• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mandello Chat - H20

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
September 10th, 2021
THE MOTO GUZZI COMMUNITY MERGES WITH THE NEW V100 MANDELLO MOTORCYCLE, DISPLAYED IN AN EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW DURING THE EVENT. STUNNING LINES, CUTTING-EDGE ENGINE AND STATE-OF-THE-ART TECHNOLOGIES INTRODUCE THE MOTO GUZZI BRAND FOR THE NEXT ONE HUNDRED YEARS
The new Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello was displayed during the event, in an exclusive worldwide preview. The motorcycle's stunning lines, cutting-edge engine and state-of-the-art technologies introduce the Moto Guzzi brand for the next one hundred years.
The official presentation of the new motorcycle will take place on 23 November 2021 at the EICMA international motorcycle show in Milan.

For those of you who have not yet seen Bruno dePrato’s story on Guzzi for CW online, you can read it in it’s entirety here; cycleworld.com/story/bikes/dive-into-the-history-of-the-sideways-italian-vee/

26014666 0691 4216 B915 65545BB882FF FB9D9BEC D6C4 403D 8DD9 ED2EFE97FF38

If this is true I'd certainly be interested to know more, specs etc.

Bruno was talking/writing about in 2013 (with an expected launch in 2015)
cycleworld.com/2013/06/04/new-moto-guzzi-liquid-cooled-v-twin-engine-work-in-progress/

Suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Excellent article.
De Tomaso made a beautiful car which has always been on my dream list. It too was not without it's faults. Sounds like his mismanagement came close to killing Moto Guzzi.

We con only hope the Cylinders dont come out looking like coffee percolators !
Please Have the decency to still put some Fins on them !
The fins would still be contributing to Cool ing...:wasntme:

Um - 2015,alright already.
“Work is in progress, but the new liquid-cooled Moto Guzzi powerhouse is expected to be ready no earlier than 2015.”

Some section are quite funny:
“This began De Tomaso’s controversial adventure with the two makes. De Tomaso was no engineer, and supposedly hated engineers due to their understandable practice of criticizing his technical decisions.”

Because he was a Loony ? Perhaps

Last edited:
I love the tease of that new bike, it would definitely help pull new and old riders into the Guzzi fold. Will have to potentially make room for another ride in the apartment parkade :D

If they could pull off something like triumph did with the thruxton, and do internal routing of the coolant passages without having rubber hoses hanging out like the diavel 1260 motor. they could make something very beautiful with that recipe.

Do the Fins look shorter / less depth between them here ?

3Z7OROIGANHIBMXU42NMQ4ZLCI
It looks SO much better with the SAS block off plates that those Elbows.
Sadly there is still going to have to be a Radiator some place...
Maybe out back just ahead of the read wheel with venting using "Diablo" like Elephant Ears ducting Air through that back area ?
( but Very small ears - :talking: )

Last edited:
Sadly there is still going to have to be a Radiator some place...
Maybe out back just ahead of the read wheel with venting using "Diablo" like Elephant Ears ducting Air through that back area ?
( but Very small ears - :talking: )
Or under the seat like John Britten did.

Or under the seat like John Britten did.
I have mixed feelings about such a bike - on the one hand Guzzi has to make bikes that will get through tougher and tougher emissions legislation and I obviously want something to move onto when its time to move on from the 1400, but the main reason I came to it in the first place was the air cooling. Pretty much all my previous bikes have blown hot radiator air at me from about 2 mins into the ride, until I get off. I had to cut short a VFR1200 test ride because of this very reason (the heat and noise from the fan was unbearable) and I don't even live in a hot part of the world.

I can hope but I am not going to hold my breath. Not a fan of water cooling but it is where we are going. However new types of antifreeze are good for 10 years.
kk

Audi did a film in 2009 ish about their move to a diesel Le Mans car called The Truth in 24.
One of the huge differences noted by the drivers was that you could hear so much gear whine now that the engine was much quieter.
A significant part of the motorcycle ride is the change of gears and the sound of that internal combustion engine, the speed and driving would still be there with an Electric vehicle, but there would be a void in the experience...

it would be like driving an Automatic vs. a manual vehicle, some of your your involvement in the drive is missing

Audi did a film in 2009 ish about their move to a diesel Le Mans car called The Truth in 24.
Awesome film, and awesome car. I did "laps" in that car in a high-$ simulator, and it was amazingly good compared to their gas competition. Don't get me wrong, I L.O.V.E. high RPM screams from V12 F1 engines, but I also like the atmospheric inhalation and exhaust note of modern high-HP V8s (Aston, AMG and even the new Hemis), but the diesel was a blast. I can only imagine it in real life.
Since I grew up in/on fully internal combustion, electric is a tough one. That said, I have a fully electric (gas assist) German shoebox to help me skirt L.A. traffic (Carpool/HOV lanes) when I have to move big boxes, and the instant torque is fun, and quick. It does suck to have to plug in everywhere I go though.
I've been fortunate to ride most all of the electric bike offerings ($10k~$65k : luxe.digital/lifestyle/cars/best-electric-motorcycles/), while impressively quick, no engine noise is a challenge, especially in traffic (no loud pipes save lives discussions here). I do see the benefit of populated area off-road riding with them though... no sound, heat or spark for us wildfire prone dwellers. Downside again is battery size and weight. I suspect once that is resolved, the more mainstream they will become... especially to those now riding electric as kids.
We shall see what Guzzi unveils in a few short months.
Oh well, back to work.

I do see the benefit of populated area off-road riding with them though... no sound, heat or spark for us wildfire prone dwellers. Downside again is battery size and weight. I suspect once that is resolved, the more mainstream they will become... especially to those now riding electric as kids.
We shall see what Guzzi unveils in a few short months.
Oh well, back to work.

Really - with the younger generation growing up with Electric Bicycles and "toys" - that One BIG Wheel thing , "Hover boards", Scooters - its all going to be natural for them - Like our Great Grand Parents growing up with those Horseless carriages !

I hope they pull this off before the push for electric vehicles kills the idea. I hated even typing this.....an electric motorcycle has no appeal to me. Thankfully I am old enough that I won't ever have to own one.
Scott
If it doesn't go vroom, vroom, I'm not interested either. The instant full torque would be interesting though.

If it doesn't go vroom, vroom, I'm not interested either. The instant full torque would be interesting though.
They could add a digital vroom, vroom. They will have to do something to ensure it makes enough noise to allow people to be aware of it. If they are smart it will sound like a modernized Guzzi. Not sure what that would sound like, but you get my meaning I am sure. :)

On further thought, they should make it sound like a Tie Fighter. LOL!

They could add a digital vroom, vroom. They will have to do something to ensure it makes enough noise to allow people to be aware of it. If they are smart it will sound like a modernized Guzzi. Not sure what that would sound like, but you get my meaning I am sure. :)

On further thought, they should make it sound like a Tie Fighter. LOL!

Imagine being able to upload whatever sound file you like for the "vroom vroom", that would make for some shenanigans :D

Back