• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BB TONTI REGISTRY and pic thread

Here's a pic of my SE edition which I had up to 2014 & couldn't understand why the guy rode away on it so quickly- I didn't know much back then!

Upload 2020 8 2 12 27 23 Upload 2020 8 2 12 34 24

I did a lot of work to this bike since I bought it about two month ago. I bought and installed a new air box to replace the pod filters with, I did a full service replacing all fluids and filters, I replaced the original brake lines with new braided lines, new throttle and clutch cables, I replaced the battery, new rubber manifolds, new wind screen, cosmetic work, and, and, and...... The last thing I was waiting on yesterday was the re-covered seat. I liked the workmanship of the tech who worked on this seat, but the seats red color doesn't match up with the bikes red.... I waited six week for this seat, and I supplied the seat company one of this bikes side panels in order to get a correct color match...... I now need to take this seat back to the shop and hope that they can do a better job matching the color.
Fullsizeoutput 237cc

I have a black Sargent seat, which came with this bike, and it is really comfortable, but I think that it looks too beefy mounted on this bike. I almost wonder if I should have the wrong-colored red seat covering done in black, which would take care of the Sargent seat's big beefy look.
Fullsizeoutput 234bb

VIN#ZGUKDD0173M111118 - PaulH- Winter Haven, FL - D.O.P. 01/30/21

2003 California Stone Metal, came with a crappy broken aftermarket speedometer so I actually have no idea of the mileage, from the condition of the brakes, its not low, the bike has a power commander, but looks like it's never had the hydraulic valve recall done. Somebody also replaced the tank with a white one at some point. Despite all this it runs pretty nice, save for some fueling issues I'm trying my best to sort out.
PXL 20210123 181902164

I am trying to become the second owner of this 1972 V7 Sport.
My step dad has owned it since new. Ive been trying to get it from him for the past 10 year so I can restore it. It will be passed down to me eventually, I just need to be patient. It was a blast to ride
ride last time I was on it. But at this point it will need a full teardown restoration.
IMG 20210411 114633 edit 1155389805272658

IMG 20210411 114642 edit 1155417765917445

am trying to become the second owner of this 1972 V7 Sport.
That, my friend, is an iconic machine. I moved your post here to the big block Tonti section, as that is revered to be one of the holy grail models, and certainly one that Guzzi aspires to making everyone think is the predecessor of the new small block V7 (it is not). It's painful to see in that weathered condition, but hopefully you can get ahold of it soon and show it some love! Maybe find a new home for that fairing... but that's (maybe) just me. Hope to see you posting often. Welcome, and appreciate the post and photos(!)... If you could add the VIN# and related for the first post of this thread, you'll be the first for the V7 Sport!

It's painful to see in that weathered condition, but hopefully you can get ahold of it soon and show it some love! Maybe find a new home for that fairing... but that's (maybe) just me. Hope to see you posting often.

Ive been trying to get him to sell it to me for a long time. I wouldnt have to do a ground up restoration if I had got it 10 years ago. But as you can see. its been sitting for a while now. I plan to return it to its former glory.
I agree with you. I defenitely plan get raid of the Honda fairing. Works well, but It hides the beauty of the bike. Also you need to remember to move your fingers out of the way if you crank the handle bar all the way over. There is not enough clearanceaand you end up squishing your fingers.

The tricky part with getting raid of the fairing, will be to find a light bucket. I cant imagine theres a ton of those just kicking around looking for a home.

I didnt realize that the V7 Sport was a rare beast.

Ive been trying to get him to sell it to me for a long time. I wouldnt have to do a ground up restoration if I had got it 10 years ago. But as you can see. its been sitting for a while now. I plan to return it to its former glory. I didnt realize that the V7 Sport was a rare beast.
Well, hopefully you can get it sooner than later. Unmolested and original V7 Sports are getting rarer and rarer. My friend's Gordon and Rick at MGCycle.com will be of a big help to you for parts, including the headlight and related. Hope to see your progress posted here on the resto!

Screenshot 20210621 202110 Trade Me1 Hi,
By Way of introduction

1987 California lll
Vin# VW11714
Eng# 1/030591

Bought it off a lovely guy in Auckland, NZ, Dave. Who had tidied up the bike after it was damaged.
A lot of remedial mechanical work was done and Convert tank and side panels. He set it up for himself but I am finding the bars are wrong for me. At 100km/hr leaning into the wind the hand grips are in my arm pits so will have a think about what to do to improve the riding position for me.

It is my first Moto Guzzi and I really like the character of the bike.

Well, hopefully you can get it sooner than later. Unmolested and original V7 Sports are getting rarer and rarer. My friend's Gordon and Rick at MGCycle.com will be of a big help to you for parts, including the headlight and related. Hope to see your progress posted here on the resto!

I just had a long chat with my step dad. He finally accepted to give me his V7 Sport (making me the bike's second owner) in exchange for him getting to ride it first once I complete the restoration. A very very fair deal I would think.
Now I just need to put money aside for what I expect is going to be a costly endeavor.

Congrats! Welcome to the GT Forum, and thanks for posting.
The '00-02 California Series will remain one of my all time favorites... and a sport-ified one even more as I've done to mine too. Curious as to what you've done to sort the fueling with those mods? Any dyno graphs to share?
Well, it’s been a very long time coming, but I’ve finally got my hands on a Power Commander. I fitted it a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve not tuned it yet (on our new dyno!)
This week I decided to run the bike on the dyno as-is, with cam, airbox and exhaust mods (as I’ve run it for several years) and boy oh boy was I disappointed.
It’s picked up an entire 3 horsepower (to 67) and no torque (62 Ft/Lbs).
Honestly, I’m shocked at the result and really questioning my ability to gauge power of a bike. It honestly felt like a 75Hp bike with a few horsepower to be gained with a tune. I thought that 80Hp was within reach before I ran it on the dyno.
Saying that the weather may have been different, or it’s a different dyno is really grasping at straws.
So at this moment, I’m rather deflated and have put tuning it on hold. I can’t see the benefit of a couple of hours of dyno time for a 70-odd horsepower result…

signed,
Disappointed in Townsville

It’s picked up an entire 3 horsepower (to 67) and no torque (62 Ft/Lbs).
Honestly, I’m shocked at the result and really questioning my ability to gauge power of a bike. It honestly felt like a 75Hp bike with a few horsepower to be gained with a tune. I thought that 80Hp was within reach before I ran it on the dyno.
Saying that the weather may have been different, or it’s a different dyno is really grasping at straws.
So at this moment, I’m rather deflated and have put tuning it on hold. I can’t see the benefit of a couple of hours of dyno time for a 70-odd horsepower result…
What dyno did you get? Open air or sealed room? Definitely power varies dyno to dyno. I have thousands of hours on Dynojet's 150-250i.
20 years ago, I chased power with the Cal 1100... see my results here; https://archive.guzzitech.com/EVPower-Todd_E.html
67-72 rwhp is about the norm. You'll have to look to the V11 Sport motor (cam and 45mm throttle bodies) to get to 80+. I was able to get to 89.6 rhwp with the V11 Sport motor. As noted above, exhaust plays a major role.

G’day & thanks for taking an interest.

The dyno is a second-hand Dynojet (model unknown as I write) that we acquired from another shop. I say ‘unknown’ as I’m busy twirling spanners & wasn’t part of the acquisition or installation, but I will find out at let you know.

Our dyno room is unsealed for that real Townsville, real-world authenticity!!

If the Cali 1100 is the one I’m thinking of, I followed with interest as you were modifying it and remember the Sport 1100 motor.

While the specific details are gathering dust in a file at work, I can give you generalities re the bike’s modifications.

*Airbox lid with several 1” holes drilled
*Cleaned up intake and ports.
*Standard sized aftermarket valves with new valve springs
*New ‘healthy’ camshaft
*Homemade headers with balance-pipe
*Custom made stainless, straight-through mufflers.

The headers admittedly were designed for looks, but I did use an online calculator to determine pipe diameter and length of the primaries before the balance pipe.

Having had some time to ponder, it is entirely possible that my combination isn’t correct for my desired outcome.

Attachments

• CEC4ACA3-AE8B-43BD-8170-4B1C80C86F9D.jpeg
    CEC4ACA3-AE8B-43BD-8170-4B1C80C86F9D.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 13
Well, I’ve gotten over the misery of my recent dyno run & have taken a more balanced assessment of it.
My air-fuel ratios not withstanding, I did believe I’d have seen a better result, but looking objectively I can see that the power levels off from around the 5,900rpm mark, which suggests the engine has run out of breath. I believed that the original 40mm throttle bodies were capable of flowing more air than is evident.
I will definitely tune the engine properly when I get the opportunity, but I’ll have to give some thought as to increasing this air flow, possibly using larger throttle bodies and maybe larger valves….
Attached are my most recent dyno run and one from way back in ‘09 when the motor was standard, but with a K&N air filter and Staintune mufflers.

Attachments

• 126236F4-8EE1-4C38-99F8-DA175F854ACC.jpeg
    126236F4-8EE1-4C38-99F8-DA175F854ACC.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 7720F334-3E6C-4156-85B1-190DCF2ADF0D.jpeg
    7720F334-3E6C-4156-85B1-190DCF2ADF0D.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 18
All, like in the other sections and just for fun. A Registry of California 1100's listed below. Post all of your info in this thread, as formatted below, and I'll update the list as we go.

Cal Vin:
VIN#ZGUKDH0056M111184 - @Hane - City, State? - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDU0047M111574 - Mike Stewart- Central Point, OR - D.O.P. - 3.13
VIN#ZGUKDU0029M112273 - SALVAGE - Ionia, MI - 8.19
VIN#ZGUKDU0049M112274 - @scottmastrocinque - Findlay, OH - D.O.P. 8.30.19 @ Engle Motors - Kansas City, MO - O.O.?
VIN#ZGUKDD0089M112388 - Gerald Dunleavy - L.A., CA
VIN#ZGUKDD0083M133426 - Dave Rowe - Nanaimo, BC - D.O.P. - 12.24.14

'99+ Cal Variants:
Bassa:

Jackal:
VIN#ZGUKDBKD7YM151153 - @kidsmoke - Indianapolis, IN - D.O.P. 8-16-14 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD8YM150657 - Paul Barbato - Syracuse, NY - D.O.P. ?
VIN#ZGUKDBKD6YM150849 - GT-Rx® - Malibu, CA - D.O.P. 9.99 @North River Motors, Salem, MA
VIN#ZGUKDB3KDXM151192 - Stefan @Warulf - Stockholm, Sweden - D.O.P. ?.19 - O.O. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD4YM151384 - Jack Price - Bastrop, Texas - D.O.P. 5.07
VIN#ZGUKDBKD1YM151410 - @SoCal Kevin - Kevin Onarecker - Murrieta, CA - D.O.P. 2.20 - O.O. ? - Oakland, CA - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD9YM151641 - GT-Rx® - Malibu, CA - D.O.P. 10.12.12 (V7-11 V1.0)
VIN#ZGUKDBKD11M152224 - Salvage - Fredericksburg, VA - 8.19 - O.O. ?
VIN#ZGUKDBKD81M152933 - @Nordicnorm - Vancouver Island, BC - D.O.P. ?.07
VIN#ZGUKDBKD92M154806 - GT-Rx® - Malibu, CA - D.O.P. 06.12 (GTM-01)

EV:
VIN#ZGUKDD00X3M112125 - Salvage - Indianapolis, IN - 8.18
VIN#ZGUKDD00X4M112417 - SALVAGE / THEFT RECOVERY - Houston, TX - 12.20
VIN#ZGUKDBKD9WM112478 - Marty Hallberg @jetmechmarty - Dahlonega, GA - RTS 1.16 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD0WM113003 - SALVAGE - San Diego, CA - 7.19
VIN#ZGUKDBKD0WM113020 - @Jim Filice - CA - D.O.P. 1.13.18 - O.O.? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDB2KDWM113832 - @howlindawg - D.O.P. ?.2000 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD2WM113875 - Craig Fritts - Madison, AL - D.O.P. 4.19.14
VIN#ZGUKDBKDXWM113896 - @Bill Hagan - City, VA - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD01M115830 - SALVAGE - Colorado Springs, CO - 8.19
VIN#ZGUKDD0063M111649 - Parted
VIN#ZGUKDBKD62M117809 - @Tex0492 - City?, W.V. - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE

Special:
VIN#ZGUKDBKDAWM130825 - @Richard Bentley - High Country, Victoria, AUS - D.O.P. 3.17 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDB???1M131983 - Mick Corby @Helmetbolt - Co Durham, England - D.O.P. 4.9.01 - Pic HERE

Stone:
VIN#ZGUKDD0173M111118 - @PaulH - Winter Haven, FL - D.O.P. 1.30.21 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDD0163M111143 - SALVAGE - St. Louis, MO - 5.19
VIN#ZGUKDD0183M111256 - George Gutenberg - Palm Desert, CA D.O.P - 6.14
VIN#ZGUKDD0163M111319 - SALVAGE - Vallejo, CA - 1.20
VIN#ZGUKDD0144M111370 - @Yellowheader - Edmonton, CAN - D.O.P. 07.24.16 - Pics HERE
VIN#ZGUKDC4203M111755 - @William Horne - Tauranga, New Zealand - D.O.P. 2018 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDC4203M111764 - @geoffrey - City?, U.K. - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDBKD02M154239 - SALVAGE - Fremont, CA - 12.20
VIN#ZGUKDBKD92M154806 - GT-Rx® - Malibu, CA - D.O.P. 11.13 (V7-11 V2.0)
VIN#ZGUKDBKD31M152984 - Jeff Celentano - Summerville, SC - D.O.P. ?
VIN#ZGUKDC4KD1M155044 - @Gwilliam - Guildford, England - D.O.P. ?
VIN#ZGUKDC4KD1M185106 - Conan Maguire @Conanidol - Geelong Vic. Townsville AUS - D.O.P. ?.06 - Pics HERE

SS:
VIN#ZGUKKDD0063M133473 - @XKC2019 - City?, VT - D.O.P. 9.1.20 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKD8KDX2M133785 - SALVAGE - Ellwood City, PA - 04.20
VIN#ZGUKDBKD12M133822 - New Owner? - S.O.: Lee Turner - Simi Valley, CA - DOP 1.29.13 - O.O. ?

Alum:

Titanium:

VIN#ZGUKDD0043M133519 - Bob Carter @Nukebob - Phoenix, AZ - D.O.P. 2.3.16 - O.O. Todd Brodkorb - Phoenix, AZ - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDD0063M133523 - @Hydrolastic - Kent, WA - D.O.P. 5.20 - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUKDD00X4M133669 - SALVAGE - Salem, NH - 12.20

Black Eagle:

>'98 Cals:
VIN#ZGUKDAKD1TM100203 - Curt Edwards @Vintagehoarder - LaGrange, KY - D.O.P. 7.16 @Cadre Cycle Cincinnati
VIN#ZGUKDAKD3VM100402 - @jmac851 - City, State? - '96 Cal 1100 - D.O.P. 7.1.2012
VIN#ZGUKDAKD0TM100256 - SALVAGE - East Point, GA - 1.20

Cal III
VIN#VW11714 - @Marcus V1000 - Auckland, NZ - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE
VIN#ZGUVWBVT8LM30043 - @farmboy460 - City?, Canada - D.O.P. ?

LMs:

850 LM:
VIN#VE11111 - Alfred Wilson @motofreddy - San Diego, CA - D.O.P. ? - Pic in this thread

LMV:
VIN#ZGUVVBVV3KM100514 - SALVAGE - Washington, D.C. - Owner?
VIN#ZGUVVBVV8MM100558 - D King @D'sLemansV - City?, PA - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE

LMIV:
VIN#ZGUVVAVV2FM100052 - Andreas Boehme @MedicAndy - Willow Spring, NC - D.O.P. 04.16 - Pic HERE

LMIII:
VIN#ZGUFAVF3EM100324 - Pat Williams @fireflyr - Keene, CA - D.O.P. 2016 - Pic HERE

LM II:
VIN#13233 - @blakbird - Alpharetta, GA - O.D.O.P. 1.14.80 @Hyde Motorcycles Horsham W.Sussex UK -> D.O.P 8.1.85

T3:
VIN#103366 - Pat Williams @fireflyr - Keene, CA - D.O.P. 2016 - Pic HERE

1972 V7 Sport
Frame / engine number 033532
Abbotsford, Canada
2nd owner

The last thing I was waiting on yesterday was the re-covered seat. I liked the workmanship of the tech who worked on this seat, but the seats red color doesn't match up with the bikes red.... I waited six week for this seat, and I supplied the seat company one of this bikes side panels in order to get a correct color match...... I now need to take this seat back to the shop and hope that they can do a better job matching the color.

I have a black Sargent seat, which came with this bike, and it is really comfortable, but I think that it looks too beefy mounted on this bike. I almost wonder if I should have the wrong-colored red seat covering done in black, which would take care of the Sargent seat's big beefy look.

Great looking bike !

The Sargent looks fine “To me” I like the Racer style.
They may be able to dye it darker in an effort to try and get closer to the color your looking for, but it’s going to be a slippery slope... a little darker, a little more - Too Dark and your FUBAR ;(
( then you could go Black !)

Regardless what any one here says, it’s your bike and You have to be happy with it...

2002 Moto Guzzi California EV 1100 80th Anniversary Model

VIN: ZGUKDBKD62M117809
White Finish.

View attachment 17777
Hi Tex,
sorry to ask, but are you sure it's an 80th?
to my knowledge they were all red pearl paintwork, with Poltrona Frau leather bags/saddle etc. Should have a plate on the bar risers between 1-300. Yes I do have an 80th myself.

Last edited:
Back