• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 1400 Bar Options

roadventure

GT Reference
I ordered the lower shields and touring handle bars.

I am interested in how the touring handlebars works out for you. I too, may be wanting the touring bars, when my Custom arrives and am curious about whether I will need new brake/clutch hoses and new throttle wires.

The new bars are at the dealers and will probably get installed next week. AF1 web site indicated new hoses are needed. My dealer measured and said the are not. I'll let you know who's right.

I replaced my bars with the touring bars soon after purchase. All lines had to be replaced. The difference the new seating position makes though is well worth it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 51
I replaced my bars with the touring bars soon after purchase. All lines had to be replaced. The difference the new seating position makes though is well worth it.

Did YOU do the replacement or did you pay a dealer? My interest is in bleeding the brakes/clutch. I have done this many times, but never on a bike with ABS. Just curious about any special procedures or tools needed....

The new bars are at the dealers and will probably get installed next week. AF1 web site indicated new hoses are needed. My dealer measured and said the are not. I'll let you know who's right.

Your dealer is right. I put the black chrome touring bars on my Custom without replacing any hoses or cables. The brakes and clutch lines have plenty of slack. The throttle cables were tight, so I rerouted them above the triple tree. The trick to the whole installation is to not clamp the bars down until you have attached everything to the bars. That way you can manipulate the bars to make it easy to attach each control. Best if you have an assistant; otherwise you'll feel like you need three hands. Don't forget to cover your tank with a heavy blanket to prevent scratches if you drop something.

My dealer is installing my touring bars and heated grips next Wednesday. He still thinks it can be done w/o new lines. He is a small shop owner and extremely forthright on avoiding extra costs. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Anyone known the cost of the line replacement?

Longrider, I see you have matching color bags and top box. Did you get them painted, or did you order the matching color parts?
The factory makes color-matched versions of the saddlebags and top case. The last digit of the part number indicates the color code: 1 for black, 2 for white and 3 for mercury grey. However, there is a problem. According to my dealer, some of those part numbers -- mercury grey in particular -- temporarily disappear from Piaggio's dealer order system. Perhaps they are out of stock in the USA and/or not in production in Italy. Apparently there is no way for a dealer to order something if Piaggio's system won't take the part number. I was patient, the dealer kept checking and finally was able to get my mercury grey parts from the factory.

I thought I had seen a set of grey bags on the AF1 website one time so I figured that Moto Guzzi probably offered them in some way (special order or stock items). The previous owner of the bike I bought must not have been as patient as you since he put on the black bags and top box. The all-grey outfit looks good!

I thought I had seen a set of grey bags on the AF1 website one time so I figured that Moto Guzzi probably offered them in some way (special order or stock items). The previous owner of the bike I bought must not have been as patient as you since he put on the black bags and top box. The all-grey outfit looks good!
I'd like to see that grey/black combination. Please post pictures of your bike in the 1400 Registry Picture Thread.

My dealer installed the touring bars on my Custom. What an improvement! He did not need to replace any of the lines.

Azguzzi,

Thanks for the feed back. I guess that some rearranging of hoses and wires might be needed, but it is good to know that TOURING bars do not mean new brake/clutch hoses too.

Only for the style, if they fit, considering on my custom a set of bars from a Bellagio.

Regards

Jeff

The stock Custom "drag bars" were to far a reach for me resulting in pain between the shoulder blades on long rides. Touring bars come back further and eliminate the problem for me.

Back