• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Maps and what's in them

P

PP-1753

Hi Everyone,

Being a tech head from way back I need to understand (from all you gurus) one thing. Our CARC (5AM) ECUs have one or two Lambdas fitted. What would be the effect of disabling the Lambda (in my case I only have one) in a map?

I will have other questions as I get to explore more of the map.\\Thanks in advance and I apologise in advance for setting things on fire... :sick:

My Griso has the Lambda disabled as well as a modified map by Todd. The lambda disable allows me to use a PCV with Autotune (and the wide band lambda sensor that goes with it) to correct the fueling to my desired targets (I can have different target ratios for different rpms/throttle positions) as opposed to the original set up which used a narrow band lambda sensor to adjust fueling to about 14.7:1 whenever it was in closed loop mode, which is a little too lean for good running.
Disabling the lambda and not using a PCV/Autotune and not adjusting the fueling would likely result in a motor that does not run quite right but it would be something of a crap shoot as to how bad or good it ran. It would simply be running an open loop, fixed map and how well that map suited your bike, the fuel you use, and the riding you do, would be a hit or miss thing. Todd may have additional insight on this.

Disable the lambda, take it for a spin. There is a fuel trim value, which is not relevant until you disable the lambdas but once you do, it has an effect. Start increasing the Trim little by little, say 3 or 5 at a time, and ride again. There isn't any way to get precise with this without doing some measurements on a gas analyzer, so seat of the pants feel, popping (or lack thereof) on deceleration, and the amount of engine braking are your reference points. Set it to your liking.

Chances are high that with the lambda disabled and trim value set somewhere on the positive side, you will have a much better running bike than stock. It could be also that your particular bike might need a lowered trim value instead, though that is less likely.

Having got IAW5 Reader and Writer and TunerPro to work now, I disabled the O2 sensor in TunerPro and wrote the file pack to the bike (having saved the original file of course).
The low speed running of the bike was definitely improved but it seemed to me that the fuel consumption was very poor, so, for the moment I restored the O2 sensor to operation.
Fuel consumption is back to normal as is the snatchiness.

turning off the sensor will be an improvement in the lower part of the fueling, if you have acess to an exhaust gas analyzer set the co trim to give about 3-4% co, you need to also need to go to the actors and clear the old codes.

I have on occasion I have tried to reinvent the simple wheel, on ECU MAPS Todd has balanced and trued the wheel! Send him you ECU, and he sends you a MAP installed in the ECU that you know will not toast the engine and it works great! Money very well spent!

Back