• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi Steve riders hill

duc

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
Hey he would not say anything but thought anyone needing service on there Guzzi's in that area
remember Steve works commission it don't pay when there is no work.Keep Guzzi steve working he is tne best and a great guy.

Gratuitous shot of my '70 Ambo (Johnny Cash)...
duc said:
Hey he would not say anything but thought anyone needing service on there Guzzi's in that area
remember Steve works commission it don't pay when there is no work.Keep Guzzi steve working he is tne best and a great guy.
Absolutely !!
The guy is a guzzi encyclopedia !! Rider's is VERY fortunate, and so are we !

Attachments

• DSCF5172.JPG
    DSCF5172.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,684
Thanks all for the kind words, but unfortunately they decided to get rid of me. Their loss, they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel. If you need work done, keep me in mind.
For those w/GT-RX reflashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, I do have this set-up on my puter for installation and adjusting. Was trying to promote this set-up for best running Guzzi's
You can reach me here through messages or on WG through a PM, thank you for your support.
Steve

Steve, sorry to hear this, but seems to be status quo these days. Drop in often if you can, and I'll keep sending folks your way in the Southeast area. Head up.

V700Steve said:
........ they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel.
Steve

Well, there goes another dealer...WTF?? What kind of business move is that?
Sorry to hear that Steve :( :(
We need more of you guys, not less!
Is Ian gonna go as well?
Errrrrrrrrrh!

Steve, I'm sorry to hear they let you go. I really appreciated you staying late one day back in the spring to get my Breva 1100 in top running condition.

Thanks,
Phil

The good news is, Steve will still work on your bike -- only cheaper than the dealer. He just perfected my Griso -- and taught me some basic maintenance skills in the process.

jim dodge said:
Does anyone have a contact for guzzisteve?
He's V700Steve above. Direct email; Iguzzisteve at aol.com

Pascal said:
V700Steve said:
........ they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel.
Steve

Well, there goes another dealer...WTF?? What kind of business move is that?
Sorry to hear that Steve :( :(
We need more of you guys, not less!
Is Ian gonna go as well?
Errrrrrrrrrh!

Regardless of the situation between Steve and Riders Hill they, Riders Hill is, and will remain to be, an excellent place to do business. Also a great place to hang out and chat with other like minded riders over a coffee or a bite from their cafe.

Paul

LOL, funny I talked to David at sales today and he said the place is changing ownership as well with less inventory...
How can you be so sure that it will remain an excellent place to do business?

While on the phone, I asked to talk to the mechanics and asked if the later roller tappet set up would retrofit on my 09 Griso without messing with the heads and all... "Let me do some research and I'll call you back in a couple of days" was the answer I got, lol. That's just great!
Steve would f**** know that answer, mmmmkay.
So there goes the "Still an excellent place to do business" concept.

Now Steve might be a pain as an employee or whatever, we'll never know but you can't replace knowledge with BS stories.

Even the best intentions/money make life impossible sometimes... you know how to make a million in the Guzzi business? Start with two million.
:pinch:

I'm aware that having skills doesn't mean that you're the easiest person to deal with and in fact, some skilled people can become full of themselves and become pricks to anyone that work with them regardless of ranks etc...
The opposite is also true, co.workers can be abrasive/jealous towards someone with knowledge and make the working place a nightmare.
I could be wrong but I don't think that Steve was into either of those scenarios.
He said they wanted cheaper labor and I kinda believe that, not a rare move from employers but a mistake IMO.

Anyway my tappets went to shat last week and I'm on the fence on how to go about fixing the bike...
I need infos first.

Just adding to Todd's comment on how to make a small fortune out of a motorcycle business, start with a large fortune.

The story below makes for an interesting read, apart from the success with HP.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwR1100.html

Scroll to the bottom and read the section in italics, OUCH!

Thanks for the read ghezzi.
I have a somewhat similar experience with custom work that I do for people that turn out to be idiots...
As soon as I start any job, the meter start running too. I ain't working for free.

Thanks all for the kind words, but unfortunately they decided to get rid of me. Their loss, they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel. If you need work done, keep me in mind.
For those w/GT-RX reflashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, I do have this set-up on my puter for installation and adjusting. Was trying to promote this set-up for best running Guzzi's
You can reach me here through messages or on WG through a PM, thank you for your support.
Steve
Well Steve, it's Norm Brown and I've done it again. Went to check the TPS and now I have no power - none. Any ideas? anyone?
N

I can vouch for RB Racing. I had an H-D Sportster that I built into a cafe racer and ordered RB's custom exhaust in black. Fit perfectly and made surprising power gains. It also was very, very loud!

Norm

Back