• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1200 Sport Handlebar on a Norge?

It will fit - only you will need to obtain the Sport risers as they are quite different to the Norge. There has been a few Sports wrecked in various places, search the interwebbythingy and you might just be in luck. Go for the later 1200 Sport bars (I think 2009 on) as these pull back a little closer to you, the early ones still require a stretch - I have 20mm spacers under mine. make sure all your cables are the same, I would suggest going through the parts lists to make sure the handlebar connections/cables etc are all the same. I am pretty sure they are but don't trust me, I have CRAFT disease.

Whilst not a Norge, prior to my current 1200 Sport I had a Breva and fitted the sport risers and fairing onto. Like Tony said, you just need the risers and a set of bars that suit the riding position you are after. I used the gold aprilia Tuono bars for a perfect (for me) slightly forward position and used these also to replace the in my view oddly angled standard bars on my 2007 Sport. As the cables on the Norge are longer than the sport, you will have no issue with them being long enough given you are shortening the length they will need to be.

One thing you may need to consider is if the new bar position will potentially hit the fairing in full lock either way. That is the only concern I would have.​

Thanks for the input, I wish someone had pictures to see how it would look and if does hit the fairing. before I spend the money for a Tuono handlebar.

My thoughts are you are unlikely to find anyone that has fitted Sport risers and bars to a Norge mainly because the main differentiator between the 2 bikes is the riding/bar position so if someone wanted a more sporty riding position they would have bought a sport, if they wanted more upright then they'd have bought a Norge or Breva. You should be able to do some measurements yourself, go to a dealer who has a Sport and put the bars in full lock either way and measure the outer position, then consider that relative to the Norges fairing. Shouldn't be too hard.

Back