• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Casey Stoner on the wall--and is that Neil Hodgson?. Could this be the Ducati factory? I've been through Bologna (as fast as possible), but never searched out the factory.

Yes, that's the old factory wall on Via Antonio Cavalieri, Borgo Panigale in Bologna.I had a trip round there in October and got a look at the Scrambler before it was released.
IMAG0081

You might be able to identify this road (likely, you've even ridden it). I'm afraid we're down to two contestants. Anybody else out there who takes photographs on the ride? Post them!

photo149.JPG

Well it looks familiar in the sense that it looks like many of the roads I've cycled and motorcycled down but I have no idea where it is. Now if there was a land mark or something we could recognise in the picture we might stick a chance. Come on Daniel, make them a bit easier. :)

2011 Tourdoonhame stg2 2 I believe I've not seen the castle or been down that road, though I have stayed in the Bruce Hotel and been along many of those other roads a few times. This is probably the A702 north out of Thornhill

I cheated, ;)

You might be able to identify this road (likely, you've even ridden it). I'm afraid we're down to two contestants. Anybody else out there who takes photographs on the ride? Post them!

I keep thinking I ought to stop and take some but that black ribbon keeps calling me on and it seems that to stop is going to break the moment.....note to self ....try harder

Well, I did say "stupid-easy" but, I didn't mean insanely-easy. California Highway 1 is 650 miles long; let's at least narrow it to a fifty mile stretch (or perhaps the name of that bridge). I'd expect that most Guzzi owners in California have already been on this bit (or have plans to do it soon).

photo267.JPG

Big Creek Bridge (1937). It's north of Gorda and south of Big Sur. [36.070117, -121.600374]
I missed this until now. Thanks Dan, it's a beauty and I've done that stretch many, many times. Definitely one of the more scenic stretches of PCH, however North of San Fran is the true gem. Appreciate the post.

Looks like Gen. George S. Patton at West Point, New York. As to the road, I don't know.

Nice try, John,

The statue is similar, but I taught law at USMA for a few years, and that ain't West Point.

Thinking that, instead, it is that of Gen. George along the Route de Bastogne in Luxembourg.

Cigar, Ian?

Bill

P.S. I was on Fort Myer today and thought of Gen. Patton, who commanded that post and the 3d Cavalry back in another Army in the 1930's.

Nice try, John,

The statue is similar, but I taught law at USMA for a few years, and that ain't West Point.

Thinking that, instead, it is that of Gen. George along the Route de Bastogne in Luxembourg.

Cigar, Ian?

Bill

P.S. I was on Fort Myer today and thought of Gen. Patton, who commanded that post and the 3d Cavalry back in another Army in the 1930's.

At lease I recognized Georgie!!

Help yourselves to a handful of cigars.

It is General Patton and the statues is his memorial on Avenue J-F Kennedy on the outskirts of Ettelbruck in Luxembourg.

Well, good. :)

Will be riding from here at the top of Virginia to the US Guzzi national rally day after tomorrow. Will try to smell the roses and take some road pic to post here. The sweeping arc of a route sure looks good on topo, and includes a road or two that others here have no doubt ridden and others have heard of enough to venture a guess.

Best from Cross Junction,

Bill

Back