• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cracked Cal 14 Exhaust Parts

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Page updated to show cracked exhaust parts, and the install of our GTM H-pipe below. Thanks to Marcus for sending his pics of the broken OEM/Stock headers. The only short-term fix is welding it, which all of the other models having this issue have cracked again.
See our full GTM System HERE -- GTM Hdrs & H-pipe HERE -- GTM H-pipe HERE

Cal14 EXHCRK

New H-pipe (cross-over/connector of our design not yet shown - connection to stock header will have a stainless clamp):
gtrx-cal14-hpipe-jpg.6990

Connector pipe is squarely cut just forward of the connecter brace:
gtrx-cal14-disc-jpg.6988

This is what you have left, to be re-installed:
gtrx-cal14-hdr-jpg.6989

Wow !!! If you can come up with a fix it will be a big seller. I am wondering if anyone has made it past 10,000 miles with out their pipes break.

It would be FANTASTIC Todd if you can come up with a solution - and I am confident that you can! I am almost afraid to travel too far for fear of the crossover failure.

The quickest and most efficient way would require cutting the stock headers since they are one piece from the head down past the crossover tube. How would everyone feel about cutting their headers at a measured point to accept a new GT-Rx® design? If not, how about all new SS headers?

Todd, more info re the SS headers and the new GTM® design

Regards

Tuono

I vote for SS headers as well - the less chrome the better....
Would they be double-walled like the originals, Todd?

This is news to me. I have 4,200 miles on mine and I am leaving on a 3,000 mile trip in a month. Are you telling me the odds are my exhaust will crack before I get back? That will suck. I hate loud bikes and I really hate failures on the road. Not to mention on a new bike that was supposedly designed from the ground up with input from Piaggio's resources so it would not do stupid things like this.

Mine would just be single wall 16 ga stainless. I can leave them brushed, or polish them to a chrome-like finish for a few $ more.

Todd, will the SS headers be the same diameter as originals?

Regards Tuono

Todd, will the SS headers be the same diameter as originals? Regards Tuono
I need to measure the inner diameter of the tubing, but as a blanket statement, the tubing will be smaller then what is OEM because of the double-walled thickness. I will likely do step-up diameters to get the performance up.

I'm interested. Sounds crazy as bike is brand new and obviously still under warranty but based on what I've read I don't have confidence in MG's ability to fix this. Let us know when you decide if you're going to move forward on this Todd. I think I'd be interested in the reg stainless and most likely will ceramic coat them.

Hey Todd, tell us more about the "cutting their headers at a measured point to accept a new GTM® design". Might be the better way to go.

I'm interested. Sounds crazy as bike is brand new and obviously still under warranty but based on what I've read I don't have confidence in MG's ability to fix this. Let us know when you decide if you're going to move forward on this Todd. I think I'd be interested in the reg stainless and most likely will ceramic coat them.
Might be another week or so, but I'll try to create a prototype to show here. If you want to coat it, I can do it in mild steel to help bring the cost way down. Let me know when I post the proto.

Hey Todd, tell us more about the "cutting their headers at a measured point to accept a new GT-Rx® design". Might be the better way to go.
Thinking I'll pick a measured distance behind the 02-sensors on each side, and if you cut there, I can supply a 'H' pipe that will slide on, and fit the stock mufflers (with the same but new flexible joints in stainless). From there would be a full system, which I think I'm going to do anyway... The first two lower heat shields on each side are rattling away.

Sounds like a possibility...will it weigh less? To me weight is horsepower..
The full system I assume? For sure it will weigh less, but the bike's heft is ~750 lbs., so I'm not going to pitch that as a perk.

Back