• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tyres for Griso

Wellll,
I just got my Griso a couple of months ago. I installed Dunlop Q3's last week. I like them.
But I don't have enough info to talk about how well they last.
Now that I have good fresh tires I can finsh fiddling with my suspension adjustments.
Whoo Hoo.
My rear shock is fairly overwhelmed by how much time my wife rides with me.
I have been trying to convince her that this problem is easily solved with enough Cubic Dollars.
But she prefers that I spend money on the V65 for her to drive.

DungeonMaster

Hi,

I managed 7000 km (4375 mls) with the origional Metzeler tyres.
After that I bought a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3 tyres.
The metzelers gave me not that 100% save feeling. They slided a bit to easy, to quickly with me.
The Michelins didn't slide at all iwith my driving style. Okay, maybe very sometimes a few inches...
Or like last week in Italy, when I drove onto the striping on the middle of the road.
But these were a bit slippery, they looked a bit plastic.
The bike slided of the stripes :eek: and went on like a rock...
Also in the rain, they give you a save feeling. I drive carefull in the rain.
And milage? Very, very good.
I have now driven 11,500 km (7200 mls) with them and still going on!! B)

Ad B

I've got about 5000km on the Michelin PR3's now and they feel really good. Lots of feedback in the rain and they grip really well on a dry road. They inspire confidence and I've been pushing them harder than I ever could with the original tyres. I only got about 10,000km out of the originals, but I'm hoping for about 5000 more with the MIchelins.

Hi

I bought my 2010 Griso 8V last year and love it. It came with Dunlop Qualifiers on it but they didn't last too long, so I replaced them with Mezler Z8 Interacts, but I am not getting on with them.

I am running 36 - 42 psi but the front end feel is horrible, further to this the tyres seem to loose 2-4 psi every 10 days.

I'd love to hear what tyres and pressures you guys are running and your opinions.

Grazie
Simone..

I've heard good reviews on the Michelin Pilot Road 4's- might be worth a try. Also, Micheline Pilot Power 3's and Dunlop Road Smarts seem to be well regarded by other Griso owners. All seem to be giving good wear and performance. The Pilot Road 4's are fairly new to the market so it may be a little early to tell with regard to tread life. I believe the pressures you're running are reasonable, but I'm a Griso newbie myself.

I put Metzler Z8's on the front and rear of my Griso 1100 but not being one to push tires hard I'm happy with them. They only have 3,000 miles on them so it's to early for me to really tell how long they will last.

My Griso was Todd's old bike the tire pressures were 33 front, 36 rear. I've kept the pressure the same even though I weigh 225 lbs (and still dieting) . I use a Lezyne Mountain Bike floor pump to maintain pressure as it has the most accurate gauge out of all my many gauges and pumps. I don't think I'm loosing a pound a month.

I used to help coach a High School Mountain Bike team so tire pressures are real important to me. You'd be surprised at how much of a difference a pound our two makes in a X-Country race and unfortunately every rider / course combination is different.

I currently have the Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I have about 7k miles on them, they probably are about done. I run them at 34 psi front and 36 psi rear.
The feel you may be able to improve by adjusting the pressure. The losing pressure part is another matter. There are cases of the spoked wheels losing air, but the cast wheels really shouldn't be. Are you sure you do not have a nail, screw, or other issue with the tire? Also check the valve, soapy water helps to find a leak.
I have a fairly nice gauge, and I have in the past compared it to a known good reference. The race track is a good place for that, the tire vendors usually have a very accurate gauge.

I have about 4000 mi. on a set of Pirelli angel gt's. I run 34F/40R. Very little visible wear and the grip/handling is great imo.
A little pricy but well worth it.

After 60k miles on 2 Grisos I found Michelin Pilot Roads to be the best balance between grip (in wet & dry weather) and miles per buck. The only trouble I had was that the fronts tended to lose their profile and upset the handling before they wore out and rears could go from being fine to completely knackered in a very short time - it was like they wore predictably for thousands of miles but once they reached a certain point they would turn from fine to dangerous almost instantly.

I use Bridgestone BT023GT, lots of grip and hard wearing. Rides well. But be sure to get the BT023GT, not the BT023.

Sinds last summer i've got a pair of Pirelli angel GT and have grown very fond of them. good grip and feedback in dry and wet weather.

Hi,

the original Metzeler tires slided too much and were out in 7000 km (4300 mls).
I bought the Michel Power Road 3. I think (almost) the best.
Good grip and safe feeling in wet and dry, they lasted 13.000 km (8100 mls)!!
Now I'm riding Michelin Pilot Power 3. Huge grip, fast warming up.
I don't know how long they will last.
I hope somewhere in the middle of the Metzeler and Michelin PR3...

Ad B

I've got the Pilot Road 4's on mine. My initial reaction is positive but I don't have too many miles on them. I'll know more after I flog the daylights out of them on the first sunny day of Spring here in the northeastern United States :)

I'm on my second set of Angel GT's on the K1300 and they are by far the best tyre I have ever had the privilege of wearing out.

Michelin Pilot Road 3's; going to the 4's next change. Excellent wear and grip IMHO.

Guys. Thank you all so much for your POV's my Z8's still have enough rubber to get me through spring so I'll persevere a while longer and experiment with some of the pressures you use.
Grazie mille.

sun is coming.......

I can't comment specifically in relation to the Griso but everyone I know who has them raves positively about the Michelin Pilot Road 4's. A mate runs them on his torque monster (GSX1400) and says that in relation to the previous PR3's they are grippier, inspire more confidence, and are wearing more slowly than the PR3's. I'll be putting a set on my GSX1400 when the tiem comes.

The compounds may have changed since the earlier posts on here, but the Z8's on my 2015 Griso stick like baby shit to a blanket! It's my first experience with Metzelers, having been strictly a Michelin man on my Tuono for seven years, but I'm happy with them so far. Mileage will be the main determinant for me. My two cents!

Back