• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 V7 with 4V Heads

Getting close to running this bike. I got the intakes put on, I have an airbox that I made which houses two K&N filters. I duct the intake air to the throttle bodies using the original intake boots and 2 inch scat hose.
The exhaust ports are .020 deeper on the four valve heads, had to stack the exhaust gaskets to get the pipe to tighten up. I am going to see if the exhaust sleeves for the Lario are a bit longer, might need to order some so I don't have to stack up two gaskets..Just waiting on a timing chain tensioner now...I broke mine during disassembly..I will post some pics...

Two gaskets are pretty common on Lario heads.. I'll go out and measure the Lario exhaust sleeves after I hit the showers..

Edit:
Looks like about 1.030"

Last edited:
Two gaskets are pretty common on Lario heads.. I'll go out and measure the Lario exhaust sleeves after I hit the showers.. Edit: Looks like about 1.030"
Yep, that is what I have for the V7C sleeves. Hmmmm. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to mill off .025" from the stud mounts while the heads are getting guides and seats put in. Just something to consider for Todd. Here are some pics.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

After waiting for overnight parts shipments that took five days, I finally ran the bike today. The four valve heads made a big difference in the bike, hard to quantify. The acceleration is effortless now, that is the word that comes to mind. Quite a huge improvement. I need to thank Todd in particular, for flashing my ECU and being a steadfast resource for this build. I literally could not have done it with out his work on fueling control. Thanks Todd!!
Gotta see about getting some videos on here....

No luck uploading a vid
Sorry Mike, I'll have to see if my server can handle video uploads. I mostly post them to YouTube and link them here. If you need help with it, send a note to me direct email... which I still have to reply to your last one.

You got it Mike, looks like she's a real runner now. Congrats!
Thanks Man! Yes, she runs freaking good. Better than I imagined. Big difference through the whole RPM range. A quick note, you can hear the valves pretty loud in the vids. I had screwed up and set the intakes the same as the exhausts, had them all at .006". I decided to check the clearance, and wound up setting the intakes to .004". It really quieted things down. The bike sounds like it did before with the two valve heads.
I gotta say, trying be objective in my impressions, there is a noticeable difference in the power. The torque is still all there, but it just winds up easier, just effortless. Feels like I'm going downhill all the time. When I leave a stop sign, I give it the normal throttle I am used to, then I look down and I'm doing 60 in a 45 zone...like that...
Anyway, fun stuff. Gotta put some miles on now, make sure it's reliable.

So how much of this change in power is due to the Lario heads, and how much to the reflash?
The heads would be responsible for any power gains, and the flash and the fully dynamic PC-V/AT kit would simply allow for the correct fueling. The PC-V/AT are simply a tool to offer real-time corrections based on air/fuel data from the 02-sensor... think of it as a jet-kit for carbs. Only mechanical changes can increase power. I'll be performance flowing the set I install on the RentAGuzzi V7 II. Thanks to Mike in advance for getting things rolling.

Yes, the bike ran a lot better from stock after installation of the PC V and the reflash from Todd. Waaay better than stock.
It will be interesting to see what the Dyno says on the horsepower.
The bike has been a progression of improvements, the heads are just the latest addition.

And I'll add now that thanks to Mike, there will be another V7 with this conversion once the new V7 II arrives; It will go into Fleet duty for RentAGuzzi. The heads are at the machinists now.

And I'll add now that thanks to Mike, there will be another V7 with this conversion once the new V7 II arrives; It will go into Fleet duty for RentAGuzzi. The heads are at the machinists now.
That is just going to be bad ass! Man....

Since 95%of the engineering is done and there is a nice performance increase it makes me wonder why Guzzi did not do this to the new V7.

Back