• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Radical Guzzi

Looking great. Love to see detailed photos of rhs, mainly swingarm, diff and tailshaft etc for clearance on 180/55 tyre.

Q. FCR downdraft carbs are mounted in side draft position, any perceived float problems or are there better options?

I'm an engineering techno junkie, favourite question is, "WHY"?

Looking great. Love to see detailed photos of rhs, mainly swingarm, diff and tailshaft etc for clearance on 180/55 tyre.

Q. FCR downdraft carbs are mounted in side draft position, any perceived float problems or are there better options?

I'm an engineering techno junkie, favourite question is, "WHY"?

Once the build gets further along I will post detailed photos. As far as the CFR carbs, your curiosity can be satisfied by clicking; http://www.concom1.de/index.php?type=flat_cr The guy that built the motor, and has done a number of these conversions, tells me; "the carburators working great, very nice reaktion, very short way on the gasgrip to turn. the swimmerbody on the carbs is inclined so it s no problem to mount them in 90 degree position. is called "fallstrom" in german language" His English far outshines my German; on this, I won't pretend to know what he is talking about. The specifics are explained well on the web site. To the question, "why?" if you are referring to the use of carburetors over FI, it is easier to get good results on a modified motor than having to mess with re-flashing the ECU, installing a PC and Autotune + multiple runs on a dyno. On a personal note, FI just doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal (to me) as these carbs with big shiny bellmouths, Regardless of the modern suspension, brakes, digital ignition, and new 8V motor, the bike is meant to be a classic style bike.

Decisions, decisions. I thought I would reach out to the membership to get your views on some aesthetic aspects of the build. Looking only at the angle of the silencer, which is your preference?
AllanE RadGuzzi BExh1

AllanE RadGuzzi BExh2

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote is to match the upswept angle of the frame extension. Can he install that and send more pics for comparison?

Given the pictures presented, I prefer #2 as well. But two things come to mind. First, it is not a fair comparison as #1 has no seat section whereas #2 has the seat section. There is a diagonal line to the bottom of the seat section which #2 almost matches but not quite. It is hard to compare #1 without the seat section. But as is, #1 looks like the muffler has been bent up in a crash and looks to be pointing way to high. It may look better with the seat section. Secondly, it is not my bike and really the only opinion that matters is that of the owner. If there is anything about my first point that anyone takes issue with please see my second point.

Personally, I think the whole thing is not working, you should stop now and just give to me ...............:mask:

If you notice the added frame section temporary mounted to the rear of the top tubes; I plan to have the angle of the silencer follow the flow (line) of that added piece, similar to the photo. There is an H-pipe under the tranny. I feel the header pipes look too long; I'd prefer to see the headers bend, inward, toward the centerline and join a X-pipe under the tranny.
Upload 2015 2 7 20 25 51

Real nice project TryengelI I like #1

I've been holding off on this, but.....I don't see any extra trianglation/bracing of the two rear down tubes to the gearbox, and I've seen plenty of distortion that a well sorted round barrel can do !! I cant to begin to think what a 8V can do to this frame. Hope it doesn't twist its way out of there!!!

I feel the header pipes look too long; I'd prefer to see the headers bend, inward, toward the centerline and join a X-pipe under the tranny.
Something like this then? Compliments of Italia Mass Moto (and this is a 2>1, but a worthy concept):

Yes, a preferred look for the header pipes. I'm vacillating back and forth on this. What I really like is the seat. I am considering using something like this, with a shorter rear fender - in leu of a seat cowl. I like the back-end treatment of both these:
Upload 2015 2 10 10 9 48
Upload 2015 2 10 10 10 17

I've been holding off on this, but.....I don't see any extra trianglation/bracing of the two rear down tubes to the gearbox, and I've seen plenty of distortion that a well sorted round barrel can do !! I cant to begin to think what a 8V can do to this frame. Hope it doesn't twist its way out of there!!!

Thank you for the information. I don't have the experience with the 'Tonti' frame. Radical Guzzi has built a number of bikes using this frame and 8V motors, albeit, I have never ridden one. I know there is added gussets at the steering head. I will present this to him and let you know what he says.

Thank you for the information. I don't have the experience with the 'Tonti' frame. Radical Guzzi has built a number of bikes using this frame and 8V motors, albeit, I have never ridden one. I know there is added gussets at the steering head. I will present this to him and let you know what he says.
I asked Stefan at Radical Guzzi about the frame twisting with all this added grunt. He says he hasn't had any issues. His 1450 motor puts out 135 PS and he claims he has, hitherto, never had a problem with twisting, flexing or anything else. He describes the Tonti frame as a "masterpiece." I will ride the bike for the first time in late May, in Germany. I expect to have the bike here in the states by late June. I have some extended trips planned for the summer and fall. I'm certain there will be a kink or two - one of the reasons I'm traveling to Germany to test the bike prior to having it shipped stateside.

Last edited:

The thick battery tray/plate will help a lot.

There is a thick, machined from billet, battery tray, albeit, the actual battery will be mounted under the tranny. There are photos and videos on www.radicalguzzi.com of the battery tray and the actual mount for the battery.

Back