• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MV Agusta

francod123

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Image I'm really digging MVs new Brutale 800 RR. The dragster is more bad ass looking but just not as practical as the 800 RR.

I love my V7 and want to keep it but honestly I'm looking for more power these days. It's my only motorcycle too, so it's all I ride. I do want to keep it for around town though because it is perfect for city riding, can't beat it.

I'm not usually into touring style bikes and the like because I'm still a young buck ;), but I think MV is doing something right with the Turismo Veloce 800. It's small but powerful and streamlined, unlike the monstrous multistrada from ducati, which I would never buy.

I just worry about MVs electronics, but I hear their software is vastly improved presently compared to even a year ago.

I had a deposit on a 675, then moved it to the 800 Rivale, and now moved it to the Turismo. The fueling/electronics are the same as Guzzi/Marelli. Other then the same annoyances you'll have with Guzzi, I'd say go for it.

I had a deposit on a 675, then moved it to the 800 Rivale, and now moved it to the Turismo. The fueling/electronics are the same as Guzzi/Marelli. Other then the same annoyances you'll have with Guzzi, I'd say go for it.

Good to know Todd. Yea, I like how they're giving you smaller bikes with 800cc engines but with tons of power/performance.

The turismo veloce 800 is not what I typically go for as far as class/segment, but I really like it because it still is svelte and sporty. Let me know how you like it when you get it, which I'm assuming isn't until early next year. Have you test ridden any of the other models? If so, what's your take? Speeds cycle near me is now selling them so I'm gonna hop on one soon.

This is a beautiful engine, this 800 triple, and all these bikes handle like a dream. I was especially taken with the Rivale with its riding position and the torque curve shifted lower; if it had a bigger tank I might have traded my '12 1090RR for it, and now that a bigger tank Rivale is coming (and another model, both before the Turismo hits the US market supposedly), I just might.

As far as reliability or issues, the Brutale has been a trouble-free bike in two years and 12K miles. There was an issue with a radiator but it was quickly remedied under warranty. Not a hint of any electric problems. Accessibility of the basic dash functions is another matter -- it is beyond aggravating. How about a combination of four button presses -- some long, some short -- to reset the trip meter? But you forget it all when you ride it.

This is a beautiful engine, this 800 triple, and all these bikes handle like a dream. I was especially taken with the Rivale with its riding position and the torque curve shifted lower; if it had a bigger tank I might have traded my '12 1090RR for it, and now that a bigger tank Rivale is coming (and another model, both before the Turismo hits the US market supposedly), I just might.

As far as reliability or issues, the Brutale has been a trouble-free bike in two years and 12K miles. There was an issue with a radiator but it was quickly remedied under warranty. Not a hint of any electric problems. Accessibility of the basic dash functions is another matter -- it is beyond aggravating. How about a combination of four button presses -- some long, some short -- to reset the trip meter? But you forget it all when you ride it.

Also good to know. Yea, it doesn't hurt that their bikes are HOT. I'm not usually into the aesthetics of modern naked bikes, but the MVs are just gorgeous. Now, time to whisper sweet nothings to my wallet.

I'm with you on the 800 Brutale. I love my Triumph Street Triple R, but when it's time to replace it I'm pretty sure it'll be a Brutale.

Todd, the more and more I look at the Turismo Veloce, the more I want it. THAT is a touring bike I would buy. The specs sound great too. How can you not like it. Not much has been released about it though. No riding videos, no reviews on the major moto sites...nothing.

why the detune from 125hp to 110 for the TV? Simply for more torque?
Marketing mainly I'm betting, unless they really did change the cams. I suspect it's all done electronically.

I love my V7 and want to keep it but honestly I'm looking for more power these days. It's my only motorcycle too, so it's all I ride. I do want to keep it for around town though because it is perfect for city riding, can't beat it.
Have you test driven the Aprilia Shiver? It's worth a look. High rev Vtwin with multi maps.

The Turismo Veloce looks more veloce than touring. The engine, trans layout looks alot like the Guzzi triple from the 1930s.

Speaking with some bias (and having own both) I'd recommend a 796 monster or if you really need extra poke, the 1100.

In all honesty the 796 is the better bike (even compared with my 1100 which had 2-1 exhaust, slipper (dry) clutch, usual cosmetic changes to make it lighter). I'd go the 796 and fit the SC project 2-1, throw away the excess plastic and take it to the track and twisties. Blisssss. Ok, wet clutch doesn't make the trademark rattle but honestly, you will love the new wet clutch action.

The only marque in over 20 yrs riding I have owned more than once is Ducati (3 in total) and that includes all manner of jap, british and even US (Buell) bikes. Kawasaki 750's run a sclose second mind you :)

I just can't get over that desmo sound track and bikes which go round corners better than most other bikes ride in a straight line.

Still love my V7 though, just because it can do all of that without the 1000hp.

Back