• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

help needed with electronics

bikerdar

Tuned and Synch'ed
hi all i am hoping someone can help me ,over the winter i stripped my 2008 stelvio too do some much needed repairs,(ie cams&followers,powder coating ,etc)everything seemed fine at first engine fired up straight away,lights,indicators,rev counter,interlock system all working but when i went on a test ride i noticed the speedo wasn't working and the SERVICE ALONG WITH THE WARNING TRIANGLE came on ,
back home i tryed to go into the menu function but i was unable too,i scolled the menus ie,heated grips chrono,menu etc but can't get in to any of them ,i have changed the hall sensor for a new unit but still no speedo and have done the checks in the manual and pinned all relevenant wiring at the ecu,the dash and everything checks out but i still have the faults!!
i am now thinking the clocks may be at fault ?
any and all help wecomed as i do not have a dealer here in Ireland.

If the speedo isn't working, then you will get the SERVICE indicator on the dashboard. Is the speedo working with the new sensor?

If the speedo isn't working, then you will get the SERVICE indicator on the dashboard. Is the speedo working with the new sensor?
yeah i figured the service light was down to the speedo not working ,and no the speedo still doesn't work,

i figured the service light was down to the speedo not working ,and no the speedo still doesn't work,
This is still your problem then. Did you replace it with a new OEM sensor?

Go over your connectors. Since it has been sitting awhile, there may be some corrosion. Also if you had connectors apart, take a very close look at those. Since you can't get through the menu, I'd pay close attention to the connector from the LH assembly, and the connections to the dash. Wish I could be more specific but these types of things are difficult to diagnose over the internet.

as you can see i fitted the alloy wheels from the current model but the air gap is still within tolerance

Go over your connectors. Since it has been sitting awhile, there may be some corrosion. Also if you had connectors apart, take a very close look at those. Since you can't get through the menu, I'd pay close attention to the connector from the LH assembly, and the connections to the dash. Wish I could be more specific but these types of things are difficult to diagnose over the internet.

I have been doing this all day today cleaned the connection blocks/pins with ecectrical cleaner and checked for continuity between terminals,i even stripped the l/h switch and checked the current flow ,all the wiring is checking out ok

Sounds like you are on the correct path. Which dash function do work, such as Turn signal etc.?

ok i have turn signals,horn,pocket opener,dip/flash button,rev counter,fuel gauge,temp display,neutral light,side stand light,clock(but can't set time),plus i can scroll throught the menu and volt meter works,all others functions such as heated grips,menu,chrono can not be accessed when scrolled ,if you get my meaning

ok i have turn signals,horn,pocket opener,dip/flash button,rev counter,fuel gauge,temp display,neutral light,side stand light,clock(but can't set time),plus i can scroll throught the menu and volt meter works,all others functions such as heated grips,menu,chrono can not be accessed when scrolled ,if you get my meaning
oh and the signs for bulb fault ecu disconnect etc also work

This one is getting tricky. It just might be a dash fault. In any case, do you have access to diagnostic software (e.g. Centurion) to see which code is tripping the service light? It could point us in a direction to see what is going on.

This one is getting tricky. It just might be a dash fault. In any case, do you have access to diagnostic software (e.g. Centurion) to see which code is tripping the service light? It could point us in a direction to see what is going on.
No john ,unfortunely not,but would be willing to invest in some diagnostic tool if i could get one at a reasonible price ,as i think i'm a bit screwed without it!!!
would you not agree?

This one is a long shot but worth a try. You can try resetting the dash. Disconnect the battery and then turn the ignition key on. Leave the key on over night and then try it in the morning. That should bring the dash back to factory (other than the odometer). It may reset your keys so be sure you have both keys and the code in case you need to reprogram. Nothing to loose at this point.

As far as diagnostics, yu can get the Centurion S from Technoresearch.

I prefer the centurion for its simplicity. I think Todd still offers it in the store.

Other thing to try is to get into the on board diagnostics. I know you said you had troubles getting in but I am sure I have done it (although my memory is fading). You need to access the menu screen before the error pops up. As soon as you turn the key, move the menu button to the left to access the menus. I may have even held it to the left as I turn the key. Don't remember but I do recall it being a race.

Also, in case you do't have it, the code to get into the diagnostics screen is 10695

Last edited:
hi canick,and thanks for the information ,i will try what you suggested but i decided to buy the centurion s that way i can sort problems in the future(i hope ) .

Back