• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V85TT E4/E5 EVO FUEL KIT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Greetings.....brand new V85 TT owner here (actually, I take possession tomorrow). How does one go about accomplishing a "fueling fix" -- as mentioned above?
We have officially stopped selling Rapidbike products due to the hoops and difficulty in relaying our work to our customers. We recently had to refund $200 to a customer that disputed “the map” we sent. We don’t charge for maps, so we lost significant money. The PC allows this in minutes via email. So, we’ve pulled it from our site. We will not offer or sell maps, do not ask.

From here on out, we will only be offering the
UpMap with the (optional) PC6/AT3 add on. The 21+ E5 model requires larger welded-in M18 sensor bungs for AutoTune. Stock is M12. We ship our GTM E5 V85TT Headers with M18 bungs.

This kit helped achieve an honest ~80 rwhp as seen HERE -- using our mandatory SAS Kit also.

Please see our NEWEST options with the UpMap and PC6/AT offerings linked below.

Faisal,
Thanks very much for the reply. I am really enjoying the bike, and I am mostly-okay with keeping it stock initially, but I can really see myself wanting to get rid of that cat converter. I can feel the heat coming off of that thing, and it is right below the engine -- it must be passing some of that heat along to the engine.....plus I live in Southern California (it already gets hot here). While I can see it being tempting to just install a Y-pipe (cat delete), doing so without adjusting fueling might also make the engine run leaner (which can also create heat problems)....assuming I understand things correctly. I don't feel like I have enough knowledge or expertise to make any changes with confidence yet, so i guess I am also just waiting to see what can be developed in the aftermarket. Fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the reply.

Faisal,
Thanks very much for the reply. I am really enjoying the bike, and I am mostly-okay with keeping it stock initially, but I can really see myself wanting to get rid of that cat converter. I can feel the heat coming off of that thing, and it is right below the engine -- it must be passing some of that heat along to the engine.....plus I live in Southern California (it already gets hot here). While I can see it being tempting to just install a Y-pipe (cat delete), doing so without adjusting fueling might also make the engine run leaner (which can also create heat problems)....assuming I understand things correctly. I don't feel like I have enough knowledge or expertise to make any changes with confidence yet, so i guess I am also just waiting to see what can be developed in the aftermarket. Fingers crossed.
Thanks again for the reply.

I feel your pain. I live in Qatar and regularly commute with a motorcycle, even during the Summer, which can get up to 55C (131F) during extreme heat waves, if not more. The cat doesn't help one bit during the hot season. Even during our winter season, which is slightly similar to California weather during the winter, I can feel the heat from the cat, especially during long rides.

Guzzis, along with possibly every other bike / car manufacturer in the world, set up their engines to be very lean during closed loop and very rich during open loop, and changing the exhaust / decating the bike without a proper tune will just make it leaner as you mentioned.

There are many people who have decated the V85TT without proper tuning, but I really don't want to risk it. I would love for that extra dB I would gain from decating the bike as well. But yeah, until Todd announces it, we're stuck.

I truly can't believe the lack of interest in this amazing offering. With the number of V85TT owners I would have thought the posts would pile up quickly.

I truly can't believe the lack of interest in this amazing offering. With the number of V85TT owners I would have thought the posts would pile up quickly.
I'm not. Per above, after ~20 years of proving this technology, both on paper (dyno and air/fuel data) and real world performance (to anyone readying this, see my ride videos in the custom build section), there's still many nay-sayers and "authorities" now that freeware is mainstream, and the two man-children from Oz who make it their job to stomp all over the net and dump on me and this product.
I will again be providing the science and results on what it offers.

Guzzis, along with possibly every other bike / car manufacturer in the world, set up their engines to be very lean during closed loop and very rich during open loop.....
I generally understand the rationale for leaner-running (emissions, etc), but why would any bike be set-up for -- as you say -- very rich running under any circumstances?

I generally understand the rationale for leaner-running (emissions, etc), but why would any bike be set-up for -- as you say -- very rich running under any circumstances?
So that the owner doesn’t blow it up. Remember, these are in large, fuel cooled engines. I state this often. It’s nothing short of miraculous that they run as well as they do (in the test areas) and they offer a warranty at all, considering the emission restrictions.

Todd,
Please let me know if I am asking too many tedious questions, or otherwise cluttering-up this thread.

You mentioned "the test areas" in your previous post. Am I correct that there are certain specific RPM and load conditions under which the bikes are emissions tested -- and thereby the engines are set to run very lean under THOSE conditions?

Conversely, that there are other RPM and load conditions outside of the emissions testing range(s), and that the engines are configured to pour on the fuel (say, during heavy acceleration) in order to protect the engine?

I am just trying to understand.

I have been following along on this thread, hoping to gain more understanding of this kit. I confess that I am not sure how all of this fits together, or what the different pieces do. At the risk of appearing naive (which I am!), I will ask a few questions:

I believe I understand that the Power Commander V (PCV) and Auto-Tune (AT) modules are ADDED to motorcycle -- these integrate along with -- but do not replace -- the stock ECU.....is that correct?

The O2 sensors included in this kit, however, REPLACE the stock O2 sensors in the exhaust headers-- correct?

Does operating this kit -- once installed -- require the end-user to then log into the Dyno-Jet website, download maps, and "flash" those map(s) into the memory of the PCV/AT modules?

If so, what sort of computer is required to do this?

I really don't understand the black box thing. Is that installed on to the motorcycle (like the PCV/AT modules -- under the seat, I would assume?) Is it only attached temporarily to the motorcycle -- say, duct tape to the handlebars -- while initially configuring the PCV/AT and ECM on the fly?..... or is it only connected when the bike is parked?

Lastly, how hard is all of this to install?

I apologize for asking questions which I am guessing seem very basic to most everyone else.

Thanks for any insights.

Finally!!! Just came across this.

So what exactly do I need to make my V85TT run perfectly uncorked like your old rental v7 and v9?

Right now I just have GTM slip on system. Not sure I'd like the bike to be quite as loud as your rentals, but just the slip on GTM muffler leaves something to be desired.

@Paultergeist I'm sure that GTM will have a much better explanation (he's EXTREMELY helpful), but my understanding is that the map on the V85 can't be "modified" per se right now, but unlocking the ECU lets the PCV read the map to make better corrections in real time vs just using a PCV without the unlock.

Thanks for the explanation Todd. I should have the IRS just send my tax refund straight to you for all the needed bits lol. Appreciate all the work you have done to make this available! Will be shopping soon.

Hello again Todd. Do you have a ECU flash available for this bike yet? I see you've go full exhaust options....any dyno numbers? Thanks again. Bedtime here!

Still (impatiently) waiting for my Centenario. I'll planning to keep the fueling and exhaust stock for the near future, but I suspect that by next year I may be looking to do some fiddling. So... you've got some time to sort out the 2021 options :D

__Jason

Great news Todd! No doubt you'll get these things opened up a touch
For sure... words from customer #1... "Hi Todd, I took the V85TT for a long ride yesterday. I put it through all different conditions and it performed amazingly well. The bike is running better than ever. It has super smooth torque all the way through. Much faster. Thanks again, can't wait to get the full system fitted when I get back from Mexico."

This sounds very positive Todd. Does this also require the flasher like the PC/AT solution, or will this $525 purchase cover it all?

I’m not knowledgeable enough to know the trade offs between using wide band O2 sensors like the PC/AT requires vs the OEM narrow band sensors that this one can use. Does it matter? I’m guessing if there’s a benefit to the older solution compared to the new one, it’s far outweighed by the price difference and the fact that the V85 isn’t a race bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back