• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Calling all ladies!

timothy st.john

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello ladies,

It has recently occurred to me that I have absently failed to use language that includes or would encourage women to participate in my postings. I apologize, and be less absent in practise.

I have been married three times, but never to a women that expressed interest in riding, and I don't participate in riding groups, so you are a bit of a myth to me by experience.

I know you are there though. I wonder how many you are? Todd. If possible, without breaching confidentiality, could you let us know how many female enthusiasts participate in this forum. Thank you!

Timothy St. John

Hellooooooooo...........?

Hmmmm....I would have thought this thread would have received at least some uptake. That being the case, and until experience advises me otherwise, I will write to and for men (minus the misogyny), who typically consort (or used to) to differentially abstracted purpose.

However, it saddens me that women today are so passive about their methodology in subscription to any public forum; especially if its populated by men. A woman, sufficiently aware of her own authority with men, would step boldly into the fray.

I get that some women may have been 'passing' as men on this forum for some time, to some perceived benefit, but I assure you that there are privileges that come of your declaration of your membership in a group that enjoys so much immediate favor with men.

In the circles I travel, women are much respected and their company and opinions enjoyed. Statistically, you are more likely to be assaulted (for your efforts) if you are a man. Women, it seems, although suffering with us, enjoy slightly more deference from us than they do persecution.

Failing that input, I wonder, gentlemen what are your experiences with the women in your life. Do they ride? Do they support you riding? How vehemently do they protest your pursuit of riding? My wife is not at all pleased, but is aware that my pursuit of certain...practices is in no small part component to her attraction to me.

Ladies, the invitation is still open.

Timothy St. John

My wife rides. After I got my V7 (my first mc) she asked if she could take it around a empty parking lot. After one lap she returned and said " I'm getting one!". My wife has always been supportive of my interests and passion in life, its why we have been married for 13 years out of high school. We both realized pretty quickly that if we want each of us remain happy and real with each other, we each have to let each other be ourselves. If we do that, we are even more considerate to each other. It would be nice to see more women involved in mc riding and forums. I think their perspective can be different and beneficial.

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I wonder, do females who are 'ride' enthusiasts express interest in the tinkering, upgrading aspect of the hobby? Its not typically the way that women invest themselves, but then...maybe women who ride 'committedly' are not typical; to the advantage of those men partnered to them. My wife would rather feed her closet with a new pair of shoes or a new bag (although she has hundreds) over say...a suspension upgrade to her motorcycle; even if it made it safer or more enjoyable for her. Its doesn't follow any rationale I use, but there it is!

Timothy St. John

I don't think you can generalize about women any more than you can about men. My wife rides. She has three motorcycles, a V11, A 650 Lario, and a Monster1100. She has also, in the past, been the tuner/mechanic when I was racing a TZ250. She has more shoes than me but she does not collect them or have an unusual number of shoes. She does not post here, or pretty much any other boards, she would rather do things that she enjoys like ride, garden, and art.
I am sure there are women on this board, but I would not be surprised if they did not wish to be singled out nor would I try to single them out. We are all just enthusiasts here. Our sex is no more relevant than how many times we have been married ;-)

My wife loves the idea of upgrading parts. We actually just ordered clip-ons, short adjustable levers, SSR preload caps, SSR emissions block off plate, M4 full exhaust, PC-V, fender elim, and rear seat cowl for her Ninja 300. She has been riding it fairly stock for the past 2 years other then a K&N filter and Slip on. But all of the sudden she got bit by the tuning bug and cannot wait to take her baby Ninja to the next level as well as her riding. Maybe it was because of being a new rider she didn't really care too much about upgrades. The only thing she wanted was a slip on for noise and to fit in with the crowd. I think women's interests can be broad, where as men's are smaller and more focused. But what do I know.

Hi there! My name is Jenny
I got my v7 a week ago at the suggestion of my roommate- also a twenty something bike riding babe but she has been riding for 7 years and teaching me the ropes the past week. Just 7 days and already I have racked 350 miles on the odometer! Can't stop riding, the bug got me bad.

I am one of those that are into mods and that type of stuff, bigtime- both performance and aesthetic. I do all my own mech work and installation with a good amount of experience working on cars. Basically just saying- don't feel like you have to spare me with the technical jargon. I just installed my mistral slip ons and tarozzi clip ons last night. Can't wait to do more!

Anyway just wanted to say hello and that yes, the badass modding/wrench slinging/tinkering kinda women are here! :party:

Here's a pic of my ride as of today. Still lot's to do. So far just mistral shorties and the clip ons. The red truck in the background is mine, it's an 87 4runner 4wd 5spd w/ 500k miles :D
5kURUfs.jpg

Thank you! Lots more to come for this v7! :)
Cool! That small block certainly looks the business. Kind of a menacing no nonsense look about it. The new small block offerings keep getting better and better from Guzzi.
Cheers!

Welcome Jenny, thanks for posting, and I'll respond to your email shortly. Great having you here... Hope your roommate joins in as well, and look forward to meeting you both.

Hello Jenny!

I have never had association with a woman, any woman, who, in submission to her innate nature, was as boring, settled or safe in her thinking as are most of today's absently politically correct men. So, I hope we will be much profited by your contribution. I've no voice here save my own, but I offer that in addition of welcome to those just heralded by Todd; the site's resident expert and administrator!

Timothy St. John

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I met with Todd this morning and had him flash the ECU- which was really interesting to watch and hear how he got the hardware to do such things. The bike feels so much improved it's kind of nuts. Drives like a totally different bike in the best way possible. We've got one small kink to work out and it will be perfect (heading back to Todd's tomorrow evening to have a look). I dunno how many people here have had the opportunity to see Todd's garage, but it's an absolutely stunning location. Really fun to get to as well, as it is buried deep in canyon road country in Malibu. It was my first time riding a canyon road, so I was pretty careful, but it felt totally natural. A lot of fun without all the cars and intersections. Looking forward to going back tomorrow to practice again!

AND good news: I aced my motorcycle foundations on-bike course earlier today, top of the class! It has been a very fun weekend. I think I have spent most of my waking hours in the saddle.

Tim- I don't know what I will be able to contribute, it is probably too early to say. But I do have a heavy hankering for fabrication and custom mods. Among other things, I am an experienced mig welder and 3d modeler / cad designer / c programmer / circuit geek- so it's actually quite within the realm of possibilities that I will have something to contribute if I find a need to fulfill. And I always like to share that kinda stuff, so I'm sure you'll hear about it if I do!

Hope you all had great weekends as well! Thanks again for the warm welcome :)

Jenny, Congratulations on completing the MSF course. However, that is just the beginning, There is much more to learn. There is also the experienced course from MSF for a little more training. Since Todd is close by, talk with him about continued education. Track schools with good instruction sessions are a plus. Plus read as much as you can on riding techniques. You have started off on the right foot, I hope you have a great deal of fun on the rest of the journey.

Wow, congratulations are in order! Nice job acing the on bike course! Glad to hear you have expertise in those diverse fields....A question, what would it take to make a 3d copy of a 4 valve Lario head, and get it into production? Just curious...thinking about performance mods...
Cheers!

John- thank you! A few people in the class had mentioned the advanced course as well as the track course. I am already considering it because it does sound like fun, and I am the type to want to learn as much as I can when I get into something. Also I know that I am still very very new to this and I consider my lack of experience with every ride- no matter how comfortable I may feel on the bike. One of the key things I picked up in the class was knowing your limitations and not trying to surpass them. I took that to heart, bigtime. Thanks for your message :)

Mwrenn- so you must be the guy that Todd was talking about doing the 4 valve head project with?? ;) I wouldn't know the first thing about duplicating something so complex and finely toleranced as a head, unless it involved schematics or precise measurements that I could replicate in CAD and somehow send to a machine shop... This is just a guess. It would probably be a shop bill in the order of tens of thousands to do it that way as I imagine it would take some back and forth with multiple prototypes to get it right. Like I said though, take that with a grain of salt. I am just speculating. If you guys ever do need some cad work done however, sign me up! I love doing that stuff.

Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week! And thank you for being so welcoming to me.

Congrats on passing the test, Jenny. I am also a big fan of higher learning when it comes to motorcycles. My wife and I used to do something called BattlTrax. It was basically AutoCross for motorcycles. Buell put them on. It was a fantastic way to learn how to handle your motorcycle and just what you could make it do. Unfortunately they are gone. But we have been known to hit a large parking lot with cones. Another great option, once you feel comfortable enough, is a track day. They aren't just for racer wannabe's.
As to the head project, They do have the ability to 3D print working metal parts, but that is likely still too expensive. The 3D print shop near me has a plastic 2 valve Ducati desmo head as an example of what they can do. I am working on seeing if I can take it off their hands, no luck so far.
And the wife does own a Lario, so if I can get them to replicate the heads I will let you know. But don't hold your breathe.

Haha thanks. I actually do own a large format 3D printer (Gigabot), but yeah just PLA plastic, soon to be ABS as well.

I won't be holding my breath quite yet anyway. The 750cc v7 in stock form is more than enough for me to get excited about being so new to motorcycles. Plus, Todd's ecu reflash was a game changer enough for me right now!

Jenny,

Your input has already brought more people out of the woodwork than would have otherwise been the case. Thanks for that!

The beauty of this forum is that Todd provides so much expertise himself, that the rest of us need only share our ignorance to advance the community by his address.

Timothy St. John

Well it's good to be here. Thanks Tim :)

I'd like to get my roommate on here, too, but I don't think she is as much of a fan of online forums. She just likes to ride!

Spent the evening hanging with Todd and Gretchen, while Todd worked some ecu adjustment magic. Took a pic just down the street from his place just before the end of twilight. It was about 20 degrees colder under that cloud level. Todd has it good! It's like another world up there at his shop.

Back