• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Matris Cal 14 offerings

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Now taking orders on the new offerings by Matris below. I should have them in for testing here soon, but I'm sure they won't disappoint, as with everything I've tested from them to date (and personally ride on myself) has been very impressive to say the least.
Pricing is roughly $1049 for the (rebound adjust only) emulsion shocks, $1749 for the fully adjustable piggybacks, and $249/$1159 for the fork spring kit/cartridge kit.
Contact me direct to order... or click either below for details or see ALL offerings from Matris on the online store >HERE<

Looking at the application list on this I am thinking a remote reservoir shock will not fit the touring model?

abbienormal said:
Looking at the application list on this I am thinking a remote reservoir shock will not fit the touring model?
If you can send me a clear picture of behind the bag when mounted, I can answer that. The piggyback version is quite compact, so it might work. Also, Matris I believe had the Touring version for development. But I will double check that. I'm collecting orders on my very first shipment for the Cal 14, so contact me ASAP if anyone wants anything above.

Excuse my ignorance re after market shocks for the Custom
but what do they offer that makes another $1700 spend seem like a good idea?
Likewise for the $1150 fork kit.
Surely the originals aren't THAT bad.

Excuse my ignorance re after market shocks for the Custom but what do they offer that makes another $1700 spend seem like a good idea? Likewise for the $1150 fork kit. Surely the originals aren't THAT bad.
Well, the stock suspension certainly has room for improvement if you are used to upgraded suspension components... the Tour more so then the Custom. Logic for "upgrading" a $15-17k motorcycle must make sense to you. One person here on this forum has invested well over $2400 on a pair of Penskes, and has no regrets.
I do have a rear shock options starting at ~$699/pr that I'd say are the base step in true custom-built upgrades (and not just basic OEM replacements). I've ridden many of Matris' products against some of the best in the business, and they are on par or arguably slightly better in many ways.
I'll have my 1400 fully sorted very soon for anyone wanting to sample it, come ride it at; RentAGuzzi.com.

The best you know is the best you've ridden. My first several bikes I rode with stock suspension, didn't know any better nor cared at the time.
I've now had suspension done on two different bikes and for me, it's worth the investment.
I'd say on the Cali Touring, "It's that bad", really poor in my opinion. Mine will be getting replaced. Just waiting to decide on which setup is going back on. Great bike, cheap suspension. Not Guzzis fault. They built it for the market demands. Cruiser demographic isn't typically concerned with quality suspension. I've had good suspension and with good legs under her, this will be a really incredible ride.

Fair comment on the Tourer's suspension. I've not ridden one but the general word definitely supports your view. I guess I just need to ride a Custom that's been fitted with Matris shocks .
In the meantime, I just want to get hold of the GT-rx mufflers and new ECU. Will you be looking at that too?

I've already fitted Mistral exhaust so not Todd's exhaust but will be looking at fueling upgrade after suspension. The fueling is also a common theme on late model bikes as they run extremely lean to meet emission standards. Again, not obviously a "must do" but improvements in these two areas can definitely transform a bike.

My Cal 14 order is stuck in London at the moment, I was expecting delivery today. o_O

However, I have gotten a picture from Matris on their M40D fitted to a Cal 14 T, and have it on my online store now for order/purchase.

Click pic below for details on each:

Got the order in late Monday... finally.

I hope to get everything installed and tested this weekend, and report back here.

I had to install the rear piggybacks just for the shot below (and above).
Click on the pic for info:

Australia. AUD$26-27,000 on road for the Touring.

Stephen

So,new 2015 tourer and am absolutely needing to upgrade the suspension. Two up is down right scary. Increased preload helped a lot but there is lots of room for improvement.

The question I need answered is if there is a final verdict on whether the Matris piggyback version of the shocks will fit behind the touring model bags. If not, is the m40d model from Matris really the next best or are other option out there worth considering.

The question I need answered is if there is a final verdict on whether the Matris piggyback version of the shocks will fit behind the touring model bags. If not, is the m40d model from Matris really the next best or are other option out there worth considering.
The piggyback will not fit on Touring. Any of the IFP/Emulsion offerings I have here are a tremendous improvement. I should have a new IFP and an air-ride option to announce here soon.

The piggyback will not fit on Touring. Any of the IFP/Emulsion offerings I have here are a tremendous improvement.
Todd is correct. I have this setup on my '14 Touring and ride 2 up most of the time. LOVE!!! the results. This includes the Matris spring and spacer kit. Night and Day better over the stockers.

Todd is correct. I have this setup on my '14 Touring and ride 2 up most of the time. LOVE!!! the results. This includes the Matris spring and spacer kit. Night and Day better over the stockers.

Which shocks are you using? The Matris M40D or something else?

Did you get everything you needed out of the spring and spacer kit or do you feel there is more to get out of the cartridge kit (lots more bucks though!)

Back