• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Cal-14 Exhaust

Thanks for the post Todd..I am now trying to decide polished or black.
Are the "DB" killers removable?

Thanks
Mike

Wow! I'm convinced. Time for a telephone conversation. What's the best number to call you on? Cheers, Lee
Lee, since you're in London, the Chat Feature at the bottom of any of the Store pages, or email is best.

Yep, you've got my email details as well Todd. Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers, Keith

Thanks Keith, email coming at you.

Thanks for the post Todd..I am now trying to decide polished or black.
Are the "DB" killers removable? Thanks, Mike
My pleasure Mike, happy to be of help with a decision, and yes the db-killers are removable. I'll reach out direct email to the the email on your account here, or ping me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Lee, since you're in London, the Chat Feature at the bottom of any of the Store pages, or email is best.
The main thing I wanted to discuss, is whether the sleeves could be chrome plated before all the components are assembled. I'd really like to match the finish of the heat shields, so visually there's a natural flow. I guess the sleeves are probably alloy and I don't know whether it's possible to chrome plate, please advise. One other question, I assume the ride by video was with the db-killers in? Thanks, Lee

The main thing I wanted to discuss, is whether the sleeves could be chrome plated before all the components are assembled. I'd really like to match the finish of the heat shields, so visually there's a natural flow. I guess the sleeves are probably alloy and I don't know whether it's possible to chrome plate, please advise. One other question, I assume the ride by video was with the db-killers in? Thanks, Lee
The muffler bodies are stainless steel, and not sleeves. I can check into chrome plating costs, but I think polished would give you the same result you're looking for... and it's stainless and not chrome. :mm:
Yes, the video is with the db-killers in. In my experience, the sound and performance is better with them in. I don't believe anyone would find them favorable with them out. They are quite healthy sounding in person with them in.

The muffler bodies are stainless steel, and not sleeves. I can check into chrome plating costs, but I think polished would give you the same result you're looking for... and it's stainless and not chrome. :mm:
Yes, the video is with the db-killers in. In my experience, the sound and performance is better with them in. I don't believe anyone would find them favorable with them out. They are quite healthy sounding in person with them in.
So, do you think the stock heat shields and header pipes are polished stainless steel and not actually chromed? Lee

So, do you think the stock heat shields and header pipes are polished stainless steel and not actually chromed? Lee
Sorry, no, the heat shields are chromed steel. My entire muffler assembly is stainless. If it's polished, I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference for the added expense of chroming, but I can look into it and let you know if you prefer.

Sorry, no, the heat shields are chromed steel. My entire muffler assembly is stainless. If it's polished, I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference for the added expense of chroming, but I can look into it and let you know if you prefer.
Yes, please let me know the extra cost. I think they'd be perfect chromed. Thanks, Lee

The sound from the mufflers on the video are perfect. I wouldn't want them any louder. What's the db measurement static at 4500rpm? Yes, please let me know the extra cost. I think they'd be perfect chromed. Thanks, Lee
The sound is about perfect for sure... this muffler design (muffled reverse cone meg) is very deceptive. It's very deep and authoritative *without* the harshness of most other versions on the market. Static close range @4500 RPM is 93-96db.
I'll get you a chromed cost direct email.
p.s. I moved/merged the posts to this muffler topic.

Lee, I'm pricing to have it chromed, but the first guy I spoke with said he doesn't chrome stainless, and suggested I just polish them. I'll keep asking and let you know.

The sound is about perfect for sure... this muffler design (muffled reverse cone meg) is very deceptive. It's very deep and authoritative *without* the harshness of most other versions on the market. Static close range @4500 RPM is 93-96db.
I'll get you a chromed cost direct email.
p.s. I moved/merged the posts to this muffler topic.
Thanks Todd, I can't wait to get the parts. However it's important to me to match the finish, so I hope you'll find someone to help with the chrome. Cheers, Lee

Hello Todd,

I guess I am going with the polished look. (what a tough decision)
I do not see an option to pick that set just the brushed look. Also do you have the airbox/filter setup
completed. I will be ordering the mufflers this week.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Todd, I can't wait to get the parts. However it's important to me to match the finish, so I hope you'll find someone to help with the chrome. Cheers, Lee
I should have more on Monday my time with a definite answer and cost if it's a go.

I guess I am going with the polished look. (what a tough decision)
I do not see an option to pick that set just the brushed look. Also do you have the airbox/filter setup
completed. I will be ordering the mufflers this week.
Thanks in advance Mike, I have the options online now; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-cal14-megs/
The air box lid is not yet completed, but you can either trim your stock lid, or I can send you a stocker for pretty cheap already modified.

Please include the modified airbox lid in my list of stuff Todd.
Thanks.
Certainly will. Contact me direct email, and we'll get you going; Todd at GuzziTech.com

I should have more on Monday my time with a definite answer and cost if it's a go.

Thanks in advance Mike, I have the options online now; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-cal14-megs/
The air box lid is not yet completed, but you can either trim your stock lid, or I can send you a stocker for pretty cheap already modified.
The stock modified sounds OK by me. I am not presently able to do the ECU map. Should I hold off on the air filter and airbox map?

Thanks..

The stock modified sounds OK by me. I am not presently able to do the ECU map. Should I hold off on the air filter and airbox map? Thanks..
Mike, issued this here... I would wait until you can do the fueling mods first.

Back