• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cafe' cruiser d' Eleganse

Skip Stauber

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
This is my interpretation of a Cal 14 Custom, race inspired with a touch of bold elegance. What started out as just a winter project has dragged into the summer a little, but that's OK I'm riding it now and enjoying every minute. Mechanical's, body fabrication, and painting are all the things I achieved in my garage while hibernating from this pandemic. Just wanted to share the creative possibility's that people on this forum posses and encourage others to be creative also, whether a little or a lot. Enjoy and let me know what you think. I have another project in the works and appreciate any input. SKIP

FR 02 333 444 555 666 777 222 Low front right Right side straight

This is my interpretation of a Cal 14 Custom, race inspired with a touch of bold elegance.
Looking good! Well done. MGX fairing basis, nice... My eyes want to see the rest of the chrome delete. Injector covers, valve covers, exhaust, handlebars, front turns and fork lowers... but that's me. Really nice job.

Excellent! Very well done.

I too, like the MGX-21fairing reshaping. Looks really sharp!

I like your pinstripes and the oil cooler lettering is truly creative and unique. Very tasty indeed! Congratulations and enjoy it!

You are in my general neck of the woods (You-Upper Peninsula, Me-below Toledo) so perhaps we will cross paths and I’ll see it in person someday on the road.

Last edited:
Looking good! Well done. MGX fairing basis, nice... My eyes want to see the rest of the chrome delete. Injector covers, valve covers, exhaust, handlebars, front turns and fork lowers... but that's me. Really nice job.
Thanks you Todd, and I appreciate your input. I thought about that also, but than we'd be going to the Dark Side looking at an Audace.

Excellent! Very well done.

I too, like the MGX-21fairing reshaping. Looks really sharp!

I like your pinstripes and the oil cooler lettering is truly creative and unique. Very tasty indeed! Congratulations and enjoy it!

You are in my general neck of the woods (You-Upper Peninsula, Me-below Toledo) so perhaps we will cross paths and I’ll see it in person someday on the road.
Thanks Scott, You have keen eyes, not to many catch what it says. You never know I get around, picked the bike up at Mid-Ohio Motorsports in Mt. Vernon

Looks very good !
Not being farmiliar with what you started out with I don’t know what you changed ?
So it all looks Factory to me other than the stripes !
Thanks DeadEye, Factory look works for me. Shortened and gutted exhaust, added 1/4 faring, seat cowling, hand guards, and oil cooler scoop, and all hand crafted. Than I painted GM black metallic with four heavy layers of clear coat so you can't feel the stripes and gives a deep glossy look.

I have to concur that I am not a fan of the “black out” look. It’s ugly to my eyes, destroys all the lines of a motorcycle that are supposed to be appealing, and is so Harley Davidson from 20 years ago that it just leaves me flat and uninterested.

I really like what Skip has done with accent color stripes, tasteful chrome and metal bits, and the spoiler with lettering.

Please do not turn it into another butt ugly, all black, Harley wannabe. Hell, they are still making butt ugly black for 2021 like this turd.

0E4E06D5 0401 413A 9AC8 8F760DFAC943

Even my old Street Glide with black and chrome, turned out to be just too damn black for my tastes and always left me with sore eyes from looking at it, so I punted her.

4D18801D 8642 4344 9B8C 3F55AF769237

Skip’s motorcycle looks very sharp the way he has done it! No more black.

(My 2 cents worth…)

Last edited:
Thank goodness you kept the chrome ! All black is soooo yesterday :) . Peter
Thanks Pete, I think You and Scott are absolutely right, all that black and flat black is a dated look that I never really did care for. During the build I would use black construction paper and poster paint to try and find the right balance of contrast. I think what I ended up with presents itself well. Also, its good that we all think a little bit different. Again Thank You All SKIP

Last edited:
That whole all blacked out thing looks to my eye, like they just took the paint gun and swept it side to side the entire length of the motorcycle. It's ugly and boring and screams to me, "Cheap Cheap Cheap" because good paint jobs, and lovely metal finishes are expensive to produce. The same with beautiful pin stripping.

Skip, it is probably well known that I am the King of Stock motorcycles. I usually love them exactly as the factory built them.

However, as I said, yours is the tastiest one I have ever seen and I think your sense of style actually IMPROVED the looks of the 1400, which never really excited me much, but I would be proud to own your creation in my stable. I find it very handsome.

I think you knocked it out of the park!

Cheers.

That whole all blacked out thing looks to my eye, like they just took the paint gun and swept it side to side the entire length of the motorcycle. It's ugly and boring and screams to me, "Cheap Cheap Cheap" because good paint jobs, and lovely metal finishes are expensive to produce. The same with beautiful pin stripping.

Skip, it is probably well known that I am the King of Stock motorcycles. I usually love them exactly as the factory built them.

However, as I said, yours is the tastiest one I have ever seen and I think your sense of style actually IMPROVED the looks of the 1400, which never really excited me much, but I would be proud to own your creation in my stable. I find it very handsome.

I think you knocked it out of the park!

Cheers.
WOW... Scott, you were very generous with your words and I thank you for that. I'm with you, especially with cars, I absolutely love the stock Hi/Po cars of the sixties and seventies. Have a fantastic day. SKIP

Back