• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V & AutoTune 300 on Cal 14

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
This thread is to cover a Q&A on the ECU flash and Power Commander / AutoTune-300 on a Cal 14. Dynojet will *not* be producing a model speific version, so don't even bother asking them. Click on the link below for purchase info;

Also, see our dyno results here; http://guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gt-rx-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

Any updates on this? We know you've been busy. We've traded emails on this very subject as well as suspension upgrades. Curious how far you got on the PCV-auto tune project for the C14. Trying to decide where to allocate play funds first.

So it's been a slow process, but I finally was able to sort the fueling on the Cal 14 this past weekend. The ECU allows an impressive amount of options for traction control and the like, but the fueling table is quite cryptic, so that will be on going. What I did get to do, was install the custom Power Commander-V and dual-sensor AutoTune-300, and begun building maps for completely stock, my GT-Rx® SS Megs, and an open lid air box with my SS Megs. I will have some dyno data to post here in the next week or so, but to verbalize how it works; Much like most other Guzzi's I've had the pleasure to work on with the dual map system (a fully dynamic auto-map for each cylinder), delivers the most smoothest and impressive throttle response you could ever imagine. I honestly can't say I've ridden a more transformed Guzzi then the Cal14 with an open lid air box, and free-flow mufflers. Combine this fueling fix with some new traction parameters, and you end up with one of the biggest smile making 8V's to date. More as I have it.

For general installation info, see >THIS< thread.

For any questions, feel free to reach me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Sounds great Todd. I've sent a few questions via email re this.
Looking forward to the dyno run immensely.
How is the development of the muffler and ECU update going?

How is the development of the muffler and ECU update going?
Per above, it's been done for a few weeks now. Incredible gains. I've been too busy to get to the dyno, but I'll try to get it scheduled in, and post the results when I do. Seat of pants says the same wonderful results as the other 8Vs, and it's so much more pleasurable to ride, along with throttle response and smoothness has to be experienced to believe.

Todd,
Re your remap - does it smooth out any of the lumpy idle below 2,000 rpm? I really don't have many issues with the overall performance and behavior of my Cali other than this one point. I always thought the lumpy idle was something MG 'tuned' into the edu to attract the Harley guys.

It helps, but doesn't smooth it out no... single throttle body and rubber mount motor is the reason for the Harley shake.

My 1400 has upgraded rear dampers. I have the Lafranconi Sport pipes fitted.
I had Todd reflash the ECU and I have installed the PC-V and Autotune 300. I installed the GT-Rx crossover replacement. I have an open-lid air box. I am currently on a road trip with my 78 year old mother as pillion, and we are 1500km into the ride. Todd told me that I would be happy with the results, but the results have exceeded my expectations.
By the time I had left my own driveway, the smooth response at low rpm was obvious. Instead of feathering the clutch and applying some rear brake to make a safe exit, I simply rode out at 15kmh with no more snatching or jerkiness. Throttle transitions from trailing to just a touch of power are smooth, precise and easy. On the first day of the ride, I took my mother up a mountain, with the final kilometre a steep, eroded, rocky trail. My 1200GS needed 30kmh in first to make enough torque to pull up this trail when loaded up. The 1400 handled it between 15-20kmh, smooth and steady. On the road, the extra punch in the midrange is immediately obvious. I have laughed out loud all over again punting the bike from sea level to 1200m on this trip. I am delighted with the results, and impressed with the quality of Todd's products. The 1400 continues to delight as I discover the range and depth of its abilities. The fuelling mods Todd has made available have substantially enhanced the bike's performance.
I am one satisfied customer.

Stephen

Last edited:
My 1400 has upgraded rear dampers. I have the Lafranconi Sport pipes fitted.
I had Todd reflash the ECU and I have installed the PC-V and Autotune 300. I installed the GT-Rx crossover replacement. I have an open-lid air box. I am currently on a road trip with my 78 year old mother as pillion, and we are 1500km into the ride. Todd told me that I would be happy with the results, but the results have exceeded my expectations.
By the time I had left my own driveway, the smooth response at low rpm was obvious. Instead of feathering the clutch and applying some rear brake to make a safe exit, I simply rode out at 15kmh with no more snatching or jerkiness. Throttle transitions from trailing to just a touch of power are smooth, precise and easy. On the first day of the ride, I took my mother up a mountain, with the final kilometre a steep, eroded, rocky trail. My 1200GS needed 30kmh in first to make enough torque to pull up this trail when loaded up. The 1400 handled it between 15-20kmh, smooth and steady. On the road, the extra punch in the midrange is immediately obvious. I have laughed out loud all over again punting the bike from seal level to 1200m on this trip. I am delighted with the results, and impressed with the quality of Todd's products. The 1400 continues to delight as I discover the range and depth of its abilities. The fuelling mods Todd has made available have substantially enhanced the bike's performance.
I am one satisfied customer.

Stephen
G'day Stephen, nice story.
I've just recently bought all the same gear except for your mufflers. I went for the GTrx Megs. Do you plan to dyno yr bike at all?
Best wishes

Keith

Hello Keith,
We are actually at Mt Tamborine at the moment, just down the road!

Even the run up the 'goat track' side of the mountain emphasised how
good the low rpm fuelling now is. The 20kmh hairpins were all taken
smoothly and easily in first. My GS would have required clutch slip
to make the same switchbacks (both bikes two up and loaded).

I have no plans for a dyno session, but I will pull a map or two and send them to Todd
down the track to check if any touch ups are possible. At the moment, I have not
found a single issue with the performance I could identify.

Stephen

Hello Keith,
We are actually at Mt Tamborine at the moment, just down the road!

Even the run up the 'goat track' side of the mountain emphasised how
good the low rpm fuelling now is. The 20kmh hairpins were all taken
smoothly and easily in first. My GS would have required clutch slip
to make the same switchbacks (both bikes two up and loaded).

I have no plans for a dyno session, but I will pull a map or two and send them to Todd
down the track to check if any touch ups are possible. At the moment, I have not
found a single issue with the performance I could identify.

Stephen
Hi Stephen
Would it be possible to chat by phone as I have a few questions re fuelling.
My email is bayislander63@gmail.com

Thanks
Keith

I had Todd do a Reflash and Auto tune and P/c about four months ago.The bike ran so well I never bothered to put It in Veloce mode.
In the past Veloce mode was just very snacthy and unclean roll on.

So i never tried it until today...Wow its instant clean power everywhere..very Beast like.
Todd I feel very happy to have my bike tuned by you, one of most positive experiences ever.

Joe, my absolute pleasure... thanks for all of the words and posts, and thanks right back at you. Hope you long enjoy the C14 beast-icized... just incredible motors with the flow and fueling corrected, right?

My Experience....
I have a full GT exhaust...air filter and fueling...bike is about 35-40 lbs. lighter. It also has the full
Fueling offerings...once Todd dialed in the map (which was a simple process for him)
bottom end much smoother..mid very large improvement. Top end about the same.
Bike run smoother and cooler...touch test on valve cover.....Rated A+
I have a bike that is now about 660 lbs. runs smooth and strong. I was worried the full fueling mods
would not be worth the expense...I was wrong ........Made a fun bike so much nicer..

MG Mike

I have a bike that is now about 660 lbs. runs smooth and strong. I was worried the full fueling mods would not be worth the expense...I was wrong ........Made a fun bike so much nicer..
Thanks for the post Mike, did we do the air box lid and filter? If not, that's where the last big handful of power is remaining, especially on the mid and top end.

Yes we did......top feels better but I notice the largest improvement bottom and middle...it so much smoother on the bottom and coming out of tight corners....Highly recommended!!1

Todd, i have aftermarket pipes already. A few questions on the reflash? If i get the reflash will I have the ability to have 3 separate choices ? I am feeling that low rpms are rough, I have been predominantly using the touring mode. I would rather not use open box, as i have already switched to K and M filter. Lastly how much work is required by me as the installer if i order?

If i get the reflash will I have the ability to have 3 separate choices ? I am feeling that low rpms are rough, I have been predominantly using the touring mode. I would rather not use open box, as i have already switched to K and M filter. Lastly how much work is required by me as the installer if i order?
Mike, fueling has nothing to do with the Map settings, as they are are electronic power limiting selections to the rear wheel via the traction control... So yes you absolutely will be able to move between them. Corrected fueling makes them all so much more rideable. An open lid airbox is part of more air/more power, but up to you. The only mandatory item is a TPS reset upon re-installing the ECU. Either your dealer or a diagnostic kit like the Centurion-S I offer on the online Store (20% off with Fueling kit purchase).
Installation will take the better part of a day; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...nstall-how-to-for-your-california-1400.13264/
Feel free to write me direct email with any other questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Todd could you give me a total package price in Australian dollars, including shipping for
PC-V and AT300 incl re flash Kit complete. I am needing to smooth out the below 2000 rpm surges
I tow a small laden trailer on some long distance trips.
I have agostini mufflers installed. Am doing perimeter of Aust. soon.
Thank you and regards Calivic. (Victor)
Email : tryio@wideband.net.au
P1020947 size P1020948 size

Back