• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7/85 65hp for 2021

Lol - it is titled “Shlep to work”

More like "Lug your engine to work". I'm sorry... that was painful to watch. I mean... if he likes the bike now, can you imagine how he would feel about it once he actually gets it into the motor's power band? The part that's baffling me, though... he said "14 MPG"? What!?! Either he's running that bike at full WOT all the time whenever off camera, or something is horribly wrong here. LOL!

__Jason

It's what I suspected once I read they are using the same ECU/TB. Why they didn't use the same TB/ECU as the V85TT(?)... Is another question, and one that will forever remain a head-scratcher.
Which means the value or my 820cc pistons are a worthwhile investment to those who own V7s!

Todd is dramatically understating the value of the 820cc pistons for anyone with a V7I-III

I didn't peruse the length of this thread, so I don't know if it was mentioned here previously, but just as a teaser and a point of comparison, with Todd's 820 kit on my '13 V7R, Todd was able to tune my V7 to put down 67 RWHP. Not bad (frickin' incredibly fun!) for an original V7R ;)

IMG 2945 V7R 820 QV Angeles Crest Hwy 041021

Last edited:
Yesterday went by the dealer to schedule the 10k km maintenance and to see in loco the new v7 2021. They only had the special in blue (the one I like the most from the current lineup). The test drive, a stone, was with a magazine reporter, so I couldnt test it.

He said that the power and torque of the new model are not that noticeable when going from a V7 III, and also that the engine is based on the V9 and not the V85TT... :speechless:

Anyway, I liked what I saw. The special in blue is quite appealing.

Got to test drive a v7 2021 while my V7 III was being serviced for the 10k km.

Things I liked about the new V7:
Rear suspension is much more comfortable with more initial travel. Especially on coble stone roads, very noticeable.
It is much easier to find neutral. There is a more defined position "click" between first and second gear.
The extra power is noticeable, although the advertised figures of "25% more power" and more torque made me expect more, I guess... Was not disappointed when I got my V7 III back.

Things I didn't like so much:
First thing I noticed was that it felt heavier, not as sharp turning. And it was running with the tank almost empty (reserve light on), while my V7 had a full tank.
Although the seat is wider and more comfortable, I like the possibility to move around more on mine. I think I will probably have to do something about my seat though, becouse it feels a bit too soft, and I start to feel the seat hard shell for +45 min rides
I rode the stone with led headlight and digital tachometer. Did not liked them both. The analog versions are way better for me.
Was expecting better sound... But is basically the same.

The one I rode and the special that was also there.
20210521 161414 20210521 150621

Got to test drive a v7 2021 while my V7 III was being serviced for the 10k km.

Things I liked about the new V7:
Rear suspension is much more comfortable with more initial travel. Especially on coble stone roads, very noticeable.
It is much easier to find neutral. There is a more defined position "click" between first and second gear.
The extra power is noticeable, although the advertised figures of "25% more power" and more torque made me expect more, I guess... Was not disappointed when I got my V7 III back.

Things I didn't like so much:
First thing I noticed was that it felt heavier, not as sharp turning. And it was running with the tank almost empty (reserve light on), while my V7 had a full tank.
Although the seat is wider and more comfortable, I like the possibility to move around more on mine. I think I will probably have to do something about my seat though, becouse it feels a bit too soft, and I start to feel the seat hard shell for +45 min rides
I rode the stone with led headlight and digital tachometer. Did not liked them both. The analog versions are way better for me.
Was expecting better sound... But is basically the same.

The one I rode and the special that was also there.
View attachment 22190 View attachment 22191
I'm glad I wasn't the only who noticed that it hardly felt any different
The guys at OC Motorcycle in Orange County were not happy when I told them it felt neutered to mine.

Yes, again, my 820cc forged piston kit will likely show better results! I look forward to getting one of these in the shop.

I think he was in the wrong (current MPG) mode.
I agree......something is fundamentally wrong with his estimate. 14-15 MPG......maybe.....if he kept it in first gear only and the engine was continually doing 8K RPMs.......but he was keeping the engine revs low (2-2.5K)......almost makes me wonder if he had a fuel leak.

I agree......something is fundamentally wrong with his estimate. 14-15 MPG......maybe.....if he kept it in first gear only and the engine was continually doing 8K RPMs.......but he was keeping the engine revs low (2-2.5K)......almost makes me wonder if he had a fuel leak.
There is a recall to fix this. I got it done on my 2021 guzzi v7 stone already, only a week after ownership they called me in to get it updated, like 15 minutes and now the mpg reads more accurate. I'll have to check but I'm getting between 50 to 60mpg, keeping it under 5k rpm all the time during break in period. It has rained and stormed everyday here so I haven't got to ride as much as I want, but I love the bike. I have rode the v7 iii and to me the difference I notice motorbike is the v7 iii seems to kick in its torque lower, not that its bad on the 850, it just comes slightly later but still cruises fine between 3 and 5k rpm no problem. Even in 6th. Idk what those reviews are talking about that 6th gear is unusable unless going 80mph, thats nonsense. Mine will pickup speed easy at 40mph in 6th gear, smoothly I might add.

Anyways like and sub my YouTube I'll put some more vids in future when weather clears

Looks to me like V9 owners should be looking for the first set of V85tt heads that they can find. (if they want more power)
i betting that most of the power gains are coming from the bigger valves. I suspect that the cam may be a little different, but I cant confirm.
I bought a Roamer as it had that little extra grunt compared to my 750 Breva for highway riding. The sitting position is similar to my Meriden Triumph 650 , so having had that 38 years the V9 feels good to me .
The small tank has a range of 195 UK miles 65 -70 per gallon (or per 4.5 litres).
The front forks were undamped and the rear shocks were like rock, so they were changed. Matris front fork internals and rear Hagon Nitros have transformed the handling on bumpy, twisty, country lanes .
I just returned from Ireland 6 hours riding from Liverpool and I am fresh as a daisy.
So I have a Guzzi that has all the thumping charm of a Guzzi , providing a calming ride , when ever I need to go short or long distances . It can be hurried along , but is in its element when cruising. If I want to relive my 20s I have a Ducati in the garage !
The thing with riding bikes is that everyone has a personal tick list that works for them , and for me and a select band of riders the V9 Roamer ticks those boxes.

I bought a Roamer as it had that little extra grunt compared to my 750 Breva for highway riding. The sitting position is similar to my Meriden Triumph 650 , so having had that 38 years the V9 feels good to me .
Hi Tim, congrats on the V9, and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia.
Love to get your info on your V9 for the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v9-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.16400/

Post often, and be sure to check out our online STORE linked above.

Back