• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 NTX sudden loss of performance, burning plastic smell

Thanks everyone for all the input, especially Todd!

I do want to say that I drove up on Saturday to pick up my bike, and it turns out there is a huge disconnect between the mechanics and the front desk person I was working with.

The quote was for work to be performed, not accounting for the fact the mechanic noticed some incorrect torques on one of the heads from their last servicing when they performed the conversion. That was not to be billed.

They will be taking care of this, but for less than half of what they quoted (I'm supplying the sensors as I've already purchased them).

Whew! I really liked these guys, and I'm glad to find out it was a misunderstanding. They are working to resolve the communications issues. I guess I'm not the only customer who came in hot wanting to take their bike home.

D

... and I'm glad to find out it was a misunderstanding. They are working to resolve the communications issues. I guess I'm not the only customer who came in hot wanting to take their bike home.

D
good reminder for all of us, maybe. best to assume the best, rather than the worst?

I remember when I was quite young, working the front desk at a motorbike shop, and having a similar experience... it turns out the 'workshop' part of the business essentially 'billed' the sales part, and for various reasons all hours had to be accounted for, even those not being charged for. this of course was not clear to poor me, working the counter, confronted with a customer quite angry at his $2k bill for his kid's $750 mini bike. :)

good reminder for all of us, maybe. best to assume the best, rather than the worst?

Respectfully, this wasn't "assuming the worst". This was taking the data provided to me to make a decision. Upon the execution of that decision, more information became available to determine there was misinformation, and the new information provided details a flaw in their quoting process.

I didn't walk in there mad or emotional. I walked in to pick up my bike purely because the price they wanted to charge me (as was quoted to me) was too expensive. I commend the guy I spoke to for looking deeper into what he believed sounded inaccurate (which only he or other members of the shop would know, not me), as he kept my business.

D

Respectfully, this wasn't "assuming the worst". This was taking the data provided to me to make a decision. Upon the execution of that decision, more information became available to determine there was misinformation, and the new information provided details a flaw in their quoting process.

I didn't walk in there mad or emotional. I walked in to pick up my bike purely because the price they wanted to charge me (as was quoted to me) was too expensive. I commend the guy I spoke to for looking deeper into what he believed sounded inaccurate (which only he or other members of the shop would know, not me), as he kept my business.

D
I wasn't talking about you specifically, just musing generally. hence the '?'

Back