• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Agostini Mandello del Lario

JasonC

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hello,

I have an Agostini exhaust system and the mufflers have significant dings in them from as a result of damage that occurred when shipping the bike from California to Florida; see pic. The ding is in the outer skin so I was wondering if I can purchase a replacement skin? It appears that the outer skin is merely riveted in place with stainless steel pop-rivets, so replacing the damaged part with a new skin should be easy---if I can find a replacement skin.

Jason

Agostini

I have an Agostini exhaust system and the mufflers have significant dings in them from as a result of damage that occurred when shipping the bike from California to Florida; see pic. The ding is in the outer skin so I was wondering if I can purchase a replacement skin? It appears that the outer skin is merely riveted in place with stainless steel pop-rivets, so replacing the damaged part with a new skin should be easy---if I can find a replacement skin.
Jason, I’ve never seen where parts are available, but I’ll inquire for you. Next they will crack at the hanger mount too.

Jason, I’ve never seen where parts are available, but I’ll inquire for you. Next they will crack at the hanger mount too.

Thank you for checking on this part for me. So do the mufflers crack at the weld, or at the 90-degree bend in the bracket? Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?

Jason

I'm suggesting:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: that they might have a store on this site where you can buy parts and they might have some tailpipes:cool::cool::cool:. Not to be a smartbritches, as I feel for your pain but Todds products are great and he stands by his sales.

Thank you for checking on this part for me. So do the mufflers crack at the weld, or at the 90-degree bend in the bracket? Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?
Welcome.
Both. I'm a Agostini dealer, but often put the disclaimer on it when asked that most of the Euro brand systems are more cosmetic than durable. Sure they look pretty, but if you ride far and often, they won't survive. Also, you'll hardly ever see a dyno chart on them, nor (IMO) do they sound all that great... unless of course compared to stock, which doesn't take much.
I have splattered all over the site, best I can (frustratingly so), including in my signature, and the big red paragraphs at the top of the page that I have built a large inventory of products to sell on the GuzziTech MotoCycles STORE (link at the top of the page) that I have personally bought/tested and feel comfortable selling, when I tired of buying ALL of the others aftermarket exhaust products and had them fail again and again and again, even after repaired; So I built my own, to perform well (dyno-tested), sound awesome, and offer a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship, and we can often affordably repair crash damaged parts since they're 100% made in house.
I'll give you some help on this one; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust/model_v7-c-s?sort_by=best-selling

I'm suggesting:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: that they might have a store on this site where you can buy parts and they might have some tailpipes:cool::cool::cool:. Not to be a smartbritches, as I feel for your pain but Todds products are great and he stands by his sales.

Thank you.

I'm fully aware that Todd has a parts store on this site. I'm also fully aware that he has Agostini exhaust systems for sale on this site. But I didn't know if Agostini muffler components were available for sale--hence my question.

Jason

Welcome.
Both. I'm a Agostini dealer, but often put the disclaimer on it when asked that most of the Euro brand systems are more cosmetic than durable. Sure they look pretty, but if you ride far and often, they won't survive. Also, you'll hardly ever see a dyno chart on them, nor (IMO) do they sound all that great... unless of course compared to stock, which doesn't take much.
I have splattered all over the site, best I can (frustratingly so), including in my signature, and the big red paragraphs at the top of the page that I have built a large inventory of products to sell on the GuzziTech MotoCycles STORE (link at the top of the page) that I have personally bought/tested and feel comfortable selling, when I tired of buying ALL of the others aftermarket exhaust products and had them fail again and again and again, even after repaired; So I built my own, to perform well (dyno-tested), sound awesome, and offer a lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship, and we can often affordably repair crash damaged parts since they're 100% made in house.
I'll give you some help on this one; https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/exhaust/model_v7-c-s?sort_by=best-selling

I am aware that you "splattered" products-for-sale all over this site and in fact I perused your "store" prior to my initial post and noticed Agostini exhausts. However, I could not determine if Agostini muffler components were available for purchase. This may sound unreasonable to you and Brian, but I would like to fix what I have now, if possible, before buying a new exhaust system.

So, if in fact you are able to sell replacement muffler skins, I am certainly eager to explore that option first.

Thank you,

Jason

I am aware that you "splattered" products-for-sale all over this site and in fact I perused your "store" prior to my initial post and noticed Agostini exhausts. However, I could not determine if Agostini muffler components were available for purchase. This may sound unreasonable to you and Brian, but I would like to fix what I have now, if possible, before buying a new exhaust system.
OK, thought so, but they you lost me and Brian with your line above "Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?"
Again I'll state that I've never seen Agostini offer parts outside of maybe the db-killers... but I'll let you know via direct email once I hear back from them.

OK, thought so, but they you lost me and Brian with your line above "Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?"
Again I'll state that I've never seen Agostini offer parts outside of maybe the db-killers... but I'll let you know via direct email once I hear back from them.
Great, thanks again!
Jason

I'm not trying to be rude by not responding, I don't fully understand what you are asking.
You said "Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?" - both Brian and I replied. You didn't. The link we both gave shows my own GTM offerings, which answer your question.

You said "Is there a durable muffler available, and if so, what is it?" - both Brian and I replied. You didn't. The link we both gave shows my own GTM offerings, which answer your question.

Ok, got it! I guess what confused me was that the "durable muffler link" contained both Agostini and GTM exhausts. I guess I should have known that Agostini muffler in the link should be excluded from the durability class.

Jason

Ok, got it! I guess what confused me was that the "durable muffler link" contained both Agostini and GTM exhausts. I guess I should have known that Agostini muffler in the link should be excluded from the durability class.
OK, good, yes... correct. I almost hid the Agostini from the link.

...but I would like to fix what I have now, if possible, before buying a new exhaust system.

Thank you,

Jason

I can respect that. I try to repair before I replace as well for environmental and financial reasons lol! That said, I can also vouch for Todd's products if you do decide to go down that route. The stingers he made me not only turn heads on the street, but at the dealership too! They're wonderful quality, the fit and finish are great :) Good luck to you either way!

Back