• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT-Rx® V7 Scrambler Exhaust?

My interest in V7 exhausts are:

• I'm digging the Scrambler set up and would buy a GT-Rx® version.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I would likely buy the factory kit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd be interested in a GT-Rx® 2>1 high exit version.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
This post is to gauge interest in the new V7 Scrambler pipes. Since the factory won't dare to advertise any power numbers on their new Scrambler system (below), how much interest is out there for me to offer a similar high mount set up in full stainless GT-Rx® style? I could even do a high exit mount version of my GT-Rx® 2>1 that won't burn your leg.
Cost will likely be on below or on par the factory offerings.

Vote above, or post below.

V7 Scrambler

Both would be pretty sick Todd. The scrambler thing is getting crazy huh? My v7 already feels dated...:giggle:

You forgot a choice for "Not interested in scrambler pipes". The V7 barely has enough suspension for the street nevermind actually taking it in the dirt. So that would mean to me that it would be totally cosmetic. I Would not trade in my Mistrals for a set of high pipes.

pretty indeed. Their kits they came out with are attractive I must say. Although, more and more I'm not as interested in these slap-on kits that really add no function, and putting some knobbies on it doesn't make it a scrambler y'know.

Either way, gotta hand it to MG for the new V7s, beautiful.

I took my V7r up the Nate Harrison Grade going up to Palomar. It's a fairly crappy road with a good climb involved, About as bad as I'd want to tackle at my age. The biggest problems were the narrow low bars that kinda lacked in leverage and took away the ability to stand up. With some proper bars it would have been a lot more fun. But recall that I am from the day that nothing had much suspension travel so that doesn't really bother me much as that's what I'm used to. When the long travel suspensions came in I quit riding dirt bikes because I couldn't reach the ground any more! Somewhat knobbier tires wouldn't hurt either. No need for full knobs, a set of Dunlop d616s or Avon Distancias would be adequate for my needs.
Bare

If I wanted a scrambler, i'd buy a scrambler. What has this got to do with Moto Guzzi?

Must be a fashion thing. I don't go to the city so wouldn't know.

I took my V7r up the Nate Harrison Grade going up to Palomar. It's a fairly crappy road with a good climb involved, About as bad as I'd want to tackle at my age. The biggest problems were the narrow low bars that kinda lacked in leverage and took away the ability to stand up. With some proper bars it would have been a lot more fun. But recall that I am from the day that nothing had much suspension travel so that doesn't really bother me much as that's what I'm used to. When the long travel suspensions came in I quit riding dirt bikes because I couldn't reach the ground any more! Somewhat knobbier tires wouldn't hurt either. No need for full knobs, a set of Dunlop d616s or Avon Distancias would be adequate for my needs.
Bare
Mate, if you want some fun off road buy a postie bike and beef up the suspension, fit a set of knobblies. You will love it, no need for anything more unless you spend your weekends on 1 wheel or at supercross tracks !!!

Being an older fly fisher who has made nasty hikes to find "uneducated" fish, a scrambler would come in real handy for me.

I'd get the adventure of riding to the Eastern Sierras along with the ability to ride a good part of my hiking distance.

I would leave it at the top of the ridge where I left the jeep but at least the climb to the top would be easier.

Stelvio's are just to heavy.

hot-springs.jpg

It will only take me a little more than an hour now to hike out. I need frequent "air" breaks and to get my heart rate down below 190.

Back