• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service time

andyals

Tuned and Synch'ed
Even though my Griso has a good service history, and was done less than 200 miles ago, I decided to start from scratch.
Oil change - Silkolene Pro 4 plus 10/60
Gearbox, final drive
Valve clearances checked - all fine.
So the next bit is where I'm stuck.
Throttle bodies / TPS setting.
I'd really like to be able to do this myself, because then I'd have no real need to visit a pro mechanic, but I'm old fashioned, and completely mystified by it all.
I've been trawling the internet, and found some interesting stuff, but most of it is worded in such a way as to only be understood with those who are au-fait with all this electro jiggery pokery.
Can anyone point me towards anything that has been written for a complete novice, with little to no knowledge of computerised technology.
I mean literally, (1) turn on lap top - etc.
I'd really appreciate it.
Something interesting I did find out is that the throttle stop screw must not under any circumstances be touched.
Glad I found that out when I did, as I was thinking about adjusting up my idle speed using that screw, as it is a bit low.
I wondered why it was covered in a kind of yellow wax.
Now that I know, I will leave well alone.
Phew !!!!!!!
Anyway, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

You must have software to set the TPS. See teh store tab, electronics, and Centurion. The TPS must be reset whenever you sync the throttle bodes. The main thing is don't touch the throttle stop screw. The high speed sync is set with both air bypass screws closed, then you open the side with the greatest vacuum to get an idle speed sync. Then the electronic reset of the TPS is performed. All you need is here. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/ and starting on page 97 of this https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/breva-1100-general-service-manual.24/ Yes it is for the 1100 Breva, but the procedure is the same.

Thanks, but now you see whilst all that seems simple to you, it's like another language to me.
I'm not stupid, and have a reasonable technical aptitude and feel I can do this, but what I'd like is a video showing the procedure step by step.
I'd happily pay a fair price for something like that.

Thanks, but now you see whilst all that seems simple to you, it's like another language to me.
I'm not stupid, and have a reasonable technical aptitude and feel I can do this, but what I'd like is a video showing the procedure step by step.
I'd happily pay a fair price for something like that.

If you "have a reasonable technical aptitude" sometimes you just have to jump into the water. Carefully read the PDF file, and use the VDSTS thread for reference. Once you start doing the procedure it will become clear. We all started this way. So long as you don't touch the throttle stop screw, anything you do is recoverable if you don't get the result you want.

Also to note with TR/Centurion-S, if you can connect to the bike and have the computer online, they will give you a free online demo while you watch (M-F 9-5 CST). I highly recommend it.
On a related note, there are less then 24 or so Centurion-S kits left to sell on the planet. Once sold out, they will be moving to the more expensive bluetooth version. Grab one while they last.

Also to note with TR/Centurion-S, if you can connect to the bike and have the computer online, they will give you a free online demo while you watch (M-F 9-5 CST). I highly recommend it.
On a related note, there are less then 24 or so Centurion-S kits left to sell on the planet. Once sold out, they will be moving to the more expensive bluetooth version. Grab one while they last.

OK where can I acquire, and how much ?
Oh and can I ask a couple more quick questions.
1) If my bike runs smooth and idles fine, is it really necessary to do all this ?
2) I do seem to have a problem - in that the idle speed is a bit low from stone cold. I would have thought it would have a cold start mode, that would increase rpm slightly till optimum running temperature is reached ? - Once my bike is warmed up, idle speed is correct, and idle is nice and even. Bike runs smooth and linear, and fuel economy is good. I worked mine out at 45mpg - 50mpg (UK gallons), which I'm very happy with. So in terms of overall running, I'm pleased - I don't want to start fiddling un necessarily.

Last edited:
You are simply setting the baseline to factory specs. You'll also need a CarbMate tool (Amazon has them) to sync the throttle bodies. Nothing you do will jeopardize the running, only make it better.
The Centurion software lives in the Store, tabbed above, direct here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/tr-centurion-diagnostics/

OK I'm in.
As John Zibell said, we all have to start somewhere, and it would be such a great bonus to take care of this aspect of maintencance myself.
I can't find a PM facility so just a couple of quick questions.
How to pay and, cost of postage to the UK, inc the plastic case.
Getting exited now !!!

Andy, PM is now conversation. clock on the person't avatar and a box will appear. Clock on "start a conversation". Or you can e-mail Todd direct todd<at>guzzitech.com

Back