• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Details & Poll

I am…

• Excited about this model, and will purchase one ASAP!

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I’m slightly interested, but have to ride it.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • I never buy the first model year run, but I like it.

Votes: 24 20.9%

• Total voters
Haven't been on Guzzitech in a long time, just been doing my things and riding. Saw this poll in the Happy Holidays email from this morning. I 1st voted that I'd run out and buy one right away, but then logic and reason came back to me and I changed vote to having to ride one 1st. That is because I'm 6'2" 225lbs and like the size, height, and heft of my Stelvio. I like the looks and layout of the Mandello, but if it's too small I suspect the whiz bang automatic aero dynamics and "I'm the computer and I know best" wind screen height adjustment may just create a lot of buffeting. As it stands with my Stelv, I had to add an X-creen Blade to the top of the factory wind screen to be able to ride at highway speeds and not feel like my head is in the ring for ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

It is a beautiful bike, and I love how they have kept the V, but with the exhausts at 90 degrees from the front with the fuel injection under the tank. I suspect like the Aprilia Tuono, that the servicing will be less home based, and more dealer oriented and expensive. The active suspension will be ridiculed as not needed, but I've heard that before about electronic ignition, disc brakes, radial tyres, adjustable suspension et al and haven ridden a bike with it, it is wondrous to behold and just allows you to enjoy the ride.

I love the looks and specs of the V100. Actually, I would have already bought the new V7 if the dealership in my area was not so off putting. I went in ready to buy, but was told they don’t give test rides without running a credit check. I then had to listen to a long story ab how the salesperson got his wife into riding, current politics, etc. I left after two hours of frustration. If buying the bike is this difficult, how will post sales service be?!? :sigh:

If buying the bike is this difficult, how will post sales service be?!? :sigh:

I like wandering around to the back door where the “Smokers used to hang out” and service bays are and shoot the @#$& with the mechanics, you might get an idea about the back end of the shop you will be dealing with...

I love the looks and specs of the V100. Actually, I would have already bought the new V7 if the dealership in my area was not so off putting. I went in ready to buy, but was told they don’t give test rides without running a credit check. I then had to listen to a long story ab how the salesperson got his wife into riding, current politics, etc. I left after two hours of frustration. If buying the bike is this difficult, how will post sales service be?!? :sigh:

As few and far between as Guzzi dealers are, be glad there's one nearby. :cool:

Definitely interested in this bike. Am looking for my first sport touring bike. Have been riding sport and naked bikes doing track days and short rides for about 20 years. Looking at getting a bike I can do some longer distance on. Had a 450cc enduro and got the dirt out of my system so really just looking for street bike rather than dual/adventure bike.
Considering BMW R1250RT, Triumph 1200 GT Pro, and Guzzi V100 Mandello as shaft drive is on my list of desirable features. Might consider Ducati Multistrada V4S if I go with a chain drive.
Most of my bikes have been Italian (have 3 Italians and 1 British now) but am prioritizing reliability a little higher in a sport tourer. I have decent dealers for all four of these brands within 35 miles. Though I realize the new Triumph and Guzzi are not at dealers yet, any comments on these four bikes or others I might consider would be appreciated. Thanks!

any comments on these four bikes or others I might consider would be appreciated. Thanks!
Being that you’re on a Guzzi Forum, you can guess what most responses will be. It takes a special person to own a Guzzi. Nothing will be easy, and there’s no dealer support… Plan on a lot of DIY, or endure frustrating and long dealer waits. That said, once sorted, largely in help with this Forum, they are incredibly amazing machines. I’ve owned numerous bikes of every brand imaginable, and now I only own (and custom build) Guzzi street bikes. That should answer your question on which is best… Not that almost any modern motorcycles are bad. You’ll need to wait and ride each for your final choice. Hope that helps.

Nothing will be easy, and there’s no dealer support…
Thanks for the response. I am a poster child of not worrying about dealer support. My current garage includes ‘16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory, ‘14 MV Agusta Rivale, ‘19 SWM SM500R Supermoto, and ‘16 Norton Commando 961 SF.
The Aprilia has the most dealer support of my current bikes. MV Agusta and SWM (almost no one has heard of SWM’s brilliant resurrection of the Husky enduros and Supermotos made at the same Varese factory owned by Cagiva/MV when they owned Husky) have some but not many dealers. Norton had 4 dealers in USA when I bought my Commando 961 from a dealer 800 miles away. Currently they have zero dealers. But that will likely change in the next couple of years now that they have a new owner.
I have bought 8 new bikes (7 Italian and 1 British) from dealers in the last 20 years and only ever returned to a dealer once for service, and that failed to solve the issue.
Fortunately I have a great independent Italian motorcycle shop nearby, and have been able to use the support of a Norton forum to do the maintenance and upgrades on my Commando 961 myself.
With my independent Italian mechanic, a Guzzi/Aprilia dealer 35 miles away, and this forum, I have full confidence I would be a happy Guzzi owner!

Thanks for the response. I am a poster child of not worrying about dealer support. My current garage includes ‘16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory, ‘14 MV Agusta Rivale, ‘19 SWM SM500R Supermoto, and ‘16 Norton Commando 961 SF.
The Aprilia has the most dealer support of my current bikes.
That would've been helpful to know in your first post... but it sounds like you'll be a good fit. Ride one when they're available to do so.
I've owned 80+ bikes to date, half of which have been Guzzis over the last 22 years.

Waiting and watching for news of price, seat height and weight. When do they ship?

Might trade my MV Agusta for one of these? Maybe.

And there is one for sale in Ottawa…
I've been watching that one for well over a year. I went to see it in October. The price continues to drop. It was $25K in 2016 and is down to 14K. I offered them 12.5K with a warranty and they refused to give one. Plus that era has some known issues.
What a gorgeous machine though.

Just started seeing mentions of price between $17K and $20K and comparisons to the Multistrada and Pan America.

Do those prices and comparisons seem reasonable? Does categorizing the V100 as a sport-tourer bump it up in the price tier?

Guess I was hoping for something a little less expensive but I suppose the V85 tries to fill the gap between the V7/V9 and the V100?

I left out the Audace, California and MGX due to their pure cruiser/touring nature.

MG had to introduce a LC engine to meet global emissions requirements. It's great to see they kept the engine architecture and brought it into the 21st century. I'm looking forward to test riding one and probably owning a version in the near future, but it will never replace my classic Guzzi's. I own a 72 Eldorado 850, 73 V7 Sport, 07 Griso 1100 that Todd is working his GTM magic on and a V85TT. They are all unique and different but share the same Moto Guzzi soul. I'm hoping the new LC bikes share that Italian character.

I came late to Guzzi's, bought my first Stelvio in 2014, I'm now 66. I've since owned around 16 Guzzi's. I just want to experience as many as I can.
So yesterday I committed to the V100 and put down a £500 deposit (refundable) I currently own a 2016 Stelvio and a 2021 KTM 1290sas.
If I really like the V100, which I suspect I will, it will be the KTM that will be going. My Stelvio is my 4th and after selling the others I've regretted it almost instantly, this one's going nowhere.

Back