• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Registry & Picture thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

I didn't see a special Intro area, so hopefully it's OK to post this here. I own a few other bikes, but felt I should own an Italian bike at least once in my life, and Moto Guzzi has been on my mind for that role for a while. I went to the local dealer to look at a new 850 classic, but also looked at a barely ridden (1250 miles) 2018 V7 Milano
Welcome and thanks for posting and the photo, congrats on the purchase. Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread, and hope to see you here posting often. Do see the paragraphs at the top of the page, as search is highly beneficial on most likely any questions you have. Enjoy!

Got a couple good pics of my V7 Stone S today about 2 hours NW of Houston, Texas. Found some great roads and scenery. Every time I ride the Guzzi I learn something new about the bike and love it even more! Really got to push the bike since I did the the SAS delete kit and wow. What a difference from throttle response with rev matching to winding the bike out to redline! She's much more willing! Also I recently changed the shift warning to 7000RPM and there seems to be more power up that way.. But what's stock redline and it does go all the way up to 8000rpm, what's recommended? I don't wanna push it overboard but man it's fun!

20220112 141829 20220112 135103

Last edited:
Got a couple good pics of my V7 Stone S today about 2 hours NW of Houston, Texas. Found some great roads and scenery. Every time I ride the Guzzi I learn something new about the bike and love it even more! Really got to push the bike since I did the the SAS delete kit and wow. What a difference from throttle response with rev matching to winding the bike out to redline! She's much more willing! Also I recently changed the shift warning to 7000RPM and there seems to be more power up that way.. But what's stock redline and it does go all the way up to 8000rpm, what's recommended? I don't wanna push it overboard but man it's fun!

When you come to a stop out on the country roads , it gets to a point where you can hardly resist winding it out in each gear cause it just wants to GO and sounds so Great :D

Last edited:
Did the bigger engine spark your interest in the V7?
Short answer. No. I had never before considered a Moto Guzzi. I was looking for something easier to manage (height, weight, center of gravity) in the garage or at low speed than the R1200RT. I love that bike, but I'm not as strong as I once was.

Long answer. I cleared my mind (of BMW bias) and looked at all kinds of bikes. I actually bought a 1982 Honda GL500I Silver Wing on a whim, because that was a bike my then-girlfriend (and now 39-year wife) and I admired at a dealer when it came out. Needs some going over by a mechanic, though, maybe this spring. I also considered getting another 1982 Seca, but I realized that what I really wanted was a new bike with a classic look. I freaking hate the look of swoopy, sharp-angled fairings, "Transformers" bikes. My RT is old enough for the fairings to be more (IMO) elegant than the latest bikes, but all that plastic can be a hassle to deal with, too.

I started researching Triumphs, Ducatis (Desert Sled), and other makes, but then I also realized that I really like the look of the protruding cylinders on the Honda's engine. That's when I started looking at Guzzis. And fell in love. It was just good timing that this was when the upgraded V7 was out with more power and torque. The 2021 color schemes are beautiful, the blue and green are outstanding, but the orange is unsurpassable :) .

When I was researching the V7 850 online, many of the YouTube reviews seemed to call out the HP and top end as shortcomings, as if all bikes must be sport bikes. Speed has never been my reason for motorcycling, so that was actually a plus in my book.

So, styling, engineering (except that absurdly unfindable neutral), height (might need to lower the pegs a smidgen), weight, center of gravity, and vibe, it was a perfect storm. The dealer (Seacoast Cycles) had a lot of V7s in stock, and amazingly had one in orange, so I lucked out. I didn't even test ride it.

I didn't realize until after it was over that there was a national Moto Guzzi rally just 12 miles from my house this summer. It would have been nice to see a wide spectrum of Guzzis, but I think it would only have reinforced my decision-making process.

bws

My first Moto Guzzi after a Yamaha Seca XJ650R, BMW F650GSD, BMW K75S, & BMW R1200RT - a V7 Stone 850
Congrats and welcome to the fold and GT Forum. As Scott says, also welcome to the addiction. In my youth, I owned some eclectic UJMs until I could afford European, and Guzzi rooted into my blood before I was old enough to read the name on the tank in my youth. After a R100CS, K100S and an oil-head 1100GS (also a Ducati and a few HDs too), all long gone and I've never looked back. I've now owned more than ~50 OEM Guzzis since 1999, and now a string of my GTM custom builds linked above.
Treat your Guzzi well, and it'll give back ten-fold. Enjoy and post often. Appreciate your post, pic and VIN#.

Short answer. No. I had never before considered a Moto Guzzi. I was looking for something easier to manage (height, weight, center of gravity) in the garage or at low speed than the R1200RT. I love that bike, but I'm not as strong as I once was.

Long answer. I cleared my mind (of BMW bias) and looked at all kinds of bikes. I actually bought a 1982 Honda GL500I Silver Wing on a whim, because that was a bike my then-girlfriend (and now 39-year wife) and I admired at a dealer when it came out. Needs some going over by a mechanic, though, maybe this spring. I also considered getting another 1982 Seca, but I realized that what I really wanted was a new bike with a classic look. I freaking hate the look of swoopy, sharp-angled fairings, "Transformers" bikes. My RT is old enough for the fairings to be more (IMO) elegant than the latest bikes, but all that plastic can be a hassle to deal with, too.

I started researching Triumphs, Ducatis (Desert Sled), and other makes, but then I also realized that I really like the look of the protruding cylinders on the Honda's engine. That's when I started looking at Guzzis. And fell in love. It was just good timing that this was when the upgraded V7 was out with more power and torque. The 2021 color schemes are beautiful, the blue and green are outstanding, but the orange is unsurpassable :) .

When I was researching the V7 850 online, many of the YouTube reviews seemed to call out the HP and top end as shortcomings, as if all bikes must be sport bikes. Speed has never been my reason for motorcycling, so that was actually a plus in my book.

So, styling, engineering (except that absurdly unfindable neutral), height (might need to lower the pegs a smidgen), weight, center of gravity, and vibe, it was a perfect storm. The dealer (Seacoast Cycles) had a lot of V7s in stock, and amazingly had one in orange, so I lucked out. I didn't even test ride it.

I didn't realize until after it was over that there was a national Moto Guzzi rally just 12 miles from my house this summer. It would have been nice to see a wide spectrum of Guzzis, but I think it would only have reinforced my decision-making process.

bws
Very cool! And I agree, its an easy bike to handle. (I'll grudgingly admit I'm not as strong as I used to be)

About your comment on finding neutral, try adjusting the clutch lever. I had the same thing on delivery. 5 minute fix if thats the issue.

Very cool! And I agree, its an easy bike to handle. (I'll grudgingly admit I'm not as strong as I used to be)

About your comment on finding neutral, try adjusting the clutch lever. I had the same thing on delivery. 5 minute fix if thats the issue.
Was wondering because I've heard of this "feature" of the bike, but I have found getting to neutral about as easy as any bike I've had.

Back