• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TLM Guzzi Tour Cancelled

Meldrew

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just received an email this morning, due to the uncertainty of the pandemic and the booking of hotels etc the tour has been cancelled :cry:. Don't know if the Mandello celebrations are still going ahead, hey ho, maybe for the best till things get back to some semblance of normality.

Just received an email this morning, due to the uncertainty of the pandemic and the booking of hotels etc the tour has been cancelled :cry:. Don't know if the Mandello celebrations are still going ahead, hey ho, maybe for the best till things get back to some semblance of normality.
Ugh. Thanks for posting.

Got this reply from a fellow Guzzisti, things certainly not looking good for the Mandello celebrations think I'm Gonna give it a miss this year till things calm down and plan for next year hopefully, his reply "my other half lives in northern italy around 200 kms from the Guzzi factory i speak with her dailey
in the northern regions of Italy most areas are now under condition ORANGE but 4 and 5 hundred italians are STILL dying daily from Covid regardless of what the press may report ,it is not over most definitely
as in parts of the uk there are plenty of italians wandering around and gathering in groups outside bars restaurants etc without masks those people of course instinctively know they aint going to catch it ,! and make it WORSE for everyone .
Italy is extremely SLOW in vaccinating its population it is only currently that people in the 50 -60 age group are being started to be vaccinated and again many think once they have had that injection they wont get covid! so
MASKS OFF! ,
, untrue that one , vaccination just helps the body's immune system to deal with it you can STILL catch it ,
therefore just like any where else large gatherings of people are going to be frowned on, and not allowed i wouldn't personally start making travel plans for this one in September because again it can all turn RED again in northern in italy by then ,regards ,

Thanks for the info... this is a note from another customer... "I am in London now, Left India just a week before it locked down. In fact I’d left London October 25th 2020, a week before London locked down, so I’ve been lucky. Always flying to a ’non locked down’ place just in time. I will likely only get back to India after the current hullabaloo has blown over. The press reports are MASSIVELY overblown and with a political agenda. I have personally taken many trips on my Guzzis out of the city (Bangalore) and can confirm that 5 KM outside any large or medium-sized town in India there is ZERO Covid. I can send you several videos to this affect as well. Let your friends know."

I don't know what to believe any more. ;)

Not unexpected, but still disappointing. We'll apply for our refunds from TLM and put the money towards an independent trip.

Remaining optimistic, we've just booked an apartment on a 'free cancellation' basis for 3 nights near Valbrona, 15 miles - 1/2 hour from the factory. Understandably, there's no reasonably priced accommodation available in or near Mandello.

Map

As much as I would like to go over, there is still the uncertainty of transiting through the various countries and what is required covid passport/quarantine etc. Some former work colleagues have family in the Mandello area who say that things are still pretty grim but the municipality apparently want to push on with the celebrations. I get the impression that this is more to do with the loss of revenue to the local economy as opposed to the health of attendees. Or is that just me being cynical.

Back