• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7 Stone Owner 2013-14 UK

I feel the same way, one of the main reasons I got a V7 was the looks and the fact there are not many in the UK. I had a Transalp 700 but it just wasn't very pleasant to look at!

Oh my! Had the 700 before the NC :cry: what a lovely bike but rusted like a ship! Brand new one from the showroom started rusting in 3 months. Did all of Europe with the Mrs, never skipped a beat but only 5 gears and the rust just did my head in. Claimed 2k worth of parts under warranty for rust. Honda knew they had problem bike hence discontinued it. Otherwise a great bike:mad: it seems it was built in Spain hence the poor quality!!

Oh, that doesnt sound good. I didn't think Honda rusted that much. I only had the 700 Transalp for about two months as i couldn't get used to the riding position (pegs too high, bars too far away) and the hard suspension compared to my 1990 600cc Transalp.

Jorge,

you make a very valid point there... the issue is not just keeping the chrome clean but more like the look of black exhaust. Wrap is an option but then they won't cover the mufflers . I want a full matte black exhaust look if I am honest. I like the Ducati scrambler and sat on one at the NEC motorcycle show in Birmingham but it is too short for me and feels like I am sat on toilet seat with its unique seating position. The look I am after is something like this.. but with stock exhaust because I think I will have to lose the rear foot pegs if I went for these after market cones. I also want to keep a double seat. any views?

View attachment 7792
Agostini's do some black mufflers. Also, I got some more upswept (Mistral) exhausts for my 2013 Stone - I did need to get rid of the stock passenger footpegs, but they can be replaced by the highers ones from a V7 Cafe Classic or Racer.I got a pair off ebay. Problem then is getting a C spanner between the muffler and the shock if you need to adjust the preload. As I now have Hagon Nitro shocks that have the preload adjuster at the top, this is no longer a problem for me.

Folks,

I wanted to update you all with my project to get some matte black exhausts on my V7 Stone. After loads of research and having downloaded the helpful workshop manual, comments from folks here; I decided to get the stock exhaust ceramic coated to a satin black finish. Few companies in the UK offer this service and I found Camcoat from Cheshire to offer exactly what I wanted.
http://camcoat.com/main/

So up the bike went on my Eazyrizer lift and out came the exhausts, headers and H pipe. I decided to do the pillion handle bars, mirrors and headlight ring. There are still some chrome bits i.e the handle bar, fuel tank cap, plastic front and rear indicators and tail light. I left these as I thought the bike would look too black and needed some contrast.
get-attachment.aspx

I am pleased that I will lose the annoying bluish tint which is a pig to remove...

get-attachment.aspx

For those who plan to remove the full exhaust system; be advised that the instructions in the workshop manual suggests that the lambda sensor connectors should be removed however my 2013 Stone does not have these easily accessible and they are tucked away behind the plastic triangle. I just removed the sensors directly from the headers which was pretty straight forward with a spanner.

I am still undecided whether I want to go with a tail tidy as suggested by folks here. I just think that I might lose that water splash protection against the elements in the UK. Maybe someone can throw some light on whether the tail tidy is a good investment?

The next bit will be the semi off road tyres and that's my mod complete.:cool:

I can recommend the MAS tail tidy. I ordered mine from Moto Strada in Huddersfield via ebay. £150 and comes with an LED rear light.

Mistral do a shorty exhaust with removable baffles which is available in black, and it fits with the stock mounts, you just need to flip them.

My bike went from this;

to this:

The chrome on the headlight rim and instrument cluster is going, and i've got some yellow tint film for the headlight. Toying with a set of Renthal Ultra low bars in black

I ordered the exhaust directly from Mistral, no hassle, quick delivery and saved quite a bit over buying it from a UK supplier. They also threw in a set of graphite gaskets for free.....

Hi Tony,

That looks like a beauty mate!! few questions if I may??

Where did you get the short mud guard for the front wheel?

Does the tail tidy have holes for indicators pre-drilled or do you need to mess about with drilling holes.

Is there a lot of technical wiring to do with the removal of the rear mudguard ? can the process be reversed if I decide the tail tidy is not for me?

can you post a picture of the tail tidy i.e the rear of your bike in a different angle?

how much were those mistral exhausts? do they do them in black cause the ones you have are in chrome?

where did you get those handle bar end mirrors?

do you feel a lot of dirt debris splashed about after removal of the rear mudguard?

are those shocks stock? there is some bit attached next to it? I note there is no chrome plate on the shocks?

too many questions!!! but your bike is lovely:)

just an update for all you folks about my Ceramic Coating experience from Camcoat. The chrome bits all arrived ceramic coated although it took an awful long time and a lot of messing about with the company. It took a month which in my opinion is far too long considering you bike is unusable all the time the parts are away.

so here is what it looked like on arrival
IMG 4661 1

some bits were not very well coated but on the whole I felt the job was finished to an acceptable standard by Camcoat.

So I started assembling the bike back together and this was the final result..
IMG 4673 1 IMG 4674 IMG 4675 IMG 4676 IMG 4677

The Guzzi now looks much like how I imagined it to be. I am still toiling over the Tail tidy and scrambler wheels. Any comments will be gratefully received:)))

Thanks, OK I'll have a go at answering them....

The mudguard is an original one which I cut down and repainted. It's plastic so easy to do....

Tail tidy comes with holes predrilled for indicators, very simple wiring. I left the loom uncut so that it can be reversed and the stock mudguard and lights can be refitted.

I'll find another pic of the back

Can remember exactly the price, but around £400 inc postage. I went for the satin finish on the stainless steel, but Mistral can supply them ceramic coated in black for roughly 50 euros extra.

Bar end & mirrors from Corsa Italia in Surrey

No dirt debris, but then I don't ride it off-road lol.... The tail tidy does have a section that sits under the seat, so you don't lose your storage space, or leave the underside of the seat exposed. Mines a fair weather weekend toy, if you wanted to commute I'd leave the stock mudguard on.

Not stock shocks, they are alloy piggyback shocks from Tecbike parts. I chose the ones with adjustable damping for a little more money, but a great product for the price....

just an update for all you folks about my Ceramic Coating experience from Camcoat. The chrome bits all arrived ceramic coated although it took an awful long time and a lot of messing about with the company. It took a month which in my opinion is far too long considering you bike is unusable all the time the parts are away.

so here is what it looked like on arrival
View attachment 8118

some bits were not very well coated but on the whole I felt the job was finished to an acceptable standard by Camcoat.

So I started assembling the bike back together and this was the final result..
View attachment 8120 View attachment 8121 View attachment 8122 View attachment 8125 View attachment 8126

The Guzzi now looks much like how I imagined it to be. I am still toiling over the Tail tidy and scrambler wheels. Any comments will be gratefully received:)))

That looks cracking, you must be pleased with it......

Hi Tony,

Thanks for answering all the questions. I think tail tidy for commuting might be a bad idea. Not sure if you can take your bike in a puddle and let me know what happens:rofl::rofl::rofl: only joking!!!

I am undecided whether to invest in the tail tidy.

I am very pleased with the current look and moreover the performance of the ceramic coating. it makes the bike smoother to ride and the exhaust are almost touchable within 5 minutes of parking after a long ride.

Just realised my avatar is a pic from the rear....

I think you've made your bike your own, and the rear looks spot on. One thing to maybe consider...I fitted the tail tidy knowing I was going to use shorty mufflers. I'm not sure it would look too good with stock exhausts as they would stick out further than the back of the bike.
Maybe fitting a smaller/different rear light would make a big difference?

I think you are spot on! To get that scrambler look I will need shorter exhausts. I have spent a fair bit on coating the stocks so not sure I want to indulge in yet another investment! I think I will stick to the stock rear and maybe a few years later change the look with nobbly tyres and a nice tail tidy:)

Hi Tony,
Your bike looks great.
I am picking up a 2014 model V7 Stone (met grey paint) next week and will be making some of the same changes you have.
One other little change I was going to do was to get the rear brake and gear lever powder coated matt black so they do not stand out so much. I have had alloy powder coated before and it holds well.

Did you need to change the ECU settings or remap when the Mistrals were fitted?
AndyB

Hi Tony,
Your bike looks great.
I am picking up a 2014 model V7 Stone (met grey paint) next week and will be making some of the same changes you have.
One other little change I was going to do was to get the rear brake and gear lever powder coated matt black so they do not stand out so much. I have had alloy powder coated before and it holds well.

Did you need to change the ECU settings or remap when the Mistrals were fitted?
AndyB

I was only just looking at painting the brake and clutch levers...

The bike has had a remap, but as I only changed the end cans I haven't bothered. The air filter is still stock so the ecu should sort it out....

Back