• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Exhaust Choices For The Stelvio - List Of Options - Which Is Best?

bmacneil2008

Tuned and Synch'ed
Sorry if a similar thread was created before but did a search and no results. Exhausts considering. Want a more aggressive sound but not LOUD. Thoughts?

Thanks for any comments if have a preference or experience
smiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brooksy.
Just noted your interest in a MIVV Edge. I have a MIVV Speed Edge (probably the same thing) that I don't need any more. It is in excellent condition and comes with all the necessary fittings to go straight onto your Stelvio.
I can tell you more and get some pics if you wish.
Best regards
Nik

Hi Brooksy.
Just noted your interest in a MIVV Edge. I have a MIVV Speed Edge (probably the same thing) that I don't need any more. It is in excellent condition and comes with all the necessary fittings to go straight onto your Stelvio.
I can tell you more and get some pics if you wish.
Best regards
Nik
Hi Nik, sent you a message yesterday mate should be in your inbox, and yes I am interested

Hi
There is no CAT in the Agostini I have. Its about 4 years old since manufactured. Full EC stamping so road legal here with baffles in. Much lighter being carbon fibre mostly and loads smaller.
No updates for ECU or PCV (dynojet or similar) used. I am at the Guzzi factory in Mandello del Lario in a couple of weeks and intend to call into the Agostini shop to look at another identical exhaust muffler for my partners Stelvio. I will ask all questions about re-tuning. Price on Agostini website is Euro 581. I make that about £480 sterling or USD 765. Plus shipping.

P.s. The tyres fitted to above image are Mitas E07 Dakar indicated by the yellow stripe which is a tougher compound for more stoney tracks. I used them most of last winter and they will be going on again in October.

Honestly, the bike will RUN the best with the factory can of the ones listed....it is a lead slug though, the after mkt cans do not hurt the stelvio as much as the griso (more mid pipe length) but they do not do it many favors except weight. For the few months my stelvio actually ran I used a carbon mistral, but I took a hit in performance for the weight savings. No amount of mapping could fill in the loss in torque in the low revs ditto for the mivv, and gpr. (I did the set up for these on two other stelvios)

as for mitas tires they are hmmm....very agricultural....and handle that way

Honestly, the bike will RUN the best with the factory can of the ones listed....it is a lead slug though, the after mkt cans do not hurt the stelvio as much as the griso (more mid pipe length) but they do not do it many favors except weight. For the few months my stelvio actually ran I used a carbon mistral, but I took a hit in performance for the weight savings. No amount of mapping could fill in the loss in torque in the low revs ditto for the mivv, and gpr. (I did the set up for these on two other stelvios)

as for mitas tires they are hmmm....very agricultural....and handle that way

Your opinon!

If you do a search on google for Mitas E07 tyres they seem to come out pretty well on service life and grip! They are a cheaper alternative in most cases to German made tyres. As with all tyres its a personal thing as no one tyre will suit another!

Well, I would disagree in using my GT-Rx® Meg and air box lid with corrected fueling... though some might think it's loud (it's not really).

My Agostini as fitted to my Stelvio in above image improved the bike no end. Its a 2011 Euro machine. Two lambda sensors and improvements mods to that year. Ran slightly more economical and allowed to bike to breathe more as no cat. However I haven't seen any dyno graphs on an Agostini after fitting against stock OEM? However it certainly improves the look and does sound a real peach!
Each to there own as they say!

Hi Todd
I'm planning on your pipe and air box lid in the near future (already have the full fueling package).
Are there sound clips of your GT-RX Meg available to listen to ?

When I had a Stelvio, a MIVV speed edge pipe, with db killer, improved the midrange massively; even before the fueling revisions. The torque dip from 3 to around 5K flattened up; it did very much what their graphs claimed, and felt like it. The sort of improvement after which you routinely find yourself in one gear higher; at RPMs where the engine felt lugging before.

This is the first bike I've owned in my many years of riding that's not getting an aftermarket exhaust. Maybe I'm just growing up or just sick of all the noise but I really like the way my Stelvio runs and sounds with the stock exhaust so its staying as is. As for any weight savings I really don't think saving 10 lbs or so will really make this bike feel much different especially with all the crap I carry in the bags.

I have a Quill Evo and the dyno figures of my '09 match almost exactly a recent review of a '14 NTX: 89.35 bhp @ 6679 rpm, 72.27 ft/lb @ 6388.4 rpm. Quite an improvement on stock and nice flat curves.
Since then I fitted a K&N air filter and, while I haven't dyno'd the beast again, it breathes much more easily and spins up more fluidly (for a Guzzi!). It's loud without being anti-social and the closed-throttle crackle is symphonic.

Hi
There is no CAT in the Agostini I have. Its about 4 years old since manufactured. Full EC stamping so road legal here with baffles in. Much lighter being carbon fibre mostly and loads smaller.
No updates for ECU or PCV (dynojet or similar) used. I am at the Guzzi factory in Mandello del Lario in a couple of weeks and intend to call into the Agostini shop to look at another identical exhaust muffler for my partners Stelvio. I will ask all questions about re-tuning. Price on Agostini website is Euro 581. I make that about £480 sterling or USD 765. Plus shipping.

I purchased the stainless model. Going to at least do a remap of the ECU, maybe a PCV as well. Lots of money.............

I purchased the stainless model. Going to at least do a remap of the ECU, maybe a PCV as well. Lots of money.............

Great choice. My partner has pinched my agostini after I ran stock silencer for our euro round trip 3.5k miles and I now miss the aftermarket sound so much that I am going for another make this time a Mistral conical carbon. Picking it up from the factory weekend after next whilst at Guzzi factory open weekend.
I'll post some images or perhaps a video of it fitted.

Hi All
I have a MIVV Speed Edge for sale. Pics and more details available on request.
Best regards
Nik

Back