• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Wire Rims & Stucchi Luigi CARC Protector

bmacneil2008

Tuned and Synch'ed
Took 6 weeks but rims finally arrived from Woody's. Hold up was Excel was out of the 5.5 width rear rim, is the widest they make, or any manufacturer for wire wheels. Really like the look, less weight and no bent wheels. Added Avon Distancia tires, 160/60 in rear, widest option I could find in a semi off road tire. Even the BMW GS 1200 is a 150/50. The Stelvio has a wide, wide tire
smiley.gif

15332989044_f1109c5528_c.jpg

15335639043_b4203a456b_c.jpg

15955254525_eabfdf46ef_c.jpg

15769538027_54528133f1_c.jpg

Looks awesome. Details on how much and did you have to send them your old rims as a template? Are the spokes SS or chrome? Still tubeless? And what happened to you OEM rims--mentioned something about them being bent? TY -A

Jeezus. This is the second CARC break I've seen in a week. Someone on ADV posted a picture of a Stelvio with a break in what looks to be the same spot.

Any story on what happened to this Griso?

Jeezus. This is the second CARC break I've seen in a week. Someone on ADV posted a picture of a Stelvio with a break in what looks to be the same spot.

Any story on what happened to this Griso?

Looks further back towards the carc than the one on ADV.

If you click on the picture and then look through the other pictures you can see that it was in an accident as there are scrap marks along the right side (assuming the scraps were from the accident and not from the carc breaking and then causing the accident!!). The break point is exactly where the drive shaft meets the carc so most likely it got hit from the side and snapped the swing arm.

Lets not start a pandemic..........:eek:

Those two pics are going to be shown in all "what should i buy" threads until the end of time. it will be posted by the guy with the ducati, and there will be no context about why the swing arms broke, it will just be assumed to be a guzzi thing:(

Those two pics are going to be shown in all "what should i buy" threads until the end of time. it will be posted by the guy with the ducati, and there will be no context about why the swing arms broke, it will just be assumed to be a guzzi thing:(

Yup....forum politics. They are all the same regardless of brand. We try to quash them quickly on this forum but on multi brand forums like ADV it is hard. Counting down the minutes before it shows up there.

Yes, there are always exceptions, and not knowing the full history is another variable. It looks like the bike has other damage that lead to the failure above... and if someone is trying to ride a Stelvio like a dirt bike, not surprised to see such failures. Our friend Andrea of Stelvio2Stelvio.it went around the world on his, and the only failure was the suspension linkage after it was damaged in a crash.

It was no "failure" it was caused by the bike and rider being hit side on by another vehicle travelling at around 30 mph. Rider's left leg took the full force of the impact.

Looks awesome. Details on how much and did you have to send them your old rims as a template? Are the spokes SS or chrome? Still tubeless? And what happened to you OEM rims--mentioned something about them being bent? TY -A

Thanks. No, just selected Excel rims with new SS spokes as the stock spokes will not fit the rim nipples. Many on here in the forum said the stock rear rim width 5.5" minimized tire selection and going with a 4.5-5.0" was more sensible. Is true, more tires to chose from but I did not want to give up over an inch of tread width by going to 150 x 17. Found 160 width Distanzia's with a nice ADV tread. And I did go tubeless, no issues but if the goo ever starts leaking will need add tubes or mail back to Woody's to reseal. Cost was a bit over $1100 I did same setup with my Versys but went to 19" front in place of the stock 17". Oh, what I meant about 'bent' was if you hit a rut or boulder hard the cast rims will bend/dent 100% more easily than spoke rims, much more give.

15044453541_dd226c4f3b_c.jpg

Yes, there are always exceptions, and not knowing the full history is another variable. It looks like the bike has other damage that lead to the failure above... and if someone is trying to ride a Stelvio like a dirt bike, not surprised to see such failures. Our friend Andrea of Stelvio2Stelvio.it went around the world on his, and the only failure was the suspension linkage after it was damaged in a crash.

is there a mirror of that Stelvio2Stelvio.it? it has never worked for me.

ugh. never mind, its a poorly configured site, does not work with out the www:)

Back