• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

California 1400 Reliabilty Opinions?

I have YET to see a Moto Guzzi on the road...

Random chance.

I live in BFE Ohio, and last year, my best friend (who also owns a Stelvio NXT like me), and I were riding down to Hillbilly Hotdogs in West Virginia and stopped in another podunk Ohio town along the way to get gas and contribute to their local reclamation water supply.

As we were outside standing next to our motoorcycles, across the street at the other gas station, out pulled another Stelvio, and a Breva 1100. 4 Moto Guzzis' in BFE Ohio, all converging at the same place at the same time, by pure chance.

Go figure...

I even ran into this V7 at a rest stop in Indiana when I was bringing my 1200 Sport home after buying it in MO.

I see Moto Guzzis all the time and I’m in Ohio!

EBA5864F E1F7 4808 B27D 09C9B8D488D4

I know there MUST be some Guzzi's around someplace,but all I can tell you guys is,I live in New England and frequently travel the upper four N.E. States [Ma.where I live] ,NH., Maine,and Vermont] but have yet to see even one Guzzi on the road.And then,there is a Guzzi dealership in N.H.not too far away from where I live.Maybe I'm blind,I don't know,but to date,I haven't seen one on the road during my travels thru those four States.:mm:

Yup!! Believe it or not,there is some real pretty country in northern New England,especially in the mountains in the fall when the leaves turn color.Of course,ya wouldn't wanna be riding around up there in the winter months,unless you have skis on your scooter!! lol

Highway 25(c) is a true motorcycle ride , used it many times on our way to Laconia .
Always enjoyed motorcycling through that part of the states , and yes the mountains
were definitely part of the pleasure . Peter

Highway 25(c) is a true motorcycle ride , used it many times on our way to Laconia .
Always enjoyed motorcycling through that part of the states , and yes the mountains
were definitely part of the pleasure . Peter
Been going there for the past 25years..on the Kanc this year..the 1400 needs a new rear tire. Rode the GW.
There was a MG rally in Keene...would have went if i had it.. 3309312

I know there MUST be some Guzzi's around someplace,but all I can tell you guys is,I live in New England and frequently travel the upper four N.E. States [Ma.where I live] ,NH., Maine,and Vermont] but have yet to see even one Guzzi on the road.And then,there is a Guzzi dealership in N.H.not too far away from where I live.Maybe I'm blind,I don't know,but to date,I haven't seen one on the road during my travels thru those four States.:mm:

I went to Seacoast Motorsports in Derry while at Bike Week.
Nice shop!
Only a 93 mile ride from where we stay in Lincoln.

Seacoast in Derry was one of the first places I went to to look at and road test a Guzzi a number of years ago. And I've been thru Lincoln many MANY times over the years on two wheeler and have stopped at Clarks' Trading Post for their big train ride,lol,their ice cream parlor,and to check out his bears.Nice place!!! Dave!!!

Been going there for the past 25years..on the Kanc this year..the 1400 needs a new rear tire. Rode the GW.
There was a MG rally in Keene...would have went if i had it..View attachment 22573

Yup!! I too have traveled over the Kank,Bear Notch road.Rte.302,the road to the top of Mount Washington, Rte.25 and Rte.153 in both directions,which in itself,is a pretty nice ride ,both up and or back from where I live, and have been running these roads for the past 50 some odd years of my life,not to mention Laconia on Fathers' Day weekend, and have ENJOYED doing it EVERY SINGLE TIME.Over the past 50 years mounted on two wheeler,I have accumulated atleast a million miles and hope I will STILL be doing it for the next 50 years.lol I know it's wish full thinking on my part,but I can dream, can't I ?? lol lol Dave!!!

I've been reading many of the historical posts on this thread and it seems to have strayed from the original topic. I bought my first Moto Guzzi, a 2017 California Touring model, a few weeks ago. It had 737 miles on it, and when I got it home I was upset about an oil drip under it, which turned out to be an over-filled crankcase (I hope). I bought a magnetic tank bag (which I hate), put my tool roll in one of the bags, and rode on a 1,215 mile trip to west Texas and eastern New Mexico. I rode a variety of roads, including 26 miles of gravel ranch road that was more like a creek bed in some stretches. I varied speeds from 25mph on the ranch road to 85 on the interstate, but mostly rode around 65mph on two-lane farm to market roads (my favorites). Ambient temps ranged from 72 degrees to 104 degrees. And I rode two hours in heavy rain. I realize this isn't marathon mileage, but I didn't have any problems with my new California 1400. The cruise worked great. The seat is comfortable. The wind protection is acceptable. Handling is surprising. Average fuel consumption was 42mpg. I'm very happy with it so far!

I've been reading many of the historical posts on this thread and it seems to have strayed from the original topic. I bought my first Moto Guzzi, a 2017 California Touring model, a few weeks ago. It had 737 miles on it, and when I got it home I was upset about an oil drip under it, which turned out to be an over-filled crankcase (I hope). I bought a magnetic tank bag (which I hate), put my tool roll in one of the bags, and rode on a 1,215 mile trip to west Texas and eastern New Mexico. I rode a variety of roads, including 26 miles of gravel ranch road that was more like a creek bed in some stretches. I varied speeds from 25mph on the ranch road to 85 on the interstate, but mostly rode around 65mph on two-lane farm to market roads (my favorites). Ambient temps ranged from 72 degrees to 104 degrees. And I rode two hours in heavy rain. I realize this isn't marathon mileage, but I didn't have any problems with my new California 1400. The cruise worked great. The seat is comfortable. The wind protection is acceptable. Handling is surprising. Average fuel consumption was 42mpg. I'm very happy with it so far!

Welcome to the club.

As is with everything on the internet, you only usually see complaints and bitching. Nobody ever writes how perfectly normal everything is with their whatever…

Back