• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

dropped my griso

defun

Just got it firing!
rainy day hit my front break next thing I know I was on the pavement. Didn't had much damage as I was coming to a stop with low speed. It has few marks on the engine valve cap and broken gear lever and no leaks or anything like that. What else should I check I am worried about the engine as I didn't had any engine guards installed. Also is there any place online I could order a gear lever. Thanks.

Bummer. Shhh.It Happens. Glad you are OK. This is a G8V I take it? Either way, you likely bent the valve cover bolts, and the valve cover will leak. I'd pull the cover off and inspect the o-rings and bolts. If the hit was hard enough, you may have damaged the rocker assemblies. Have it checked by a good shop if you don't feel good about doing it yourself. I highly recommend crash-bars on the 8V; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/hepco-becker-griso-crashbars/ -- if it's an 1100, same applies as above, with the bolts and paper gasket. Since the valve cover bolts to the head, there's likely not much other damage if the hit was light. Post some pics of the damaged area if you can.

Thanks for the kind words. I have 1200 and I don't think those engine guards will work me. Here are some pics on the damage. I am planning on taking it to my mechanic and get the gear lever fixed and also check the engine for any damage. IMG 1193 IMG 1194 IMG 1198 IMG 1200

Very good, and yes the guards will work for you. I've put them on my RentAGuzzi.com G8V.
Damage looks minor, but looks can be deceiving. See above on my recommendations.

Glad you're OK & bike isn't too bad. When I dropped mine the pointed end of the seat/tail bodywork snapped off right at the front where it meets the tank . I couldn't believe such a seemingly inaccessible bit got damaged in such a minor low speed drop. Replacement bodywork was expensive and the suppliers said it wasn't the first time they'd seen that 'point' snapped off.

Not alone. Look mine:

59315A48-A888-4561-8F89-18D5C7111A0F_zpslyhcqatw.jpg

I had a little crash on mine a couple weeks back. Similar leak. Did your valve cover bolts end up being bent?

Thanks for the kind words. I have 1200 and I don't think those engine guards will work me. Here are some pics on the damage. I am planning on taking it to my mechanic and get the gear lever fixed and also check the engine for any damage.View attachment 7563 View attachment 7564 View attachment 7565 View attachment 7566

Sorry to hear you dropped your bike. If you look at the pic of the valve cover, the rubber grommet under the valve cover bolt is off centre, looks like the rocker cover moved a bit. Bolts are probably bent. Get some crash guards. Well worth the money, even though they may cost more than the parts they are protecting, they save you the inconvenience of having an inoperable bike if you drop it and damage engine parts.

Get some crash guards. Well worth the money, even though they may cost more than the parts they are protecting, they save you the inconvenience of having an inoperable bike if you drop it and damage engine parts.
A customer on my RentAGuzzi Griso had an unfortunate <40 mph slide on it's side a few weekends ago. The HB crash-bar bent inwards and caused significant damage to the valve cover and bolts. Because of this, I'm building my own to offer up here. I should have info this week to post (here), and on the online Store.

Back