• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V85TT E4/E5 EVO FUEL KIT INFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this also require the flasher like the PC/AT solution, or will this $525 purchase cover it all? I’m not knowledgeable enough to know the trade offs between using wide band O2 sensors like the PC/AT requires vs the OEM narrow band sensors that this one can use. Does it matter? I’m guessing if there’s a benefit to the older solution compared to the new one, it’s far outweighed by the price difference and the fact that the V85 isn’t a race bike.
$525 covers it all. I'll go further into detail next week when we install the next kit and start developing base fuel maps for all intake/exhaust combos. As noted on the first post of this thread (and now below), the stock lambdas are used for mild corrections on the (entire) base map with this system, as they are a touch more dynamic than the ones used on the V7/9s. Time will tell, but so far I'm liking what I see and how it works. The company has a solid track record as a whole, but the older versions of this system were not good. I bought one to test, and it caused running issues. As noted in the first post, and now below again...

Rapid Bike EVO add-on module gives you total control of fueling operations. The plug-n-play harness is directly connected to all stock injectors, and gives you the ability to manage stock lambda sensor signals to allow the exclusive auto-adaptive feature, providing constant real-time adjusting AFR while riding the bike. For twin cylinder engines equipped with double lambda sensors, it allows dual injection maps as well as an auto-correction for each cylinder. The EVO kit also allows ignition table adjustments, and supports a quick shifter sensor (optional), multiple map management, and raising the RPM limiter.

Just re-read the first post, as I see that the information is being updated. I am very interested in this corrected fuel mapping. Fortunately, I have a '20 V85, so I am still in the game with this current development. Depending upon difficulty of install, I may need to bring my bike up to Malibu. Staying tuned to this channel......

Fortunately, I have a '20 V85, so I am still in the game with this current development. Depending upon difficulty of install, I may need to bring my bike up to Malibu. Staying tuned to this channel......
Good thanks, and my shop is in Orange, so a little bit of a hike, but about an hour closer for you than Malibu. ;)
Should be finalizing the mapping this week, and I'll post dyno info then.

This is really interesting stuff for me, and I appreciate the data and information provided. I feel like I do have a lot of questions, and I don't want to clutter this thread -- or the forum, for that matter -- with yet another thread. As for myself, I am not really chasing maximum power (although I do not object to a few more ponies) -- mainly, I am trying to bring the bike into optimal tune, increase reliability, and help it run cooler. Here, then, are a few questions, and I'll try to be concise and focused:

1. The cat, the fuel management, and the SAS all seem to interact with each other to varying degrees. Am I correct that it makes sense to add the Y-pipe (cat delete), EVO fuel correction module, and SAS delete all at the same time?

2. Assuming "yes" to above, is this a reasonable DIY-level project for an average individual with moderate mechanical skills, or is this something best left to the pros to install?

3. Assuming I stay with the stock muffler, is there a general perspective as to how much louder (than stock) the bike will be with the Y-pipe (cat delete)? (Note: I leave for work early, and I want to be considerate of the neighbors, so I am trying to keep the noise reined in. Making the bike too loud to start up in the morning is a pitfall I really want to avoid).

4. From an "adventure bike" perspective, removing the airbag lid seems a bit curious to me. Any issues with dirt / water getting into the no-lid airbag? Any increase in noise with the airbag lid removed?

I hope that is not too many questions. I am sincerely interested; just trying to understand the key parameters. Thanks much.

Interested. I am electronically challenged, however, so steep learning curve here.
I'll be taking most of the hard work out of the equation for everyone. This will essentially be (and quite literally) a supplied wiring harness with step-by-step instruction install, and that's it; Install, start and go.

This is really interesting stuff for me, and I appreciate the data and information provided.
1. The cat, the fuel management, and the SAS all seem to interact with each other to varying degrees. Am I correct that it makes sense to add the Y-pipe (cat delete), EVO fuel correction module, and SAS delete all at the same time?
2. Assuming "yes" to above, is this a reasonable DIY-level project for an average individual with moderate mechanical skills, or is this something best left to the pros to install?
3. Assuming I stay with the stock muffler, is there a general perspective as to how much louder (than stock) the bike will be with the Y-pipe (cat delete)? (Note: I leave for work early, and I want to be considerate of the neighbors, so I am trying to keep the noise reined in. Making the bike too loud to start up in the morning is a pitfall I really want to avoid).
4. From an "adventure bike" perspective, removing the airbag lid seems a bit curious to me. Any issues with dirt / water getting into the no-lid airbag? Any increase in noise with the airbag lid removed?
Welcome.
1. Yes they do, yes it does.
2. Yes it is, per my post above, it's simple follow the instructions wiring harness intercept of stock sensors. I will send it preloaded with a map. While you can download the program to interact with it, it will not necessarily be needed.
3. Y-pipe only with stock muffler is just a touch deeper, not much more DBs.
4. Air box lid mod is only for those who want all out power. Here in SoCal, the V85TT needs it on the freeways. If you're an around town rider and fun trails, etc, that part of the mod isn't necessarily needed (though I will verify with partial dyno runs to document). The air box is buried under everything, so unless you'll be riding your bike in seat-deep water (highly NOT recommended), it will be a non issue.

....Air box lid mod is only for those who want all out power. Here in SoCal, the V85TT needs it on the freeways. If you're an around town rider and fun trails, etc, that part of the mod isn't necessarily needed (though I will verify with partial dyno runs to document). The air box is buried under everything, so unless you'll be riding your bike in seat-deep water (highly NOT recommended), it will be a non issue.
Thank you for the thoughtful reply.

I am not adamant about keeping the air-box lid in place, I am simply operating off my first-impression, and trying to plan for reliability. I AM open to leaving the lid off and going with the GTM filter element if that makes the most amount of sense. I'll stand by and see how things look / what is recommended once you have the fuel maps dialed-in.

In addition to the cat delete, fuel correction module, and SAS delete, the only other thing I can think of (from my reading) that might effect the running and be a consideration for the fuel mapping is the evap canister. I realize that the evap canister system is failure-prone (and I'll probably eliminate it eventually), but is it necessary for the evap can to be considered at the time of ordering the fuel correction module? (I am trying to think of all the things to convey so that the module can be ordered pre-loaded with the appropriate map.....unless I chicken-out and just bring the bike to you for the whole process)

In addition to the cat delete, fuel correction module, and SAS delete, the only other thing I can think of (from my reading) that might effect the running and be a consideration for the fuel mapping is the evap canister. I realize that the evap canister system is failure-prone (and I'll probably eliminate it eventually), but is it necessary for the evap can to be considered at the time of ordering the fuel correction module? (I am trying to think of all the things to convey so that the module can be ordered pre-loaded with the appropriate map.....unless I chicken-out and just bring the bike to you for the whole process)
Very good, and I've posted several dyno graphs on this thread; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...st-now-with-dyno-run.19804/page-5#post-172534 -- yes, the evap (intake leak) along with the SAS kit is paramount for corrected fueling via the RB EVO kit.

@GTM® Todd, you might want to update the store listing for the RB EVO to clarify that it is for 19/20 pre-E5 bikes only for now. I could imagine that might be a source of confusion for folks getting E5 bikes that might not realize they have different ECUs.

__Jason

@GTM® Todd, you might want to update the store listing for the RB EVO to clarify that it is for 19/20 pre-E5 bikes only for now. I could imagine that might be a source of confusion for folks getting E5 bikes that might not realize they have different ECUs. __Jason
Done, thanks for the note.

Hey Todd - how are the maps coming? Are you still tweaking the partial throttle portions? Looking forward to seeing that Dyno too!
Coming along slowly, but good. I just delivered the first of the Mistral header, Ago Y & muffler bike today. See post below!
I need a few more days with the full GTM system to show everything here... but we're REALLY close to being able to ship.

My bike was used as one of the beta-testers for this project and I believe some of the numbers posted were measured off my bike. Today is my first day with it, post-tuning.

The moment I took off from GTM's shop, the difference was immediately felt. Obviously the bump in HP/TQ was nice, but most importantly, the improvement in the throttle response and power curve, especially in the low and mid-range, was the most impressive. My right hand feels so much more connected to the rear wheel. In stock form, 0-60MPH was no slug, but certainly gets up to speed much faster. But where the most notable improvement was 40-100MPH roll-on power. I always felt the bike was a tad sluggish and really had to plan for overtakes. Not anymore. Roll-on power is now immediate and having that extra mid-range boost really helps get the bike up to highway speeds with ease. RB Evo won't turn your V85TT into a superbike, nor do you want it to. What it will provide is a better mapping that increased the overall rideability, performance and enjoyment of a already fantastic motorcycle.

I also wanted to say that is not a paid endorsement, as I paid for this like anyone else would have. Just calling it out as I see it.

Coming along slowly, but good. I just delivered the first of the Mistral header, Ago Y & muffler bike today. See post below!
I need a few more days with the full GTM system to show everything here... but we're REALLY close to being able to ship.
Great to hear Todd! For those of us who are running a partial system, do you need our information regarding what we are running similar to the info that was needed for the FT?

My bike was used as one of the beta-testers for this project and I believe some of the numbers posted above were measured off my bike. Today is my first day with it, post-tuning.

The moment I took off from GTM's shop, the difference was immediately felt. Obviously the bump in HP/TQ was nice, but most importantly, the improvement in the throttle response and power curve, especially in the low and mid-range, was the most impressive. My right hand feels so much more connected to the rear wheel. In stock form, 0-60MPH was no slug, but certainly gets up to speed much faster. But where the most notable improvement was 40-100MPH roll-on power. I always felt the bike was a tad sluggish and really had to plan for overtakes. Not anymore. Roll-on power is now immediate and having that extra mid-range boost really helps get the bike up to highway speeds with ease. RB Evo won't turn your V85TT into a superbike, nor do you want it to. What it will provide is a better mapping that increased the overall rideability, performance and enjoyment of a already fantastic motorcycle.

I also wanted to say that is not a paid endorsement, as I paid for this like anyone else would have. Just calling it out as I see it.
Really happy to hear this! I’m looking forward to getting the EVO installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back