordered on 14/01/21 and delivered in Oz on 23/02/21

Attachments

• corbin6.jpg
    corbin6.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 44
  • corbin.jpg
    corbin.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 47
  • corbin3.jpg
    corbin3.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 44
Looks pretty good , so tell me (honestly :)) , is it as firm ( hard) as the lovely looking one on my LeMans 2 is ? Peter

I've put about 1500 miles on my Corbin seat, they definitely break in a little and get more comfortable. It's a real saddle. Makes longer distance rides a pleasure. For me the firmness level is just right. Pics in my profile if anyone wants to see it on my V7.

Had my Corbin seat for a month or so now and very happy with it. Looks great on the bike and definitely more comfortable the the Guzzi Comfort Gel seat. For some reason their sales to Oz are handled by Dynamic Cycle Parts in Canada and Chris from there was very helpful and great to deal with, ordered on 14/01/21 and delivered in Oz on 23/02/21
Hy, could you ask him if he can sell and send the same seat to Paris, France . What is the price in Canada in us $ ?
Many thanks
Vizir

Looks pretty good , so tell me (honestly :)) , is it as firm ( hard) as the lovely looking one on my LeMans 2 is ? Peter

It is very firm compared to the Guzzi seat, I haven't had a chance yet to put in an all day ride on it. I used an Airhawk cushion with the Guzzi seat but haven't needed it on the Corbin. If it 'breaks in' as they are said too it should be fine for an all day ride.

Hy, could you ask him if he can sell and send the same seat to Paris, France . What is the price in Canada in us $ ?
Many thanks
Vizir

Vizir, you can contact them online, they are very helpful and quick to respond.

Last edited:
Guys, please. All I do is chase free advertising hyperlinks to other people’s websites for them to make money off of this site. I’m OK if you post the info, just do NOT hyperlink it.

Apologies Todd, fixed it.
Appreciated. You can leave the info, just not hyperlinked. It's called SEO, and helps them rise to the top, and pushes this site down in the search rankings. I fight for every click.

Back