• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Mufflers

timothy st.john

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I recently ordered the Zard polished steel racing slip-ons for my Racer, simply because no one seems to have actually heard them in person (that includes the few individuals who have posted about them elsewhere).

They also seem to be a pain in the ass to acquire, which may have contributed to the scarcity of their consideration on line. The Agostini and Mistral camps are very well represented by those that have them, and they are legion. The Staintunes and Pipelines seem to exist only in the public consciousness outside of their homeland.

Interesting also for failing in review, are the LaFranconnis and Arrows which are popular but which don't seem to have received good recording service on-line, and therefore fail to recommend them self. [As a philosopher I'm required to make an accounting of this phenomenon, and have resolved that they must sound good from the saddle, rather than the sidewalk. That's a strong endorsement though if it's true.]

Anyway, my point is that someone has to try these things, and their is profit to me if I manage a unique and desirable Racer in the process, and profit to the community if I post about it in earnest assessment of my relative success.

That being the case, I think it's time to pick up the phone in deliberate pursuit of retail adventure. Thanks again for posting.

I recently ordered the Zard polished steel racing slip-ons for my Racer, simply because no one seems to have actually heard them in person...
Well, you didn't ask or order them from me. ;)
I have sold one set to our friend Bare here, and I have heard and ridden them.
All of the mufflers you mention are largely the same design; Perforated core with fiber-mat packing. Sound from all of them are very similar. My offerings sound better IMO.
My GT-Rx® slip-ons and full systems I offer on my online Store offer some of the best sound and power. There's several posts and reviews online here.
The Arrows are very similar to stock as delivered, as they have cat-cons and non-removable DB-killers. Both can be removed with big effort and expense. I have one set of special ordered from Arrow slip-ons without the cat-cons, that I have put online for sale for anyone interested.
All GT offerings here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/v7-small-block/

Steering off topic... Well, you didn't ask or order them from me. ;)
All of the mufflers you mention are largely the same design; Perforated core with fiber-mat packing. Sound from all of them are very similar. My offerings sound better IMO.
My GT-Rx® slip-ons and full systems I offer on my online Store offer some of the best sound and power. There's several posts and reviews online here.
The Arrows are very similar to stock as delivered, as they have cat-cons and non-removable DB-killers. Both can be removed with big effort and expense. I have one set special ordered direct from Arrow without the cat-cons, that I have put online for sale for anyone interested.
All GT offerings here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/v7-small-block/

Well, since we have wandered off the thread anyway, I too am thinking of either Zard's or Todd's slip ons. I have listened to Zard exhaust on youtube and really like the deep rumble they produce. Todd, what does your system sound like? Any sound clips available? Does your system have removable DB's ?

Todd, what does your system sound like? Any sound clips available? Does your system have removable DB's ?
Which system? Both my slip-ons and 2>1 offer a deeper and more authoritative sound then most all other offerings I've heard. Several here have replaced mufflers mentioned above after hearing and riding my versions. They do not come with DB-killers, as to me they sound about perfect as delivered. Not too brash or loud. "Perfect Guzzi sound" is often said after hearing and riding them.
I'll try to get a sound clip up on the set I have on the RentAGuzzi V7R.

Which system? Both my slip-ons and 2>1 offer a deeper and more authoritative sound then most all other offerings I've heard. Several here have replaced mufflers mentioned above after hearing and riding my versions. They do not come with DB-killers, as to me they sound about perfect as delivered. Not too brash or loud. "Perfect Guzzi sound" is often said after hearing and riding them.
I'll try to get a sound clip up on the set I have on the RentAGuzzi V7R.

Thanks Todd ! Would love to hear what your slip ons sound like. Youtube is the only place for me to hear anything. I am almost 3 hrs from the closest dealer and there are only a hand full of V7's in Northern Ontario. I put a pair in my cart and was shocked how inexpensive it is to ship to Canada........I would also assume that since the system is built in the USA that there is no duty......

Thanks Todd ! Would love to hear what your slip ons sound like. Youtube is the only place for me to hear anything. I put a pair in my cart and was shocked how inexpensive it is to ship to Canada........I would also assume that since the system is built in the USA that there is no duty......
My pleasure, and I'll upload it on our GuzziTechRx YouTube channel first chance I get.
I believe any "motorcycle part" under $1000US is without tax or duty. We ship USPS Priority.
p.s. I forgot Rick posted video of the full system, same mufflers:

After spending months watching videos on YouTube of diffrent set ups for my 2013 racer and talking to Todd I took his advice and bought his 2 into 1 system with his mufflers. I ordered both mufflers for the system so I can have very loud or nice deep sound. There both on youtube to listen too.

Well, you didn't ask or order them from me. ;)
The Arrows are very similar to stock as delivered, as they have cat-cons and non-removable DB-killers. Both can be removed with big effort and expense. I have one set of special ordered from Arrow slip-ons without the cat-cons, that I have put online for sale for anyone interested.

Hello,

Yeah, it was only recently that I noticed that you could get Zard, but I had already undertaken discussions with a importer in Toronto; having failed to easily acquire a pair through west-coast vendors, or either Zard USA, or Zard Italy. It wouldn't have been fair to have someone else post the effort and then transfer the sale to someone else. Bad business for everyone. As it turns out, I'm still having to wait for Zard Italy to ship.

In defense of third part patronage, be advised that I had posted an initial inquiry here about exhausts for the Racer months ago when I first discovered this sight, but no one picked up the thread or responded; probably because I undertook it as a conversation with six strangers, based only on their having the same first name as me. Any way, I had to turn elsewhere for a deliberate conversation.

At that time, I was trying to get an earnest response, minus the obligatory and effusive political correctness that often times retards the economy and utlity of productive discovery, in order to expedite my rapid settlement of the matter. It seems that frank exchanges often unsettle peoples satisfaction with the hobbyist mindset on these kinds of forums though. Recognizing that, I changed my tone to one more conciliatory, and have since been profited by replies.

Timothy

PS I don't suppose you know how to get that ugly Zard logo off do you. That is without a doubt the ugliest font/company crest I have ever seen on a product intended for public display.

I've heard only the Mistrals and the Agostinin's, and dispite being 'basically the same construction', they don't sound at all alike under duress.

Last edited:
Hello,

Yeah, it was only recently that I noticed that you could get Zard, but I had already undertaken discussions with a importer in Toronto; having failed to easily acquire a pair through west-coast vendors, or either Zard USA, or Zard Italy. It wouldn't have been fair to have someone else post the effort and then transfer the sale to someone else. Bad business for everyone. As it turns out, I'm still having to wait for Zard Italy to ship.

In defense of third part patronage, be advised that I had posted an initial inquiry here about exhausts for the Racer months ago when I first discovered this sight, but no one picked up the thread or responded; probably because I undertook it as a conversation with six strangers, based only on their having the same first name as me. Any way, I had to turn elsewhere for a deliberate conversation.

At that time, I was trying to get an earnest response, minus the obligatory and effusive political correctness that often times retards the economy and utlity of productive discovery, in order to expedite my rapid settlement of the matter. It seem that frank exchanges often unsettle peoples satisfaction with the hobbyist mindset on these kinds of forums though. Recognizing that, I changed my tone to one more conciliatory, and have since been profited by replies.

Timothy

PS I don't suppose you know how to get that ugly Zard logo off do you. That is without a doubt the ugliest font/company crest I have ever seen on a product intended for public display.

I've heard only the Mistrals and the Agostinin's, and dispite being 'basically the same construction', they don't sound at all alike under duress.

Sorry about the perceived 'thread offence'. I wasn't actually talking about exhausts. I was explaining my philosophy about why I was purchasing products that hadn't received assent from the 'body collective'. In the future, I will refrain form abstracting quite so much in keeping with the rules of the forum.

I agree with Todd! I've heard his exhaust system for V7's and think it sounds great. I would have ordered it if it came in polished steel/chrome rather than the natural stainless; even though it is a two into one system (as I recall) that has many things to recommend it, but which I think leaves the denatured back end of this version of this bike, one that is trying to be pretty, a little exposed. In my opinion, this look suits a 'tough', rough-cut home-built cafe-racer with taped exhausts and the like. I love the sound though.

How about a chromed version Todd? Its not too late. I'm just now getting the sense, being new to this forum, that you, like me just make things happen as is required. I thought that business profile extinct. In the future, I will explore custom solutions with you, in return for your contribution to the greater community. Keep up the good work.

The Zards are bought and paid for. And because Todd can provide them to the community with some small return in it for himself, I will install them and post a sound clip where it can be easily found. In another life I was a professional musician/singer and producer, so I can promise a good quality clip.

Timothy

PS Hi Tobor (and all you fellow Canadians)! You likely know otherwise, that their is no duty on any motorcycle parts coming into Canada from anywhere, just taxes.

Last edited:
Sorry about the perceived 'thread offence'. I wasn't actually talking about exhausts. I was explaining my philosophy about why I was purchasing products that hadn't received assent from the 'body collective'. In the future, I will refrain form abstracting quite so much in keeping with the rules of the forum.

I agree with Todd! I've heard his exhaust system for V7's and think it sounds great. I would have ordered it if it came in polished steel/chrome rather than the natural stainless; even though it is a two into one system (as I recall) that has many things to recommend it, but which I think leaves the denatured back end of this version of this bike, one that is trying to be pretty, a little exposed. In my opinion, this look suits a 'tough', rough-cut home-built cafe-racer with taped exhausts and the like. I love the sound though.

How about a chromed version Todd? Its not too late. I'm just now getting the sense, being new to this forum, that you, like me just make things happen as is required. I thought that business profile extinct. In the future, I will explore custom solutions with you, in return for your contribution to the greater community. Keep up the good work.

The Zards are bought and paid for. And because Todd can provide them to the community with some small return in it for himself, I will install them and post a sound clip where it can be easily found. In another life I was a professional musician/singer and producer, so I can promise a good quality clip.

Timothy

PS Hi Tobor (and all you fellow Canadians)! You likely know otherwise, that their is no duty on any motorcycle parts coming into Canada from anywhere, just taxes.

Yes - 13% Taxes, aghhh!

Was not aware that there is no duty on motorcycle parts coming to Canada.....now just add that nasty HST and deal with the exchange rate and everything is hunky dory......lol !

The badges are pop-riveted on, so removal would leave two small holes in each side.

I agree with Todd! I've heard his exhaust system for V7's and think it sounds great. I would have ordered it if it came in polished steel/chrome rather than the natural stainless... How about a chromed version Todd? Its not too late.
We can't chrome stainless, but I would be more then happy to have it professionally mirror-polished for you for a slight additional cost. We've done two of my California 1400 systems, and the result is pretty incredible (it looks like chrome, see below. This started out as the same brushed stainless as I show on the Store link for the V7).
If interested, e-mail me direct; Todd at GuzziTech.com

GTRx-C14-2-2Polished2.jpg

I would certainly have the polished look over the brushed ........at least on a Racer. Since we are talking exhaust, anyone have an opinion on exhaust wrap?

I would certainly have the polished look over the brushed ........at least on a Racer. Since we are talking exhaust, anyone have an opinion on exhaust wrap?
The polished stainless cans look great Todd. You need to do a regular job of communicating your proficiency, so that newbies like me aren't required to suffer a term in purgatory before they find out about the full measure of your competency by reading about it on the bathroom wall as it were.

For instance, I knew about your two into one system, but I hadn't suspected that the can was a slip-on that could be had in pairs to replace the stock ones. How much are a pair of your cans polished? People besides me want to know. Thanks for the Zard badge update, though I feared that answer.In hindsight, I'm not altogether sure though that two holes might not be more attractive company logo than that ugly badge anyway.

What is that font called, neo-ugly? Someones grandchildren were kept busy for 5 minutes conjuring up that one. Apparently the company name is made up; its not a family name. It sounds like an comical effect word that was splashed across the screen when the Adam West Batman struck a villain with a bat shaped device from his utility belt.

I really don't know how else to spread the word outside of posts here on the Forum, and the online Store. Take a few minutes and poke around there, tabbed above. As for exhaust for the V7, all of my offerings are online; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/v7-small-block/
It hadn't occurred to me to offer them polished, so general posts on these threads with such ideas are welcome. Or best to just write me direct email (Todd at GuzziTech.com) as I don't always catch every post/thread.
As a guess (I'll confirm in the morning), I think $100 extra for my stainless slip-ons polished, so $699/pair. Once confirmed, I'll post here and update the Store pages.

I really don't know how else to spread the word outside of posts here on the Forum, and the online Store. Take a few minutes and poke around there, tabbed above. As for exhaust for the V7, all of my offerings are online; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/category/exhaust/v7-small-block/
It hadn't occurred to me to offer them polished, so general posts on these threads with such ideas are welcome. Or best to just write me direct email (Todd at GuzziTech.com) as I don't always catch every post/thread.
As a guess (I'll confirm in the morning), I think $100 extra for my stainless slip-ons polished, so $699/pair. Once confirmed, I'll post here and update the Store pages.
Thanks Todd!

Unfortunately, I purchased Mistral canisters before I discovered this forum, and all of the fantastic offerings! I did look at the Zard exhaust, and I loved the shape, but that badge was the only thing that kept me away from them. I wouldn't have something so tacky looking taking focus away from a beautiful motorcycle!
I did have the pleasure of seeing Todd's exhaust on his V7R, and I can testify that they are beautiful! The shape of the reverse cone fits the style of the bike perfectly. I only wish that I would have seen his first!

After spending months watching videos on YouTube of diffrent set ups for my 2013 racer and talking to Todd I took his advice and bought his 2 into 1 system with his mufflers. I ordered both mufflers for the system so I can have very loud or nice deep sound. There both on youtube to listen too.
Can't wait to see/hear those puppies. I'm probably going to have "pipe envy"!

I'll let you ride it too so you can see if you can feel a diffrense with the reflash and pipes. I also did the air filter, fuel filter, and headlight bracket. Can't wait for riding season.

Fired it up for a very short time after getting it put back together and all I can say is wow it sounded awesome with the stubby muffler. The wife loved it too, can't wait until riding season.

Back