• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi Steve riders hill

What no power? To start? or no hp? I would check ign switch.
No lights, no fuel pump, nothing. I was "probing the TPI and wonder if I touched 2 wrong wires. Something new I discovered yesterday is that all of the under seat fuses (15 amp) have power on both sides of the fuse except one (the 4 way?) If you remove the fuse it has power to one side (normal), if you put the fuse back in, it has no power on either side. The fuse is fine. Is there a master fuse on these things or...................
N

Why were you probing the wires? You can't do anything with a meter.

You state power on both sides of the fuses. Is that with the Key ON? You really need to give all conditions when you state observations. You know the state of all controls, but we don't unless you tell us.

If key was on the ON position, you won't have lights unless you are talking instrument lights. Do instrument needles swing when you turn the key on? I'm suspecting the main or auxiliary injection relay. See Car's schematic in the resources section.

Why were you probing the wires? You can't do anything with a meter.

You state power on both sides of the fuses. Is that with the Key ON? You really need to give all conditions when you state observations. You know the state of all controls, but we don't unless you tell us.

If key was on the ON position, you won't have lights unless you are talking instrument lights. Do instrument needles swing when you turn the key on? I'm suspecting the main or auxiliary injection relay. See Car's schematic in the resources section.
I was checking the TPI setting - it went badly out of whack a few years ago. I'll have to check the key on/off fuse power this AM and get back to you. No needle sweep, no headlights or anything else I can hear or see.

I was checking the TPI setting - it went badly out of whack a few years ago. I'll have to check the key on/off fuse power this AM and get back to you. No needle sweep, no headlights or anything else I can hear or see.
Relays(?) have center pin on with key off and one of the other 2 with the key on - except # 2 on the left side. Tried swapping relays with no change.Fuses: starting with #6 marked fuel pump,1 &2 light up with key off. All others light up with key on but when fuse gets inserted in # five, there is no power on that connection on either side. Remove the fuse and power comes back. No fuse blows and all are 15 amp. I also heard a low buzzing noise coming from under the seat area with the key on. I'm a pretty decent mechanic (except for FI), but I'm old and starting to get a little dimentia going on (at least that's my excuse).
N

Norm, I believe it is time to take it to a dealer. The TPS can only be set with software as there is no mechanical adjustment. With no instrument sweep and fuses good you have a problem that has to be addressed hands on, not by forum. To see what is going on with the relays, you need access to know good relays. Swapping them may not solve any problem or lead you to the problem.

Norm, I believe it is time to take it to a dealer. The TPS can only be set with software as there is no mechanical adjustment. With no instrument sweep and fuses good you have a problem that has to be addressed hands on, not by forum. To see what is going on with the relays, you need access to know good relays. Swapping them may not solve any problem or lead you to the problem.
I'm not overly fond of local dealers and I'm not ready to give up yet. I gotta believe it's simpler than I'm making it.
The TPI adjustment on these is pretty easy, just loosen the screws, measure the mlv and wiggle 'til it reads what you want, tighten screws and ride away. I must have touched something in the process (with my shaky old hands), I just need to figure out what and where that damage went.
Norm

Since you didn't state the bike you have, I made the assumption it was a CARC bike. Apparently not. Please let us know which bike you have. In the resource section Carl has provided excellent schematics. Find the one for you machine and troubleshoot from there.

Since you didn't state the bike you have, I made the assumption it was a CARC bike. Apparently not. Please let us know which bike you have. In the resource section Carl has provided excellent schematics. Find the one for you machine and troubleshoot from there.
Sorry, I originally was looking for Steve and he knows what the bike is. 1997 V10 Centauro.
I have wiring diagrams and a shop manual, but............
Years ago, Steve suggested the TPI be set @311 to be slightly richer than stock (308.5). As I remember.
Norm

Norm, The Havens were kind enough to post a chart of voltages to degrees. It includes information on the Centaro. Also Carl's schematics are easier to read than the ones in the factory manual. You can compare the Centaro specification for degrees open to the chart. Here is the chart for reference.

Attachments

• TPS_Chart.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 3
Hey Steve I stopped by the new dealer this week and was happy to find out you are there on Saturdays. You've worked on my Breva 1100 before at Riders Hill. Anyways, I'm expecting any day the full fueling/ECU kit from Todd. Gonna need for you to put her on the computer.

Thanks all for the kind words, but unfortunately they decided to get rid of me. Their loss, they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel. If you need work done, keep me in mind.
For those w/GT-RX reflashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, I do have this set-up on my puter for installation and adjusting. Was trying to promote this set-up for best running Guzzi's
You can reach me here through messages or on WG through a PM, thank you for your support.
Steve
Hey i hope this is THE GuzziSteve. My father and I have a 1981 moto guzzi 1000 SP that is in very good condition. Its been sitting for 19 years in a storage unit but we managed to get it to come back alive and turn on in only 2 days. So we think there is hope for it. The battery and spark plugs have been replaced but it still will only start with the use of starting fluid. We've come to a road block and don't know whats wrong and there are no Moto Guzzi dealers in the area. It would be greatly appreciated if you would take a look at it and help us out. Thank you!

Hey i hope this is THE GuzziSteve. My father and I have a 1981 moto guzzi 1000 SP that is in very good condition. Its been sitting for 19 years in a storage unit but we managed to get it to come back alive and turn on in only 2 days. So we think there is hope for it. The battery and spark plugs have been replaced but it still will only start with the use of starting fluid. We've come to a road block and don't know whats wrong and there are no Moto Guzzi dealers in the area. It would be greatly appreciated if you would take a look at it and help us out. Thank you!
Yes, that's me. Seems like I have met you before, town seems familiar. Unless there is more Guzzis over there.

Steve, I think you were experimenting with a Jeffries MyECU for your EV at one point. Did you ever get that working to your satisfaction?

I got it 1/2 done, still have to convert the fuel map part from Tunerpro to nominal number sys that Windows understands. I did the Ign map & it took 6hrs crunching numbers. I work on it now & then. May do more soon again.
I been using a Techlusion fuel box to add fuel for now. Need a Map for Cal EV w/open in & out?

I got it 1/2 done, still have to convert the fuel map part from Tunerpro to nominal number sys that Windows understands. I did the Ign map & it took 6hrs crunching numbers. I work on it now & then. May do more soon again.
I been using a Techlusion fuel box to add fuel for now. Need a Map for Cal EV w/open in & out?

I have a PCIII on my EV. It runs better than stock but I was always curious if it could be 'right', with a better map and that does timing as well as fuel. The PCIII only fiddles the fuel. The MyECU box looked cool but you're the only one I know that even HAS one, let alone made it work.

I been using a Techlusion fuel box to add fuel for now
'Ol Dobeck Tech(nical Il)lusion, self named. It has always amazed me how many in the Guzzi crowd prefer to ditch a Marelli ECU and aim blindlessly of sorts instead of plug and play options.
No offense Steve, wish you the best of luck with it. ;)

Back