• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

comfort on V7 special

rodhotter

Just got it firing!
love the looks of the V7 special + never rode any Guzzi wondering about riding position. i traded a mag wheeled bonneville quickly due to uncomfortable slightly rearset pegs that a lack of test ride bit me, liked its looks + end of season the bike came to my dealer Hermy's from another dealer! i am 5-8 + 155 lb 74 YO + looking for a lighter ride to replace my like new 11 thou Vic Hammer, appreciate any input appreciated. Hermys has an 18 V7 carbon + wondering if riding position is comparable as Guzzi dealers for the preferred V7 special are 2 hours one way!

love the looks of the V7 special + never rode any Guzzi wondering about riding position. i traded a mag wheeled bonneville quickly due to uncomfortable slightly rearset pegs that a lack of test ride bit me, liked its looks + end of season the bike came to my dealer Hermy's from another dealer! i am 5-8 + 155 lb 74 YO + looking for a lighter ride to replace my like new 11 thou Vic Hammer, appreciate any input appreciated. Hermys has an 18 V7 carbon + wondering if riding position is comparable as Guzzi dealers for the preferred V7 special are 2 hours one way!
Rodhotter:
I bought a 2021 V7-850 Special in November of 2021. I was coming from 2 bikes that I owned for a number of years. Now, at over 70, they were too heavy (FJR 1300) and too sporty (Ducati S2R800). I’m 5’9 165 lb & 73 now. After buying the V7 I hated the peg placement, but kept taking rides. Now I love the stock riding position. I added bags, center stand and fly screen. Great bike.

Fred

Hi !
I think the riding positions are going to be nearly Identical between the Special and the Carbon.
The V7 Racer with the Clipon's was leaning forward a bit more.

I've had a V7 Stone since 2020 put 12,000 Km on it so far, I'm 6, 3 and find the riding position quite comfortable.
The seat could use a bit more cushion, but If I ride 3 time a week my But seem to get More used to it.

Last edited:
NEVER seen a Guzzi on the road EVER, but i find them interesting, air cooled simplicity is a plus even thou it limits power a bit. my 18 T120 + 19 street scram are comfy. the street scram was to be a tug-sidecar but the necessary subframe + wiring into a newer can bus system proved to be more $$$ than i wanted to invest, so prolly trade or sell it along with with my big 2013 Vic Hammer. prolly keey the T120 but the V7 special just looks great + guess i need a decent test ride to know for sure, although pretty fit for 74 YO comfort is ket IMO although i only ride an hour or so when i do. thanks for the reply

They show up when you least expect them.

When I went to Kansas City a few years back and picked up my used 1200 Sport, I rode her back to Ohio. Stopping at a rest area to do the deed, I came back from the facilities to find this parked next to me.

The owner came out and we both laughed at how you can ride all over and never see one, and then “BOOM” one or more appear out of nowhere. BTW: He was riding cross country and having a ball of a good time. He seemed very happy.

Me, I was too except for the stock “very low” bars and my back and shoulders having a difference of opinion. Replacing them with Aprilia Mana 850 bars (plug and play perfect match), made this 1200 Sport a joy to ride now.

They are all lovely motorcycles and I hope you get one and love it like I love my 5 Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

0FD3A25E C4DD 457A 8A36 DAF7FEFB7FAA

Victory a now defunct brand is similar, seen 2 this week + thats rare. IMO its great to NOT have "just another Hardley" !!!! a dull world if we all liked + bought the same!!

To answer your question, I had a 2015 v7 special and now a 2017 v7III special and a v85. I'm 74 and if I could grow a 1/2" (anywhere, please) I'd be 5'8". I find them very comfortable and simple to navigate around the garage and on the road. Now the v85 is way too tall, but I love it too even knowing I'll F up and drop it in a parking lot someday!

The V85 might be tall compared to other Moto Guzzi’s and other street bikes, but it has a lower seat than all the other adventure bikes I looked at.

I’m only 5’-7” tall, but I think my legs are a little longer than normal for my height. I have no trouble with seat height of the V85, but was not comfortable on most of the other adventure bikes I looked at.

To the OP: Seating position is personal preference, but I know I would be comfortable on a new V7 if I needed another bike.

thanks for all the input, besides our physical side riding skill is surely important, gotta be aware of the road dips + camber!! you see many usually younger riding very tall dirt bikes + balance is surely key!!

I have a '14 V7 special, an '04 Triumph Thruxton, and an '01 Bonneville in my stable. The thruxton has rearsets and the bonnie has standard footpeg placement. The V7 footpegs are slightly aft of the bonneville's footpeg postion. I'm not certain what about the bonnie SE footpeg postion threw you off, but a V7 won't have much different of a riding position. FWIW, I'm 5'-8" on a good day, have a 30.5" inseam, and was born in '61. I get on fine with all three bikes. Not unsurprisingly, the V7 has the most character of the bunch...

Back