• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge 2V: Fuse D keeps blowing!

wallycycle

Tuned and Synch'ed
2007 Norge. Fuse D (15A) in the auxiliary fuse block blows. It's fed by the 30A fuse in the Main Fuse block by the battery. Fuse D supplies four primary things according to my shop manual. I've checked all the relays and obvious stuff short of tracing every conductor to every using unit to find the short. Don't know if related but the Neutral light stopped working a few miles before the motor died. No start with this fuse blown. Dash show ECU with a "power cord disconnect icon" which makes sense as one of the things this circuit feeds is the ECU.

Was just wondering if anyone has ever had this occurrence and could give me a hint as where I should look to save me some busy work.

Thanks in advance!

Does the fuse blow always or only when the key is switched on? Also, is the blowing of the fuse affected by the position of the emergency stop switch on the RH handlebar control?

Fuse blows immediately when turning on the ignition. I'll check if it makes a difference if the emergency stop switch is in run or stop when I turn the key. Will check soon as I get home.

Thank you

I had a similar problem on my 1100 Griso. It turned out to be a wire that had rubbed through the insulation and was shorting out aginst the frame. I found the short by loosening the hasrness and moving it around until the fuse blew, that gave me a aproximate loacation of the short, then I was able to do a detailed check of a small section of the harness.

Since it supplies the Aux injector relay, the ignition relay and lambda sensor heater, try removing those relays, and see if it save the fuse. The power goes through the primary inj relay contacts when the ignition is switched on. Pull that and the fuse should not blow.
But I suspect you have a short somewhere, maybe for the reason given above.

And also swap the relays around after locating offending circuit, to verify relay is not faulty.

Thanks for all the replies. Good stuff.

But here's the mystery, I took all the now loose stuff (relays, fuse blocks) that was under the seat during my troubleshooting and put it back where it originally was and PFM, the bike does not blow the fuse when turning on the ignition! Did this step in conjunction with the suggestion / question above if it blows with or without the stop switch in on or off. Have ridden a few times and no problem.

anyway, I'm happy it's running but have no confidence that it won't come back. Sounds like a conductor is exposed somewhere and was touching ground and by moving things around, it no longer does. Jeeze I hate transient electrical problems! Rather have a blown motor. Good thing is I think I can rule out the using units being bad.

thanks for the advise.

Back