• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Pump Fitting Fix

Chris J. Haasbroek

Just got it firing!
I think we know why it was for sale unfortunately.

Some idiot with a screwdriver forced it apart breaking it and then hid it.

No photo needed. It’s toast. Sorry to give you the news.

I found the perfect solution after many hours of searching the web and all Moto Guzzi models fuel supply parts listings.

Breva 1100 part GU01106692 purchased from MSP Netherlands - cost only EUR8.85 compared to new Stelvio fuel pump at EUR765!

I gently and very carefully removed the grey locking mechanism from the main body of the black tube/pipe connector and it was a perfect fit on the Stelvio. The yellow o-ring inside the tube/pipe below the locking mechanism also a perfect fit.

Happy Days in Johannesburg!

Photo 2021 10 15 15 55 19 Photo 2021 10 16 06 20 30

Excellent !
Good job tracking down the parts !

I’m still nervous about disconnecting that fitting, to replace the fuel filter.
Maybe I should take a trip to the junk yard and get some practice !

Ok - after watching Scott’s two videos, I understand how to disconnect the fuel line, I just have to practice doing it blind.
The V7 isn’t quite so accessible.

Last edited:
I found the perfect solution after many hours of searching the web and all Moto Guzzi models fuel supply parts listings.

Breva 1100 part GU01106692 purchased from MSP Netherlands - cost only EUR8.85 compared to new Stelvio fuel pump at EUR765!

I gently and very carefully removed the grey locking mechanism from the main body of the black tube/pipe connector and it was a perfect fit on the Stelvio. The yellow o-ring inside the tube/pipe below the locking mechanism also a perfect fit.

Happy Days in Johannesburg!

OUTSTANDING DETECTIVE WORK!

Thank you! :clap: :) :clap:

Last edited:
when i did the roller conversion on my early ntx i did away with the hole lot and renewed with my own metal connectors and fuel lines , i just left the tank connecter in place.
I wish now i'd taken some pics ..... but next time i have the tank off i will .
But a good find that !.... couldn't find anything when i tried which is why i renewed it all .

I have my Stelvio apart and the tank unbolted, still connected to the bike by the quick-disconnect (what a cruel misuse of words) in the fuel line.

The fuel lines are the stock plastic lines "shrink-fitted" onto the connectors at the back of the quick-disconnect, at the tee, and at the injectors.

Can I simply use a razor and carefully cut those plastic lines off of the connectors, take the tank off so that I can change the fuel filter, and probably the in-tank fuel lines that are 12 years old ... and when I put it back together, just use high-quality Gates fuel injector lines and standard FI clamps down to the injector inlets? Maybe when I have the tank off and upside down on the bench to get at the filter, I can worry the quick-disconnect carefully apart and maybe replace it with a metal one or leave it be.

What does the panel of experts say?

Lannis

I have my Stelvio apart and the tank unbolted, still connected to the bike by the quick-disconnect (what a cruel misuse of words) in the fuel line.

The fuel lines are the stock plastic lines "shrink-fitted" onto the connectors at the back of the quick-disconnect, at the tee, and at the injectors.

Can I simply use a razor and carefully cut those plastic lines off of the connectors, take the tank off so that I can change the fuel filter, and probably the in-tank fuel lines that are 12 years old ... and when I put it back together, just use high-quality Gates fuel injector lines and standard FI clamps down to the injector inlets? Maybe when I have the tank off and upside down on the bench to get at the filter, I can worry the quick-disconnect carefully apart and maybe replace it with a metal one or leave it be.

What does the panel of experts say?

Lannis

Don't cut the fuel line. Learn how to disconnect the fuel line properly. see https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/removing-fuel-line-quick-disconnect.20279/

Don't cut the fuel line. Learn how to disconnect the fuel line properly. see https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/removing-fuel-line-quick-disconnect.20279/

John - What I was thinking is that that plastic fuel line has been on there for 12 years and 60,000 miles, heating and cooling, heating and cooling .... So I figured as long as I have fought my way through those hedges of swords and briars known as the Side Fairings and Front Fairings, it might be a good idea to replace those possibly-fatiguing fuel lines anyhow while they're accessible?

I was going to do the same with the fuel line inside the tank when I replace the fuel filter. Is that not a recommended thing?

Lannis

John - What I was thinking is that that plastic fuel line has been on there for 12 years and 60,000 miles, heating and cooling, heating and cooling .... So I figured as long as I have fought my way through those hedges of swords and briars known as the Side Fairings and Front Fairings, it might be a good idea to replace those possibly-fatiguing fuel lines anyhow while they're accessible?

I was going to do the same with the fuel line inside the tank when I replace the fuel filter. Is that not a recommended thing?

Lannis

The lines Guzzi uses outside of the tank are very durable. Leave then alone. The internal lines had some issues in early bikes, but later ones are also very durable. Be sure to sure to use Oetiker or fuel injection type screw clamps when replacing the fuel filter.

I had repositioned the external fuel lines and found that I had kinked one and so gas delivery was not all it should be, so I purchased a replacement line (about $66 Canadian, so about $12 American:D). Runs better now and I always have a spare, for whatever reason you need a spare fuel line for!

B
I had repositioned the external fuel lines and found that I had kinked one and so gas delivery was not all it should be, so I purchased a replacement line (about $66 Canadian, so about $12 American:D). Runs better now and I always have a spare, for whatever reason you need a spare fuel line for!

BrianR - Per John's advice above, I will leave the exterior plastic fuel lines alone. But I'm interested in knowing how you replaced your external fuel line? I have none of the special tools necessary to replace the lines with original types. Did you use some other type of line?

Lannis

The replacement line comes with the elbow already in place together with the connections to the fuel injectors. Very simple to replace as a unit

The replacement line comes with the elbow already in place together with the connections to the fuel injectors. Very simple to replace as a unit

Forgive my never-ending questions on the subject, but is the elbow now a separately replaceable unit from the fuel pump? At one time, if you broke that elbow or wanted to replace it, you had to buy a new fuel pump with it .... ?

Lannis

Forgive my never-ending questions on the subject, but is the elbow now a separately replaceable unit from the fuel pump? At one time, if you broke that elbow or wanted to replace it, you had to buy a new fuel pump with it .... ?
Hi Lannis, yes it sure is. Part # MG410 -- I try to keep one in stock. Ping me direct email; Info @GuzziTech.com if you need one.

Back