• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

front wheel removal, 2013 V7 Stone

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi,

Any tips on removing the front wheel? I have the bike lifted off the ground, the caliper unscrewed, and the pinch bolts loose. Trying to figure out what's next...special tools, etc? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

ahhh, I didn't realize there was a hex socket on the right side because it had a rubber plug in it. I was wondering what the hell was up. :)

I figured that out myself today and, guess what, although I have tons of spanners I dont have one for a hex socket.
never had a bike with hex sockets before :rolleyes:.
need to go to shop first thing tomorrow before I can resume.

I figured that out myself today and, guess what, although I have tons of spanners I dont have one for a hex socket.
never had a bike with hex sockets before :rolleyes:.
need to go to shop first thing tomorrow before I can resume.

Most local shops won't have the 14mm hex bit for the front. Maybe a Napa store. I ordered off amazon.

Wait, you're in Munich so you can probably ignore what I just said about not getting it locally. :)

Last edited:
In a pinch, a "tool" can be made for this from a 14mm head bolt, and a couple of nuts on it to use a socket on, or file the sides to use a wrench...

Your took kit that came with the bike should have a 14 mm hex stub for this. Take a look.
Also, I used some aluminum hex bar a while ago to make a lightweight tool for when I travel. Every ounce/grams counts!

Your took kit that came with the bike should have a 14 mm hex stub for this. Take a look.
Also, I used some aluminum hex bar a while ago to make a lightweight tool for when I travel. Every ounce/grams counts!

Dude, my dealer must've shafted me because my tool kit was the saddest thing I've ever seen: few allen keys, shitty plastic screwdriver and and a preload wrench.

Maybe I should carry more tools with me when I ride. I always like to have zip ties and a tire plug kit for the tubeless though.

Dude, my dealer must've shafted me because my tool kit was the saddest thing I've ever seen: few allen keys, shitty plastic screwdriver and and a preload wrench.

Maybe I should carry more tools with me when I ride. I always like to have zip ties and a tire plug kit for the tubeless though.
Ha! Minimalist tool kits seem to be all that MG supplies these days. Mine is like what you got.

While you are building up a tool kit, you need to add the hex key for the bolt that secures the gas tank. That key is another one that is missing but will be invaluable if you ever need to take the tank off to trouble shoot a problem.

Speaking of tool kits, I ended up adding a soft bag and a small hard case to carry all my tools. I feel like if I have the right tool, then perhaps I'll never need to use.

I.e. you always seem to need the tool you don't have.

I'll post a picture of my tool box, later, this evening.

Here's a photo of my tool box, mounted under the luggage rack.

15286277988_24c51c7c44_m.jpg

Tonight I'll post closer pictures, and more of them. Essentially I took an aluminum circuit board box, such as made by Hammond, and mounted it to the rack with rubber coated electrical clamps. The box end is opened with a Phillips screwdriver. The boxes come in many sizes, so I was able to get an exact fit.

http://www.hammondmfg.com/1455.htm

Brian, clever point. I have a small soft bag that I keep the Phillips screwdriver in.

Here's some more pictures. Let me know if you need details.

15459628406_d368412299_m.jpg
15296158687_200fc6396e_m.jpg
15296016280_31229fcfca_m.jpg

Brian, clever point. I have a small soft bag that I keep the Phillips screwdriver in.

Here's some more pictures. Let me know if you need details.

15459628406_d368412299_m.jpg
15296158687_200fc6396e_m.jpg
15296016280_31229fcfca_m.jpg

Looks nice. Nice work. I was going to maybe use the space where the EVAP canister was to hold a small tool bag.

I thought about that space , but it seemed too difficult to make work. i thought maybe a replacement canister to store stuff, but in the end it didn't seem easy.
If you figure it out, let me know.

Back