• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
ey where can I actually get parts at for the new 2021 v7 850 stone? I can't find nothing on search engine.
What exactly are you looking for?
Per my prior post, plan is to get one of these in house to start R&D. For sure I know the rear shocks will not work. I just confirmed the forks are the same, so the fork kit listings there will work.
Fueling fixes will only be once I have one in house on the dyno.

I bought an OEM "touring" windscreen for my new V7 Stone E5 directly from Pogliani Shop in Italy. Part number 2S001568. Cost me $230.99 including shipping. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Also, the parts book for this bike, part GU214, is now out. I downloaded it from another well-known MG vendor. It's immensely valuable for determining which parts are carried over from the V7III.

I bought an OEM "touring" windscreen for my new V7 Stone E5 directly from Pogliani Shop in Italy. Part number 2S001568. Cost me $230.99 including shipping. Took about 2 weeks to arrive.

Also, the parts book for this bike, part GU214, is now out. I downloaded it from another well-known MG vendor. It's immensely valuable for determining which parts are carried over from the V7III.
I ordered me a windscreen for bike already cant wait for it to come in

Attachments

• david.jpeg
    david.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 55
Is there agostini slip on available yet? Will be looking for sissy bar with luggage rack for sure in future. Will be looking for a tune as well. This bike is a keeper to me.
I have a note in to them. As of now, they are not showing any, however they are made by Mistral, so likely soon coming. I can get and sell Mistral as well, but I am not a fan of their quality and fit/finish, nor often of the sound or power.

I have a note in to them. As of now, they are not showing any, however they are made by Mistral, so likely soon coming. I can get and sell Mistral as well, but I am not a fan of their quality and fit/finish, nor often of the sound or power.
Yeah I think the mistral slip ons sound alright, but the agostini way better. I was wanting a set of those or something that sounds equally as impressive, looks good, fits the bikes style.

Is there agostini slip on available yet? Will be looking for sissy bar with luggage rack for sure in future. Will be looking for a tune as well. This bike is a keeper to me.

Seems like it. There's a youtube video - search:
V7 850 E5 Agostini silencers

IMO it sounds better than the Mistral and looks better. Not sure how to buy these.

Out of curiosity, the description notes a remapping. I am assuming this is done using guzzidiag? and does the current software support ECU_MIU-G4 (V7 850 E5 uses the G4, and not the G3)

Here's video with some exhaust sounds of motiv cycle works slip on exhaust. Its a very free flowing exhaust and will not work with stock ecu fueling. But once tune becomes available hope to have much better running bike and sounding than stock.

Here's a video with my crappy pixel 3a that won't let me record videos in landscape. I'll take another video with the wife's new iphone sometime tomorrow.

This is not the same bike that I bought a few months ago. This is a completely different experience. Better performance , 1st, 2nd gear are meatier. The bike is not running hot anymore. The sound is just perfect. Not too loud not too quiet. DB killers are on. It truly transformed the bike. And it's not struggling to turnover in the heat anymore.

Last edited:

Here's a video with my crappy pixel 3a that won't let me record videos in landscape. I'll take another video with the wife's new iphone sometime tomorrow.

This is not the same bike that I bought a few months ago. This is a completely different experience. Better performance , 1st, 2nd gear are meatier. The bike is not running hot anymore. The sound is just perfect. Not too loud not too quiet. DB killers are on. It truly transformed the bike. And it's not struggling to turnover in the heat anymore.

Do you got a tune?

Nope. Not required.
Exhausting (no pun intended). So that we keep this on factual track, as I've said now for 2 decades, a bone stock bike can be made to run better, so any mods have a greater need. Best not to state "feel" as a basis of what the motor needs. I can promise you it needs a revised map based on air/fuel data. Read the Reviews here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool - read it and believe the 58 reviews (or not.)

Do you got a tune?

Nope. Not required.

There is a different between:

The fact that the bike Will still run, without making any changes to the fuel maps, after Changing out the exhaust for a cat less - track only exhaust
Vs.
Making changes to the fuel map to deal with the “Fact”that more air will be flowing out through the system after some changes are made to the system since it left the factory !

Even my big single Honda - when put on the dynomometer by a qualified tuner needed a significant change in its carberated jetting to keep it from running too lean after changes were made to its exhaust ...

Last edited:
Back