• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Touring Windscreen

zedo

Just got it firing!
I have seen several pics of bikes with the touring windscreen for the Griso and was wondering where people are ordering them from. Erico Motorsports in Denver was not able to order one for me since its a European option.

Thanks,

Zedo

If you mean the larger of the two factory screens, (Which is really the only one that could properly be described as a screen.) I'm sure it is available?????

Try MPH or Moto International or one of the other long term mobs.

In Oz it's part # is

Part No: 977694

And it is described as the 'Windshield Kit'

I've had the screen on my 1100 and it has been swapped over onto my 1200. For me it is ideal as it takes the wind blast off my chest and gut but isn't so huge and unweildy it destroys the lines of the bike or upsets the handling.

If you really ahe trouble getting one I can order one and ship it but that would be plain daft!

Pete

Hello Zedo;

You can also get one from Agoistini in Italy.. it is where I got mine.

Is it any good ?
does it cut down wind noise much ?

I found that the small screen seemed to direct the wind at the helmet and caused quite a lor of wind noise

I have a couple in stock at Moto Intl. It's not officially offered in the US, as it lacks DOT aprroval. Works well, though. Another good option is the Givi A770

I've been tracking my fuel economy since I got it, and I can say that my fuel economy went up as soon as I installed the large screen.
Obviously this depends on the angle and how much profile drag is generated. I have it so the wind hits me at neck height (5' 11").
I now fill up the tank with 260km on the tip metre (around 15L used) - this is in both city and hwy travelling - but I don't thrash the balls off it all the time.

Last week I clocked up 1755km in 20hrs (16 travelling time), the screen works well but still wind is a factor is you intend on travelling above 160 km/hr... I guess if you want to eliminate wind all together a big tourer is the go (eg honda, BMW, Kwaka..) since they can create a bubble around you ...

The plus side is I have attached aux lights (Hella FF50) to the bracketry used for the large screen .... see my thread on aux lights for some photos....

hope this helps....

I've been trying to find good pics of a Griso with the bigger screen fitted.
The pics in the pic thread are small and/or from unhelpful angles, they don't really tell that much.
Could someone post a couple of decent sized pics, maybe one full frontal and one from an angle?
I've seen pics of the Griso and the screen separately, but still haven't been able to form a good picture of what the bike really looks like with the screen on...
Sorry to be so demanding :blush: :p

Hello;

Here is a "FULL FRONTAL".....

DSC01259.JPG

Sorry to ruin your Christmas day :)

This image is actually MUCH bigger than TODD wants us to post. PM me with email and I'll send the original full size.

Thanks Sam! I've been considering a screen too but hadn't found a decent photo of the stock screen to compare to the Givi.

(by the way, your Gris seems jaundiced. A better grade fuel may correct that problem so it can keep up with the faster Black ones:laugh:)

Merry Christmas

Thanks, good pic of the screen but only a third of the bike showing...

I'm hoping for pics showing the complete bike with the screen, I guess my imagination is just not good enough to mentally composite such an image from separate pics of the screen and the bike... :unsure:

Here's a variety of pics of both an 1100 and a 1200 with the factory luggage and screen. Last one allows you to see 'Naked' and 'Screened'.

3076243745_fc753061fc_m.jpg

3076249477_41ebd1284b_m.jpg

3077099300_99d005a43a_m.jpg

3076254991_a06797f753_m.jpg

3070648650_5e9f7bb233_m.jpg

476219371_af107d28e9_m.jpg

476219361_35202f9d05_m.jpg

476219367_9efd48e6d1_m.jpg

401335771_93a1a338f4_m.jpg

411923929_02d30243ff_m.jpg

Colin was unfortunately stolen by the VW shop, Bastards!

Pete

pete roper wrote:
Colin was unfortunately stolen by the VW shop, Bastards!

Which one is he, your mate or the chicken? Rotten behavior in any case. :)

Do you happen to have a bigger/better resolution version of the last side by side comparison? I can hardly tell which one has the screen and which one doesn't...

But apparently the screen doesn't make it hideously ugly, good to know.

Thanks for the pix, folks.

Greg Field wrote:
I have a couple in stock at Moto Intl. It's not officially offered in the US, as it lacks DOT aprroval. Works well, though. Another good option is the Givi A770

Greg, how much are they going for?

some_finn wrote:
Do you happen to have a bigger/better resolution version of the last side by side comparison? I can hardly tell which one has the screen and which one doesn't...

But apparently the screen doesn't make it hideously ugly, good to know.

Thanks for the pix, folks.

Sorry about that. I actually think that that pic is of my 1100 without the screen! Can't remember when it was taken, maybe just after I got it or just before I sold it.

I think the factory screen suits the bike well, Greg's mate Steve had the Givi on hi before he cut an elk in half with the 'G' a couple of months ago and it did the job well too.

Only real way to choose is to get to see 'em both 'In the flesh' as it were....

Pete

pete roper wrote:

I think the factory screen suits the bike well, Greg's mate Steve had the Givi on hi before he cut an elk in half with the 'G' a couple of months ago and it did the job well too.

Only real way to choose is to get to see 'em both 'In the flesh' as it were....

Well, unfortunately seeing them both in flesh is highly unlikely to happen for me.

I just remembered this screen, "Spitfire" by Italian company F. Fabbri. Might work on the Griso?

retrospitfire_LRG.jpg

Their "Ice" model is somewhat similar to the Givi A770

retroice1_LRG.jpg

Greg Field wrote:

shameless plug.

I ordered one from Greg at Moto Intl. Easy to deal with and shipped quickly. Thanks Greg.
So far only have a few miles on it so I will give an opinion on the touring screen with some more miles..

thanks

Givi Screen (they do several sizes) and stelvio hand guards work very well on mine - both fit with no mods and together cost less than the official taller screen.

Back