• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Re: Bellagio mods

Heard the saying, don't look a free gift tank in the mouth. When I dent it real bad, it will be painted matt black, until then ..............................
Todd I wasn't trying to make a V9 replica as in the 936CR, why would I waste 30k to make it look like a 13k bike? All the silly shit (expensive) I've done is because nobody else has the balls to follow through on a design principle to see if it works. We ride Guzzi's because we like to be different, we like to step away from the normal sheep herd clones and be individuals, I just took it one step further.

Now if I had the dosh ................... 916 Ducati crank has same 66mm stroke as Bellagio but the crank webs are much thinner, the whole crank is shorter and it weighs about half.
New billet crank case much shorter, small diameter clutch to fit under barrels. So with a very short engine length, shifted further forward for better weight bias, plus allows for longer swingarm with a shorter wheelbase.
Turn heads 90°, frame consists of two sub frames, fore and aft. Massive airbox in the V, fuel tank on top of gearbox, all electrics in seat hump. Oh, and carbon fibre wheels;)

By the way, anybody got a stock Bellagio/Cali Stone - EV air box to donate for further experimentation?

Working on a slightly different issue at the moment, only noticed after fitting new V7 tank. Have a cyclical vibration thru left foot peg, similar to a tight spot in a drive chain.
Dismantled rear end, inspected uni joints/diff etc. Tried another tail shaft. Tightened engine/exhaust mounts,
Mainly felt between 50 - 70kph, stronger under load going uphill. Pull clutch and coast and it all goes away.
Strongest vibes in 3rd gear, increases with road speed. Still felt in 4th but at a lower tempo.

Cables rattling against underside of tank? Had similar symptoms when I replaced throttle cables on a wee Honda. Drove me nuts.

Hello ghezzi! Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for sharing your build. I've added your Bellagio build to the BikeBuilds.net Encyclopedia.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just shoot me a PM with a link to
the build thread and we’ll take care of the rest. If you wish to add your build personally,
please feel free to peruse our Submit feature. No registrations required.

Al

Well, all this bullshit modding started with a faulty right rear indicator, fixed it for about 20k.

Well guess what, right rear Oxford Nano shit itself dinn'it.
So to fix that I've had to order a 2004 Multistrada 1000DS front end.

Why?
Coz Multistrada forks are basically same length as Cali EV / Bellagio forks.
But my bike currently runs 25.6 degrees of rake, and 72 mm of ground trail.
Ducati triple clamps have a lot less offset, so I get my trail back up ...............
Plus they are upside dunnies, multi adjusters, and will accept my 998R calipers.

Showa forks would have been same on later 1100 model Multi's, but the same wreckers wanted a lot more money for same.
Ohlin forks on 'S' models up to 2002 were the ducks guts, but after that the Ohlin forks had crap internals, so I'm told.
Showa's were a better deal.

Anyhow, now I have to fit to Bella including ignition switch/lock, headlight and instruments, not to mention adjusting the BST carbon wheel and brakes etc.

Preliminary plotting on the 'puta shows a reduction in rake to 24.6 degrees, trail of 104 mm' wheelbase reduced by more than 50 mm, and a weight bias of 50/50 is all possible.

Just playin ...................

wow. All the stuff you've done is awesome. Makes me feel like a lazy cheapskate. I haven't spent half as much time or effort on mine. looks good to me though, and it handles fine, goes great, Love it.

a2_zpseqryjkyn.jpg
a1_zps9gymmhrf.jpg

Show us some more pics. I'd love to see them, as would we all.

Ok, current fuck around. Went shopping for a new front end, chose Ducati because the triple clamp offset is a lot less then Bellagio.
Guzzi 65mm, Ducati 36mm. The change will increase my trail by 29mm.
With close to 60mm raise in the rear from a shock length increase of 20mm, and a 13mm drop in the front courtesy of a 17" wheel,
my current stats are rake 25.6 degrees and 77mm trail, (stock 28* and 92mm).

This thing turns as quick and as sharp as a 675 Triumph Street Triple, but the little trump has the edge in "feel" with more bike and rider weight over the front. Carbon wheels help.

As it turns out, I measured an 1100 Multistrada to have forks about 820mm long (axle centre to top), Bellagio are 810mm.
The forks I got are Showa 43mm fully adjustable from a 2004 1000DS Multistrada, these were half the price of the same forks out of a 2007 1100 Multi, factory specs for both say 165mm travel. However my new forks have no more travel than Bellagio, and are 20mm shorter. :oops:

This means, together with the 17" wheel conversion, the front will have dropped 33mm from stock.
Crunched the numbers ............... 'puta says ...................
Rake will now be 24.6 degrees (stock 28) Quicker!
Trail will be 103mm (stock 92) Safer!
Wheelbase 1511mm (stock 1560) Better!
205kg wet weight, bias 51% front -49% rear (stock - dunno)

Ignition switch mounts and instrument/headlight bracket mounts on the top triple line up perfectly. :clap: Lucky!
Both bikes have stem lengths the same. One small bracket on the bottom clamp required for headlight bracket.
Will need a new stem though as bikes require different bearing sizes.
Change wheel bearings in the RS250 BST front wheel.
Remove my disc spacers and 998R calipers look like lining up perfectly with axis iron rotors.

So far :D

Shit, I need a new front mudguard. :think:

Last edited:
Ghezzi. I love what you've done. You have really gone your own way, created a truly unique bike, but man,..... you are extreme!

If I were you I'd have bought a bike that was a bees dick from what you wanted, kept your mods simple and kept the spirit of the bike. It would be cheaper, easier, not so challenging, perhaps not so rewarding, but hey. who am I to talk. You're pushing the boundaries of what a Bellagio can be. That's a great thing. Glad its you and not me.

Please don't read this comment as critical. Just evidence that I'm not as talented, visionary, technically proficient (or cashed up) as you. (I'm lazy. I just buy or chrome shit and put it on my bikes.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. POST MORE PICS ! We'd all love to see them. Love your bike.
Bob.
P1020305_zpskbozobqx.jpg

Well, there aint nuttin on the market I want, out of 40+ bikes two have stood out.
Bang for buck .............. RD350LC and Ducati Hypermotard 1100S.
2009 I sold the Ducati to build a better 2 stroke, Aprilia RS250 chassis with RZ motor bored and stroked to 485cc.
2011 needed a ride bike instead of never ending project, I have Maranello marrow in my bones and while that Ducati was a hoot the engine was the wrong way round and it had a chain thingy attached.

So I bought a Bellagio and along the way have made a few minor improvements, RS485 is still waiting my undivided attention.

I don't count money, haven't got any, just like engineering improvements and the enjoyment it brings when riding.

Doctor says I've got OCMD.

Love that red chrome look, I intend to have my chrome tank painted over with the latest metalic Mazda red, ....... one day.
Bob, calculated the other day I've only spent the equivalent of "2 packets of cigarettes per week", over the past 5 years. The stock Bellagio is a bees dick from what I want and need in a Guzzi, the 66 mm stroke is the heart of the matter. Everything else is just a minor adjustment for a slight (?) improvment.

Meanwhile just been measuring and weighing bits, bottom yoke has been sent off for a new spindle to suit Guzzi bearing sizes. Same length smaller diameter.

Allowing for different thickness top yokes and shorter forks, front of the bike will drop another 18mm. That's on top of the 13mm when I dropped from 18" spoke to 17" carbon wheel. As wheel is 3.75" wide (not 3.5"), I will have to remove brake pads to fit and remove calipers. Ducati disc spacing is narrower than Guzzi, I had used 6.7mm spacers behind the discs previously, now discarded.

I have always wanted to compare weights between conventional and upside down forks.
A 43 mm Showa (Ducati upside down) fork is 230 grams lighter than a 45 mm Marzocchi (Guzzi conventional) fork.
Interestingly, when weighed each end (horizontaly), the lower un-sprung portions are almost identical.

Total weight saving will be around 2kg as Ducati yokes and axle are also lighter.

Back