• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

"Improved" 2015 V7-II Features

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Looks like the V7II will get the new oil bathed alternator, a new 6-spd gearbox, ABS & MGCT (to harness it's raw power). :drunk:

Moto Guzzi has just revealed this new version of its V7, with two-channel ABS and traction control.

The popular retro bike - which is suitable for A2 licence holders - also gets geometry tweaks, with the 744cc V-twin engine tilted forward 4° and lowered 10mm to increase rider leg room.

Both the seat and pegs have been lowered.

It's the second surprise new model announcement from Piaggio, parent company of Aprilia and Guzzi, five days ahead of the expected unveiling at the Intermot Cologne motorcycle show.

A release on the V7 said:

NEW MOTO GUZZI V7 II AT INTERMOT 2014

The Intermot show in Cologne will mark the debut of the new generation of the successful and striking Moto Guzzi V7, christened the V7 II.

An evolution of the existing range, the V7 II contains several significant revisions, in particular:

• 2-channel ABS braking
• “MGCT” Traction Control (Moto Guzzi Controllo Trazione)
• 6-speed gearbox with revised clutch actuation
• Engine tilted 4° to the front and lowered 10mm to increase knee room and to improve the bike’s aesthetics
• Seat height lowered
• Rider’s footpegs lowered 25mm
• As before, three versions will be available;
o V7 II Stone available in four matt colours
o V7 II Special available in three colours
o V7 II Racer available with the famous chrome tank

V7II

If you zoom in the throttle grip, you can almost still see the long cable adjuster nut.

This bike really needed a 6-speed, especially at highway speeds. But I don't understand why they need traction control

Since they have ABS/MGCT I wonder if they went to 'drive by wire'.
I would wager a BIG no since the R-b-W 7SM ECU is so large and expensive. The MIU used on the '13+ bike is shared with many of the Scooters (to compare for cost and size, it is quite tiny).

This bike really needed a 6-speed, especially at highway speeds. But I don't understand why they need traction control
Traction control and ABS will be a standard requirement in most all Euro Countries by 2016 I believe. Clearly a global bike is best bet, as they will be getting even the lovely evaporative emissions garbage we have here in N.A., starting next year as well I have heard.

Hi All:

Was about to buy a 2014 V7 Special, my first bike and saw this press release. Any speculation on a North American release? Supposed to be in Europe in November but we just got the 2015 V7 Stone, other models not even out yet. Timing seems odd. To me either it'll be released here next year or as a "new model" with a bigger price tag otherwise it may canabalize 2015 non V II sales. Like the lower seat, 6 speeds and ABS. Don't think traction control is all that necessary. Big question . .. Wait or not? Its practically winter here in New England but I definitely want a bike for Spring and Summer. Thoughts?

No bike now and don't want to wait a year. Suppose I could buy now and upgrade but will get killed in trade. . . Oh well, now I have a decision to make. Went back to school as a second career and just completed training. Now that I have a good paying job again thought I'd finally buy myself a motorcycle, something I've wanted for years.

No bike now and don't want to wait a year. Suppose I could buy now and upgrade but will get killed in trade. . . Oh well, now I have a decision to make. Went back to school as a second career and just completed training. Now that I have a good paying job again thought I'd finally buy myself a motorcycle, something I've wanted for years.

Why not buy a used Breva 750cc or a used V7 for now and trade it in on a V7 II later when they're available?

Great point MotoGeezer. The only thing that might be nice is the 6 spd/clutch responsiveness. Don't care about the rest. Dealer in my area has a 2014 special. Since the 2015 should be out soon, should get a discount on the bike and Guzzi financing 2.99 or 4.99 based on loan term. But I'll take a look. May be able to get a steal and trade up. Thanks for the advice!

You can still break the rear tire loose if their is a layer of sand or the road, or after a light rain that has not yet washed the oils off. Traction control will be good to help keep inexperienced riders safe.

Feedback from some journo friends on the V7 II Press Event going on now... " the new gearbox is like a swiss clock."

I like the Stone in silver or red and the Special in red or blue (more the red) I am not a fan of the fork gators but reading the suspension comparisons with the Racer if I bought one I'd have the forks and shocks off for upgrades shortly after purchase. I'll be watching the pricing and my finances. Hard to justify buying another bike when I only put 300 miles on my PC800 and 1000 miles on my V-Strom this year but I did put almost 9,000 miles on the California 1400.

Back