• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 V7 Issue

Manson

Just got it firing!
Hi folks, being a "grumpy ol biker" I haven't a clue about how / what to use to reflash (which I presume means reprogram) my V7 (bring back carbs!). I changed the pipes 8 months back & all was well until last month. I stopped at lights & when I went to pull away she stopped firing on the l/h cylinder. Put new plugs in, swapped lambda sensors & injectors - no change! Just put the standard silencers on & she appears slightly better but still missing a bit on l/h pot! Does the reflashing need doing at services or not? (had her for about 2 years & I love her) I hate electrics!!! Do I need to buy a diagnostic tool? if so - any recommendations? Cheers

Hi folks, being a "grumpy ol biker" I haven't a clue about how / what to use to reflash (which I presume means reprogram) my V7 (bring back carbs!). I changed the pipes 8 months back & all was well until last month. I stopped at lights & when I went to pull away she stopped firing on the l/h cylinder. Put new plugs in, swapped lambda sensors & injectors - no change! Just put the standard silencers on & she appears slightly better but still missing a bit on l/h pot! Does the reflashing need doing at services or not? (had her for about 2 years & I love her) I hate electrics!!! Do I need to buy a diagnostic tool? if so - any recommendations? Cheers
Did you do a search? There is a tool available in the store and it is covered in this thread https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-ecu-v7-v9-flash-tool.15044/

Hello,

First off, you are racing down a rabbit hole buying all of those parts and swapping this and that…

You have an intermittent misfiring on 1 side. You almost certainly have a damaged spark plug cap and/or wire. There is damage that can easily occur to the wire insulation, and then the plug can send the spark out of the wire to the head instead of the spark plug.

As NGK has discontinued manufacture of almost its entire line of spark plug wire caps, I strongly suggest you SEARCH the V7 forum for the correct replacement cap and get some ASAP if they are still available.

You do not reflash the ECU for the symptoms you are describing.

You do do a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) reset at every service and this too is well documented here in the forums. You need to use the SEARCH function and do some reading.

Hope this helps you.

Hello,

First off, you are racing down a rabbit hole buying all of those parts and swapping this and that…

You have an intermittent misfiring on 1 side. You almost certainly have a damaged spark plug cap and/or wire. There is damage that can easily occur to the wire insulation, and then the plug can send the spark out of the wire to the head instead of the spark plug.

As NGK has discontinued manufacture of almost its entire line of spark plug wire caps, I strongly suggest you SEARCH the V7 forum for the correct replacement cap and get some ASAP if they are still available.

You do not reflash the ECU for the symptoms you are describing.

You do do a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) reset at every service and this too is well documented here in the forums. You need to use the SEARCH function and do some reading.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at the TPS (never heard of one!) Cheers. Don't plug caps all do the same? - sorry this is an ancient biker, who's used to carbs etc & just electrics for lights/spark & nowt else!
Ride free

Spark plug caps on those cracked a lot, I have changed a bunch. MG cycle still has caps for V7's, was comparing them for an early Norge yesterday. Look in store here also Todd may have some.
Swap wires & caps from L to R and see if it follows.

Spark plug caps on those cracked a lot, I have changed a bunch. MG cycle still has caps for V7's, was comparing them for an early Norge yesterday. Look in store here also Todd may have some.
Cheers Steve. I'll have a look. Will let you guy's know when she's sorted

Hi Steve, You were correct! Being a grumpy ol git I thought about that but never did actually do it!!! It's an age thing. Would of been one of the 1st things I looked at in the past but I think I got confused with ECU's etc & was thinking it was something more complicated. All sorted Cheers.
Ride free

Hi Steve, You were correct! Being a grumpy ol git I thought about that but never did actually do it!!! It's an age thing. Would of been one of the 1st things I looked at in the past but I think I got confused with ECU's etc & was thinking it was something more complicated. All sorted Cheers.
Ride free

Oh…

Guess you missed the first diagnosis on your behalf…

Like I always say:

NO GOOD DEED GOES APPRECIATED OR UNPUNISHED AROUND THIS PLACE…

You’re welcome all the same…

Ride free
Oh…

Guess you missed the first diagnosis on your behalf…

Like I always say:

NO GOOD DEED GOES APPRECIATED OR UNPUNISHED AROUND THIS PLACE…

You’re welcome all the same…
Sorry!!! - changed plugs & seemed to spark ok so I suppose I thought twas good -Live & learn / repeat!

Back