• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

old stock new griso

'09 flat-tapper here with 32K miles . . . . I'd jump all over that NOS in a heartbeat despite the need to invest in the cam recall service that others have mentioned. These bikes are tanks. Don't think the newer models have appreciably changed the ride esthetic, so enjoy your ride at a fantastic discount.

I'm still enjoying my 2009 griso SE with the flat tappets. As the my dealer ensures me that in case of failure i get the new roler type and only have to pay the labour.

Pulled the trigger. I'll be picking it up in April. Thanks for all your encouragement and sharing your experiences.
Now, final I'll be a full member on this site and actually own a part of this brand. I've been a member here for a couple years now, always observing from the backround patiently waiting for the right time for a guzzi and i guess was worth waiting.
I always had a soft spot for these bikes.
You'll be hearing from me.
Peter

Congratulations. :party: Now you need to fill in your information so we know where you are from. April!!!!! I really hope to do some riding in March but it isn't looking good. Obviously you are in the northern part of the states. Hope you are having the dealer do a total fluid change and battery charge. Don't try to charge the battery by riding the bike. Motorcycle charging systems are not happy trying to charge a battery. They prefer to maintain a charge.

Bike has never even had the PDI done so they owe that from the previous sale, 4 years ago. They also agreed to do a total fluid flush and test the battery, if not holding charge as should they will replace it free.
I'm in Canada, wont be riding here b4 April.

Last edited:
If it did not have the PDI done it is possible the battery never had acid in it as you do that setting up the bike with some models. That would be great and make it even a better deal. Ya done good. Bet you can't wait for April.

If it did not have the PDI done it is possible the battery never had acid in it as you do that setting up the bike with some models. That would be great and make it even a better deal. Ya done good. Bet you can't wait for April.
Suddenly I'm not could anymore, so yeah, I'm pretty excited.

Pulled the trigger. I'll be picking it up in April. Thanks for all your encouragement and sharing your experiences. Now, final I'll be a full member on this site and actually own a part of this brand.
Congrats Pete, so officially welcome to the GT Famiglia and fold.
Be sure to post your VIN# and info in the Registry thread when you have it. Also worthy of note, that I didn't see when skimming this thread, is that some of the early 8V motors had too long of crank bearing flange bolts, hence causing a leak. It's a job requiring engine removal, so be prepared for it if you see a leak and catch it early if so.

Allow me to add my congratulations! Also, two more things to know.

1. Install new valve cover gaskets any time the valve covers come off for a valve adjustment. In the past, I've had mechanics decide this was unnecessary if the old gaskets looked good. But Guzzis will eventually start to leak oil at the valve cover if you try to reuse the old gaskets. And the leak will be a gusher.

2. Perhaps my Griso was the only one, but the rubber O-ring in the fuel filler neck started to leak water into the gas tank when the bike was about four years old. Riding in heavy rain for about twelve hours, enough water got in that the bike would not restart after a gas stop. Thinking I had bad gas, I drained the tank. Nearly a gallon of water came out. My dealer replaced the O-ring no charge.

Thanks again for the welcoming, and all the sugestions.
I will surly have a ton of questions once I get the bike.
I'm already searching the internet for options on flyscreen, fenda extenda, huggers and looking into led healights, and no new bike in my garage yet.
Good thing I have my old cafe to work on till I get the Griso.

I'm already searching the internet for options on flyscreen, fenda extenda, huggers and looking into led healights,
I have all of those in the Online Store tab above here; https://www.guzzitech.com/?s=griso&post_type=product -- for the Hugger I can get a very nice one, but it would be required to remove the swing arm to tap the needed bolts... which is a good idea as you should grease the swing arm and suspension bearings while you're in there, unless you have proof they have been done.

Hi to all.
would it be any risk or disadvantages on buying a brand new griso 8v, never ridden, old stock that has been sitting for years.
And what maintenance or service would it require if any before regular use.
I would appreciate any input.
Thanks in advace
What year? The only thing I can say is watch the dash, the older ones were real bad. Reports of brand new Griso's mainly 1100, the dash's failed on the showroom floor, or within a few thousand miles. My dumped at 10,000 miles.
I am not sure if the 1200 is plegged by the dash issues so far my. Research hasn't shown any.
I have above 30 owners with Dash failures & Stepper Motor failures but as I mentioned I don't believe the 1200 has any issues.
I would take the chance if the price is at dealer cost & all warrentes apply.

Back