• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

And then there were three

It depends a lot on where it lived during the riding season and in the winter. Everything on my '82 Honda CB650SC was in great condition because it was garage kept summer and winter.

I know the last guy kept it inside - the one before was an older fella so I imagine the same thing - but the back grab handle is quite sun damaged ? ( I think )
It started its life in Oregon - maybe that's why the mileage is so low - West coast rainy season ?

Thanks for the reply,
Don

Ok, it's a NEW YEAR and under sincere request from my better half of 26 years, I'm trying to become more "Jolly and Happy Go Lucky Like You Used To Be :angel:" and less "Cantankerous Like You've Become :devil:"

:sick: LOL.

So...I’m going to share with you and everybody else who bothers to read this, one of my most carefully guarded secrets.

I do full restorations occasionally and offer "Best Possible Condition" detailing and this is one of my best techniques in that process.

You are going to LOVE this!

BMW plastics are unusually sensitive to UV rays. They love to oxidize and turn grayish black instead of black. However, they are HIGH QUALITY plastics and this is EASILY fixed.

You may need to buy a case of this product and have it shipped to you, but you will use it and you will fall in love with it. I promise. Find the best price you can. It’s Pro-Shine by Pro Car Beauty Products.

A5B5BD95 9156 4351 9EC5 8578A7089DA4

Start with a clean surface free of dirt and grease. I just wash and use Simple Green in a spray bottle to degrease. Make sure the surface is completely dry and free of water.

NEXT:

You spray the ProShine (literally soak the surface until it looks WET).

Wait 30 Minutes. Soak it again. If especially UV damaged, do this a 3rd time.

Let soak in and the aerosol chemical to evaporate OVERNIGHT! Don't touch it. Leave it alone to do it's work. The plastic will actually take the chemical into itself a couple of microns into the surface.

Next day, wipe gently with nice soft towel. I use inexpensive microfiber towels from Walmart.

So, what happens…. Nothing short of magic! You will not believe it.

You think I’m bullshitting you or exaggerating? Ha!

I’m not kidding! If you do this exactly as I tell you, you will consistently get this result. It last for months and months, and if stored indoors, it has lasted as long as a year before I redo it.

NOTE: It may look greasy like Armor All or other garbage like that, but it is not. Not in the slightest. It does not attract dust, and it will penetrate into the plastic and actually restore the luster and resiliency.

1 a
1 b

2 a

2 b

3 a

3 b

4 a

4 b

5 a

5 b 6 a

6 b

Told you I wasn't kidding... This is a 1987 BMW K75-C. THAT'S 35 year old plastic! The owner was absolutely speechless when he came and got it.

Look at the frame, mirror, cables, even the cloth fabric wire tape, the whole thing!

This product is the finest of its kind I have ever used. I fully endorse PRO Beauty Products. They make the very best stuff, period. I was a legend at their distributor store in San Diego. People would seek me out to restore and detail their motorcycles, especially for taking to concourse shows.

Use it on any motorcycle from head to toe on anything black, wires, grips, footpegs, fenders, frame, brake lines, black painted fork legs, the backs of mirrors, grab handles, everything.

WARNING! DO NOT SPRAY IT ONTO CLEAR PLASTIC LENSES LIKE DASHBOARDS AS THE CHEMICAL CAN CAUSE A HAZE ON CLEAR PLASTIC. IF YOU GET OVERSPRAY ONTO CLEAR PLASTIC, JUST WIPE IT OFF WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. NO HARM.

Your motorcycle will look brand new again! The other benefit is the aerosol spray goes into every nook and cranny to restore the finish on plastic pieces with irregular shapes and surfaces.

This is my 2007 1200 Sport. 15 year old plastic. Last treated 6 month earlier than this photo. Enjoy!

1200 Sport

Last edited:
A Brand New old Stock Flying Brick ! Nice
Did it even take those “Light scratches” and dent out of the tank :p (jk)
I was wondering what I could do about this :
0EE1ECE0 319A 4577 84E0 D962B51B6BFA

It’s the only part on the bike that doesn’t look like new.
Now I know what to use/try !
Thanks,
Don
PS: About the old crotchety part,
Try and Change ???? #$&@ that !
It took years of “Real Life Experience” to get to that stage and no amount sunshine blown up your %*¥ is going to reverse that !
It’s what gives you character....

PPS: this was meant to be taken as a somewhat humorous anecdote Eh!

Last edited:
Soak that about 4 cycles. WET, WAIT 30 MINUTES, WET, WAIT etc. Come back 4-5 hours later and do again.

Leave overnight.

It will look like brand new in the morning! Take a picture and post old and new. It will be truly shocking.

Use it on the bag mounts too. Also the seat. Every wire and cable, handlebars, frame, everything black. Brake lines, fenders both outside and insides. You will not believe your eyes. I’m excited to have you do this and get your response! BTW: It will not hurt paint one bit. Just wipe excess off when the propellent evaporates.

Hey thanks so much for the positive comments!

Ours is a small community in North America for this remarkable motorcycle marque from a little town in Northern Italy. We are all part of the “La famiglia di Moto Guzzi”.

For US, and I am sure I speak for all of the regulars here on this topic, that it is always a joy to be able to help those who are appreciative and respectful. Grazie mille.

Ok, it's a NEW YEAR and under sincere request from my better half of 26 years, I'm trying to become more "Jolly and Happy Go Lucky Like You Used To Be :angel:" and less "Cantankerous Like You've Become :devil:"

:sick: LOL.

So...I’m going to share with you and everybody else who bothers to read this, one of my most carefully guarded secrets.

I do full restorations occasionally and offer "Best Possible Condition" detailing and this is one of my best techniques in that process.

You are going to LOVE this!

BMW plastics are unusually sensitive to UV rays. They love to oxidize and turn grayish black instead of black. However, they are HIGH QUALITY plastics and this is EASILY fixed.

You may need to buy a case of this product and have it shipped to you, but you will use it and you will fall in love with it. I promise. Find the best price you can. It’s Pro-Shine by Pro Car Beauty Products.

View attachment 23984

Start with a clean surface free of dirt and grease. I just wash and use Simple Green in a spray bottle to degrease. Make sure the surface is completely dry and free of water.

NEXT:

You spray the ProShine (literally soak the surface until it looks WET).

Wait 30 Minutes. Soak it again. If especially UV damaged, do this a 3rd time.

Let soak in and the aerosol chemical to evaporate OVERNIGHT! Don't touch it. Leave it alone to do it's work. The plastic will actually take the chemical into itself a couple of microns into the surface.

Next day, wipe gently with nice soft towel. I use inexpensive microfiber towels from Walmart.

So, what happens…. Nothing short of magic! You will not believe it.

You think I’m bullshitting you or exaggerating? Ha!

I’m not kidding! If you do this exactly as I tell you, you will consistently get this result. It last for months and months, and if stored indoors, it has lasted as long as a year before I redo it.

NOTE: It may look greasy like Armor All or other garbage like that, but it is not. Not in the slightest. It does not attract dust, and it will penetrate into the plastic and actually restore the luster and resiliency.

View attachment 23986
View attachment 23987

View attachment 23988

View attachment 23989

View attachment 23990

View attachment 23991

View attachment 23992

View attachment 23993

View attachment 23994

View attachment 23995View attachment 23996

View attachment 23997

Told you I wasn't kidding... This is a 1987 BMW K75-C. THAT'S 35 year old plastic! The owner was absolutely speechless when he came and got it.

Look at the frame, mirror, cables, even the cloth fabric wire tape, the whole thing!

This product is the finest of its kind I have ever used. I fully endorse PRO Beauty Products. They make the very best stuff, period. I was a legend at their distributor store in San Diego. People would seek me out to restore and detail their motorcycles, especially for taking to concourse shows.

Use it on any motorcycle from head to toe on anything black, wires, grips, footpegs, fenders, frame, brake lines, black painted fork legs, the backs of mirrors, grab handles, everything.

WARNING! DO NOT SPRAY IT ONTO CLEAR PLASTIC LENSES LIKE DASHBOARDS AS THE CHEMICAL CAN CAUSE A HAZE ON CLEAR PLASTIC. IF YOU GET OVERSPRAY ONTO CLEAR PLASTIC, JUST WIPE IT OFF WITHIN A FEW MINUTES. NO HARM.

Your motorcycle will look brand new again! The other benefit is the aerosol spray goes into every nook and cranny to restore the finish on plastic pieces with irregular shapes and surfaces.

View attachment 23998

View attachment 23999

This is my 2007 1200 Sport. 15 year old plastic. Last treated 6 month earlier than this photo. Enjoy!

View attachment 24000
If you did videos of the process to get such finishes, you'd be satiating a lot of people believe me. People get off to it amazing results btw

Booooo, I was not able to find any Pro Shine locally today.
Might have to order it in from the US !

No one want’s to ship a hazardous substance to Canada....
Who sells it in the US !
I might have to drive down to ogdensburg to get me some, some...

Last edited:
Based upon Scott's recommendation I ordered a case of Pro Shine from the manufacturer. I tried all the local auto parts stores near me and Walmart without finding it so decided that 12 cans would last me for a while. The cost was reasonable. I have an old Jeep Comanche with faded black plastic trim that I hope to revive. I tried several of the "name brands" of black plastic treatment products over the years which just seemed to make the appearance worse.

Don,
Some things I recommend to check or replace on your R1100S due to its age since you don't know what maintenance has been done:
1. Replace fuel filter and O-ring seal where fuel pump assembly flange attaches to tank. You may also need the "sock type" intake filter for the bottom of the fuel pump and possibly the rubber vibration damper/mount for the pump. Failure of the sock filter will allow small debris in the fuel to enter the pump and possibly jam it. That was the cause of failure to start after sitting over the winter for my brother's R1100RS and we just found a cracked sock filter on my nephew's R1100RT when we opened the tank to replace the fuel filter. The rubber mount was OK in both cases so you may or may not need one. Although they are probably OK, it is a good idea to check the fuel lines carefully (especially the ones inside the tank).
2. The fuel line quick couplings (there are two--supply and return lines) have small O-rings that can be pinched so it is a good idea to keep some spare O-rings on hand.
3. I strongly recommend 75W-140 synthetic gear oil for the transmission (gearbox) and final drive. You will need new aluminum crush washers for drain and fill plugs on both units. My NY bike had about 13k miles when I changed the gear oil to Mobil 1 75W-140 this summer and I was amazed how much smoother the shifting is now. I assume it still had original fluid since it had about 9k miles when I bought it in 2006. I keep it in my brother's garage and ride it when I visit.

I have some links for aftermarket parts and BMW user forums, but will not violate the terms of this web site by posting them here.

Last edited:
Based upon Scott's recommendation I ordered a case of Pro Shine from the manufacturer…
I will be very interested in your opinion and photos!

It is a product that is sold by Pro distributors only.

All of their products are really excellent but ProShine is just amazing.

I will be very interested in your opinion and photos!

It is a product that is sold by Pro distributors only.

All of their products are really excellent but ProShine is just amazing.
They have a bunch of products available that look interesting. I may order some other products if the Pro Shine works well since they emailed me a discount offer for a future order. I did not want to go to car detail shops around Phoenix to try to buy Pro Shine so I ordered direct on their web site. They only offered UPS Ground shipping so it will be a while before I get it. The results shown in your photos are far better than anything I have tried.

You will be thrilled with everything that Pro makes!

They are the best products I’ve ever used because their chemistry is rock solid.

Don,
Some things I recommend to check or replace on your R1100S due to its age since you don't know what maintenance has been done:.

Great, thank you for the recommendations based on your experiences !
all those rubber pieces are over 20 years old and some are sure to dried and cracked.

I contacted pro shine in the states and they gave me the name of the Canadian distributor in Quebec City only five hours away.
I’m gonna give them a call and see if I can arrange to buy a can or two and get them shipped here.

I received my case of Pro Shine and my nephew used some on his R1100RT. He was very impressed with the results and decided to buy half of my case. I was working on the Jeep in my driveway before taking it for emissions inspection when someone stopped by and really wanted to buy it. Long story short, I sold it before I had a chance to try the Pro Shine on it.

Oh...I miss my R1100SA so much! I've been looking at used ones for about a year and a half. Almost pulled the trigger several times, but I already have 8 motorcycles which is obscene really. 9 would just be over the top. But...I probably will get an 1100S again when the right one (low mileage, unmolested, bone stock perfect condition, saddlebags) comes drifting by! :D :D :D

Back